• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat A rare good story

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to give it to the US for making dreams come true for many no matter where they are from. Makes your day.

http://aaj.tv/2017/02/the-story-of-an-inspiring-pakistan-born-lady-engineer-at-nasa/

The story of an inspiring Pakistan-born Lady engineer at NASA

Posted on February 20, 2017 by madeeha zuberi in Latest, SCI-TECH, Science, Technology

WEB DESK: The story of Pakistani born lady serving in NASA is surely inspiring. The young lady successfully made to NASA as per her childhood dream but it was not an easy journey.

Hibah Rahmani, was born in Pakistan and move to Kuwait where she had to face condition of war. The hard times had fallen upon them but she never stopped dreaming.

As she said,”My fondest memory growing up is taking walks with my family at night, either in the desert or on the sidewalk by the Arabian (Persian) Gulf, looking up at the sky to admire the moon and stars, and thinking about astronauts such as Neil Armstrong who have stepped on the moon,” she said. “It was around this time I developed a passion for science, space and astronomy”.

However, time went more difficult when Iraq invaded Kuwait back in 1990, her family had to live in open desserts. Though, everything seemed impossible, life was getting tougher but it was those shiny moon and stars that kept her dream alive. It made her determined to take her dream further where she can study about stars, NASA.

Educational Background

After the war ended back in February 1991, Rahmani, moved back to Kuwait and decided to become an engineer. Moreover, to pursue her dreams, she moved to US in 1997, after the completion of her high school in Kuwait.

At the University of Central Florida (UCF), She completed her Bachelor in Computer Engineering. And after her graduation in 2000, she begun working as a Systems Engineer for the International Space Station (ISS) for Boeing.

“I was involved with integrated testing of the ISS components and sometimes astronauts would stop by to either view or participate in the testing,” Rahmani said. “It is during this time that I developed a strong desire to become an astronaut and started taking steps toward that goal.”

Furthermore, these situation convinced her to complete a more advanced degree, Masters in electrical and computer engineering, between 2002 and 2005 from Georgia Tech.

Her Career in NASA

Hibah Rahmani, in 2008, begun working in NASA’s Engineering and Technology Directorate at Kennedy, which is her current position as well.

“I support NASA’s Launch Services Program, working on expendable launch vehicles such as the Pegasus XL and Falcon 9,” she said. “I provide technical expertise, follow launch vehicle testing, perform data reviews and provide technical assessments of engineering issues.”

Hibah says “The happiest and most exciting moment of my job is to watch a rocket take off from the launch pad and go into space.”

Additionally, the strong passion for work can be observed from her voluntary Public Engagements in order to inspire others. As Hiba added “I love to inspire others. I speak to students at local schools about my career and have volunteered as a science fair judge.”

Her Message

“I have the privilege of working with an amazing team, while doing what I love,” she says. Her key to success is that she sets some very high goals.

“The experiences of my life have taught me to always dream big and to never give up, because you can achieve whatever you want if you work hard.”

She asks the youth, especially girls, to “stay focused and dream big.” That is the philosophy she followed ever since she fell in love with the stars in a desolate Jordanian desert.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes if america had not invaded iraq,afganistan,iran,libya,lebanon,kuwait,sudan,yemen and syria all these roaches would still be rotting back in their countries.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Propaganda to fool the masses. You ask her dreams or Islam she will tell you why not both? Why you cannot Islam? Away with these foolish talk! Away!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... “The experiences of my life have taught me to always dream big and to never give up, because you can achieve whatever you want if you work hard.” ...
plenty of dese in sinkielan ... can c dem woking very hard q-ing 2 buy toto ... dey dream big n dey never gif up ...