• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Zikapore Budget 2017: Water Prices To Rise 30% Over Two Years! More Rebates Pls!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The main problem is there is no capable opposition now. What I mean is no opposition party being able to do a better job than the PAP. Look at CST. His inward looking and style, cost him his Potong Pasir ward eventually. Look at LTK. Even his own people are having infighting at their CEC. Even Lee Li Lian had declined the NCMP post after she had lost the last GE. No need to even say for CSJ.

Prior to the 2011 GE, I remembered having voted for the Opposition, but of course my constituency was still won by the PAP eventually. My opinion is that even if the Opposition is to take over, it may not necessary that they will revoke the PAP policies and loosen the belt. I'm sure they will also not want to rock the boat too much and what's been working had better remained so. Don't be deceived because when they do take over, it may not turn out what you had expected/anticipated. Sinkies are all selfish. If the WP had once complained of the high salaries for the MPs, why don't they take the initiative to voluntarily take a pay-cut now to show their sincerity?

Stop swallowing the PAP propaganda. You have been told by the PAP controlled media that the oppo is not capable. How do you know this is a fact? You can forget about the WP, as they are fake oppo and the PAP B team. I don't have a problem with the SDP or NSP or Reform Party. if anything, all these parties should combine their efforts to form a coalition. There are smart capable people in all the oppo parties. Go out and meet them and you will know what I mean.

I can tell you for sure that no oppo party has lost $42 billions like the PAP appointed Whore Jinx in Temasek has. I can tell for sure that no oppo party has let in hundreds of thousands of FTs to steal our jobs. The PAP can be gone tomorrow, but rhe civil service will continue, schools and unis will still be open, police and emergency services will still run, the airport and MRT will still operate, etc. In other words, life goes on but under a new management.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
PAP MPs are getting $2 to $3+ million a year. With that kind of salary of course Sporeans expect results. Sporeans were brought up under LKY's Spore where you either deliver or you got replaced.

Many of the PAP politicians are actually new Sporeans who were originally from Malaysia. Ultimately the responsibility for their poor performance lies with their leader LHL. Don't expect him to step down because there is a double standard in Spore. If you are a "lesser mortal" you are expected to perform or be replaced but if you are an elite, mistakes are honest mistake and ....?

Don't forget about the blatant corruption. A Finance Minister can appoint his own wife to run a Sovereign wealth fund 100% owned by his his own ministry even though the wife knows fuck all about fund management.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP MPs are getting $2 to $3+ million a year. With that kind of salary of course Sporeans expect results. Sporeans were brought up under LKY's Spore where you either deliver or you got replaced.

Many of the PAP politicians are actually new Sporeans who were originally from Malaysia. Ultimately the responsibility for their poor performance lies with their leader LHL. Don't expect him to step down because there is a double standard in Spore. If you are a "lesser mortal" you are expected to perform or be replaced but if you are an elite, mistakes are honest mistake and ....?
Why don't you tell me who's the next best (and willing) person to be the PM? Tharman had already officially declined. I think LHL won't be at the helm for too much longer, even his health may be an issue.

I do agree that LHL has never been proven to be as capable as his father. But then, even during LKY's helm, there were also much criticisms and dissatisfaction on the way he had ruled. I bet you were also one of them.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main problem is there is no capable opposition now. What I mean is no opposition party being able to do a better job than the PAP. Look at CST. His inward looking and style, cost him his Potong Pasir ward eventually. Look at LTK. Even his own people are having infighting at their CEC. Even Lee Li Lian had declined the NCMP post after she had lost the last GE. No need to even say for CSJ.

Prior to the 2011 GE, I remembered having voted for the Opposition, but of course my constituency was still won by the PAP eventually. My opinion is that even if the Opposition is to take over, it may not necessary that they will revoke the PAP policies and loosen the belt. I'm sure they will also not want to rock the boat too much and what's been working had better remained so. Don't be deceived because when they do take over, it may not turn out what you had expected/anticipated. Sinkies are all selfish. If the WP had once complained of the high salaries for the MPs, why don't they take the initiative to voluntarily take a pay-cut now to show their sincerity?

I thought ur attitude was not to rely or depend on the government for anything?So fuck the PAP.who cares if theres anyone capable or not.as far as I'm concerned any cow or donkey is as capable as PAP judging from the way they run their GLCs.all I'm asking for is a government that serves my interests first or they can gtfo.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a problem with the SDP or NSP or Reform Party. if anything, all these parties should combine their efforts to form a coalition.
Very amusing. Those are not even once in ruling (a constituency) and you are already giving them your approval. Isn't this being over enthusiastic? Forming a coalition? Is this a joke?

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought ur attitude was not to rely or depend on the government for anything?So fuck the PAP.who cares if theres anyone capable or not.as far as I'm concerned any cow or donkey is as capable as PAP judging from the way they run their GLCs.all I'm asking for is a government that serves my interests first or they can gtfo.
I don't depend on the government for handouts, which I think it's appropriate since I can still well afford on my own. But I also wouldn't want to see a failed Singapore by the world community. I'm still holding the Singapore passport you know.

Even if you so hated the PAP, would you just let any cow or donkey to further deteriorate the situation? I still have pride in being a Singaporean.

Also, don't overestimate the National Reserves because if there will indeed be a severe mismanagement by any cow or donkey, they can also be squandered within a decade and I'm sure I have more than 10 years of life remaining.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can forget about the WP, as they are fake oppo and the PAP B team.
Why do you say as such? They must have disappointed you with their performance till now. You mean to say that a good opposition can only come from those that are fully against the PAP policies? I think you are too narrow minded in this aspect. What's good can continue to be adopted, change only what's necessary.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't you tell me who's the next best (and willing) person to be the PM? Tharman had already officially declined. I think LHL won't be at the helm for too much longer, even his health may be an issue.....

Why limit the selection only to the PAP?

There are plenty of capable people in Spore & not all of them are in politics. The reason many Sporeans don't want to get involved is because of the toxic nature of PAP politics e.g. back stabbing, telling half truth & lies, kissing backsides, ....

Even if LHL steps down, he will probably still be in charge, directing things from the background through his puppet. The only way things will change is if he & some of the Lees ups the lorry.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP should take Israelis Babi's advice - invade Mudland and annex those lands. Then, no water problem. No need to increase water tariffs.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these ministars have absolutely no idea how hard lives are for sinkies? they are really staying in ivory tower. i wonder if their policies are crafted and catered for the rich class or for all pple. after staying a year in oz, i find that the cost of living in s'pore is higher. i think telling sinkies to save water is better than hiking the tariffs of the price of water, this sounds more like a convenient excuse to pocket more money for themselves. moreover, the mainstream media is good at orchestrating what their master want them to say. lastly, i dun agree that price of water be hiked by 30%, very drastic!

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these ministars have absolutely no idea how hard lives are for sinkies? they are really staying in ivory tower. i wonder if their policies are crafted and catered for the rich class or for all pple. after staying a year in oz, i find that the cost of living in s'pore is higher. i think telling sinkies to save water is better than hiking the tariffs of the price of water, this sounds more like a convenient excuse to pocket more money for themselves. moreover, the mainstream media is good at orchestrating what their master want them to say. lastly, i dun agree that price of water be hiked by 30%, very drastic!

If the people are made to pay the full cost, then there should be zero taxes.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ooh so much pride in the japanese traitor party. Banzai!
It now seems to me that many of those PAP haters are the real traitors. Their main objective is to see the downfall of the government and in doing so, also the eventual downfall of Singapore. As can be seen, several of them are now so dismayed and disappointed with the WP and even accuse the WP to be in cahoot with the PAP. They will only be satisfied and accept an Opposition Party, if and only if, it will go against all the PAP policies. I think this is very toxic. These traitors must definitely be assassinated or eliminated, exactly like what the fat Kim in North Korea is doing.

Another point is that all the poor and the aged (applicable to those depending on state welfare) must also be deported. Call me selfish, but these are the people that will eventually become a burden and liability to the state. Tax payers are not obligated to support them to their graves when they themselves did not implement adequate financial planning during their productive years, but will instead, only know how to squander away their savings. I totally despise such people.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you have a simplistic view of government, the politics and the role of society in terms what they are looking for.

Firstly most people do not depend on handouts. Secondly criticism does not equate to seeking handouts, freebies, use of reserves etc. It is more towards performance, use of unfair and underhanded means to stifle opposition, lack of transparency on numerous issues, false sense of entitlement - salary, perks and compensation in comparison to well performing 1st world nations.

As to performance you can see things that used for work perfectly for 3 decades are breaking down and frequently at that - lifts, trains, recurring floods, faulty and poor procurement methods - expensive bin centres, brompton bikes, Marina name, etc

We all lived thru the early years and accepted most of it as it was nation building and time was needed to have instruments and institutions of government in place. After 4 decades our democratic model at the very minimum should have had some sort of matured or maturing 2 party or 3 party system so there choices and more importantly no single party hijacks the country for their own personal use.

We have come to stage where we have broken a long held tradition of not appointing a political identity aligned with the ruling party in AG's chambers. No, 50% of practising lawyers have not died and there is no shortage of legal skills out there. The candidate is not even consider an intellectual heavy weight by any respect. The Wife of the PM runs the sovereign fund and despite claims of handing over, nothing has been achieved. If you track all the investments that Temasek made since 2008 and that were made public thru foreign media, every single one of them has led to losses. A hard record to beat.

The PAP has got away with it because they know that there are enough gullible people out their who cannot connect the dots. These are people who actually believe most Singaporeans are looking for handouts and do not want to work. They genuinely believe that the Straits Times are reporting for the interest of the country. These are people who do not possess the intelligence to discern for themselves what is going on.

Yes when you compare Singapore to Malaysia, you will end up with the mistaken sense that we are improving, not that Malaysia is getting worse. Look at the billions spent on A*Star. Nothing material has been achieved in 20 years.

Can you recall a single things we have achieved in the last 20 years - such as creating SIA, building MRT, running an international shipping line like NOL, world's largest port - PSA etc. Anything that we can compare using international measures?

Do you even remember what happened when the white paper on population was discussed in Parliament. A PAP MP walked out, the PM had to hold a tea party at the Istana to apologise to the nurses who were maligned by the submissions, they were shocked by the vitriol when the many focus groups that saw it prior to the submission praised it to the heavens. So what went wrong with their sensing mechanism. Were they talking too less than intelligent people who turn up for theses sessions and are proud to say they do not to take handouts but are as blur as they come.

Do you even know that the son of a former scholar and Head of Civil Service had to repeat his A levels in ACJC but still managed to get OMS, and entered the Elite Admin Service. He is now struggling after 10 years to carry out his duty. There is another scholar and civil servant whose parents were also in the civil service and who made $20 million purchases of property and they have been flipping properties which has been one of the favourite activity in the Admin Service for the last 30 years. Do you even know that the daughter of the old man flipped her property within 60 days which she acquired thru "soft launch" which did not even include shareholders of the company which was behind the development. And till today the soft launch list has not been revealed but it includes select members of the High Court Bench who are linked to Lee & Lee.

I don't depend on the government for handouts, which I think it's appropriate since I can still well afford on my own. But I also wouldn't want to see a failed Singapore by the world community. I'm still holding the Singapore passport you know.

Even if you so hated the PAP, would you just let any cow or donkey to further deteriorate the situation? I still have pride in being a Singaporean.

Also, don't overestimate the National Reserves because if there will indeed be a severe mismanagement by any cow or donkey, they can also be squandered within a decade and I'm sure I have more than 10 years of life remaining.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly most people do not depend on handouts. Secondly criticism does not equate to seeking handouts, freebies, use of reserves etc. It is more towards performance, use of unfair and underhanded means to stifle opposition, lack of transparency on numerous issues, false sense of entitlement - salary, perks and compensation in comparison to well performing 1st world nations.

As to performance you can see things that used for work perfectly for 3 decades are breaking down and frequently at that - lifts, trains, recurring floods, faulty and poor procurement methods - expensive bin centres, brompton bikes, Marina name, etc
The Sinkies had been too dependent on the government to take care of everything for them. They expect to be treated well from the utilization of the National Reserves, which they assumed that they are fully entitled to. Come on, nobody owes anyone a living, not even the government. 1 has to strive for his own survival. Otherwise, you just simply become another burden to the next in line to support you.

I can only conclude that no matter what, those scums who hate the government so much that what ever the government is and has been doing is never right. Even when LKY was around, these people will just similarly condemned most of his actions and policies.

I can only offer them a real challenge. Instead of expressing their frustrations (with a hidden agenda) in forums, why not form a political party themselves to counter the incumbent. At the same, prove your capability to the people. However, these scums have no guts to do it, and I'm very sure. They only know how to kpkb here, day in, day out. There are so many examples around.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat National reserve? Just ret CPF as 55, possible? Who's using who to their advantage, where is the accountatibily in any ministry today. If a bust bin cost 800k to built, they surely need to hve their head examined.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you need to differentiate those that hate the government with no or little basis and those that have repeatedly questioned the Government conduct over numerous issues. Imagine a HDB owned company refusing to provide spares parts for lifts to private contractors who service lifts in numerous HDB wards.

The Sinkies had been too dependent on the government to take care of everything for them. They expect to be treated well from the utilization of the National Reserves, which they assumed that they are fully entitled to. Come on, nobody owes anyone a living, not even the government. 1 has to strive for his own survival. Otherwise, you just simply become another burden to the next in line to support you.

I can only conclude that no matter what, those scums who hate the government so much that what ever the government is and has been doing is never right. Even when LKY was around, these people will just similarly condemned most of his actions and policies.

I can only offer them a real challenge. Instead of expressing their frustrations (with a hidden agenda) in forums, why not form a political party themselves to counter the incumbent. At the same, prove your capability to the people. However, these scums have no guts to do it, and I'm very sure. They only know how to kpkb here, day in, day out. There are so many examples around.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As to your second point, its a valid suggestion if Singapore was an open country like 1st World countries and even numerous 3rd world countries that do not deliberately stifle or put huge obstacles in the path of opposition politics.

We have the world's highest rate for deposit to stand as a candidate. The media is controlled by the PAP, editors have been dismissed and replaced. How do you campaign and reach out to your voters?