• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 2 impt fuoreign Domestic workers rules that are not mentioned in mom website

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone knows the best practices for the below as MOM website and guides does not mention, as I believes it is between employer and the fdw.
Although I'm always against the concept of hiring maids in modern society, certain best practices is recommended .

1. Can a employer request the maid to give them body massage ? No pun intended, I mean clean massage after a hard day of work. Best if the employer pays them a small token say $10 for this extra job, and definitely more worth then paying atb $50. I'm sure that maid will be very happy to do it.

2. What is the meaning of day rest for maids ?
Is it from a certain hours eg 8am to 6pm etc or it means the whole day they can be out ? Or even when at home they can relax and don't need work at all ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Not for the sicko question.
Mom site didn't state if a single man can hire a fdw, which means so long a person who meets the income eligibility can hire. Will this pose as a potential risk for the maid ? As the employer may walkin to an agency and select the chio maid they can find and u know. .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To prevent all these problems I thought that MOM had rules about who can hire a maid?

If you are young, single AND healthy you can't hire a maid. Unless of course you have a handicap & need assistance.
No chinese maids are allowed. This was LKY's idea that a chinese maid would threaten the "happy" Sporean marriage.

Since I don't have a maid I can only recall some of the hearsay I have heard about past rules & regulations. Although I don't see how these rules can be practical for single parents who are male & still need someone to look after their child when they are working?

There are now plenty of non-chinese couples in Spore & I doubt that race would be a barrier to hanky panky.

Even the rules of the women's charter about prenup agreements can be ignored by the court IF the couple are angmo & the prenup was made before they came to Spore,

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To prevent all these problems I thought that MOM had rules about who can hire a maid?

If you are young, single AND healthy you can't hire a maid. Unless of course you have a handicap & need assistance.
No chinese maids are allowed. This was LKY's idea that a chinese maid would threaten the "happy" Sporean marriage.

Since I don't have a maid I can only recall some of the hearsay I have heard about past rules & regulations. Although I don't see how these rules can be practical for single parents who are male & still need someone to look after their child when they are working?

There are now plenty of non-chinese couples in Spore & I doubt that race would be a barrier to hanky panky.

Even the rules of the women's charter about prenup agreements can be ignored by the court IF the couple are angmo & the prenup was made before they came to Spore,

Johnnie boy, here is the eligibility criteria.

Who is eligible

To hire an FDW, you must:

Be 21 years old and above
Not be an undischarged bankrupt
Have the mental capacity to fully understand and discharge your responsibility as an employer.
We will also consider your financial ability to hire, maintain and upkeep the FDW in an acceptable accommodation.

If you are a first time FDW employer, you must attend an Employer Orientation Programme (EOP) before you apply for an FDW.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
In summary, maid is not equal to whore.

Whore things should look for professionals like Buangkokway aka BKK.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3. Not for the sicko question.
Mom site didn't state if a single man can hire a fdw, which means so long a person who meets the income eligibility can hire. Will this pose as a potential risk for the maid ? As the employer may walkin to an agency and select the chio maid they can find and u know. .

Some smart teeko pek single might want to bypass woman charter and the commitment to sarpork the foreign wife and family clan, and choose to hire a chio fdw at a restricted usage .

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In summary, maid is not equal to whore.

Whore things should look for professionals like Buangkokway aka BKK.

Some people attempt to treat or think of every woman as whore , including waitress, shop assistant, insurance agents etc but all this is not as vulnerable as a maid.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some smart teeko pek single might want to bypass woman charter and the commitment to sarpork the foreign wife and family clan, and choose to hire a chio fdw at a restricted usage .

In Spore don't forget about the extra costs of having a "maid". There is the monthly $$$ maid levy & regular pregnancy checkups.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Spore don't forget about the extra costs of having a "maid". There is the monthly $$$ maid levy & regular pregnancy checkups.

This is true but of course this employer will measure the % of needing the maid to tidy his house, do the chores, at the beck and call. Finally the point 1 i was talking about.
Estimated total cost for a fdw at current market rate is about sgd $1.2k inclusive of everything. It is affordable for singles of middle income .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is true but of course this employer will measure the % of needing the maid to tidy his house, do the chores, at the beck and call. Finally the point 1 i was talking about.
Estimated total cost for a fdw at current market rate is about sgd $1.2k inclusive of everything. It is affordable for singles of middle income .

It may be affordable but just imagines how much happier your live-in partner would be with the extra $500+ that is going to the maid levy & pregnancy checks.

FYI, if you apply for a retirement visa in Indonesia, other than showing that you have an annual income of USD$18,000 it is mandatory that you hire a maid or butler . So here is a gov't that insists that you have at least one maid or man servant, whatever your preference :biggrin:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is our SPF n MOM doing about repatriated maids who were convicted of theft returning here with new name or fake passport???

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

these levies n fees are for ftrashes to enjoy f...king them as a sort of service to us as most employers do not f...k these dirty holes

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may be affordable but just imagines how much happier your live-in partner would be with the extra $500+ that is going to the maid levy & pregnancy checks.

FYI, if you apply for a retirement visa in Indonesia, other than showing that you have an annual income of USD$18,000 it is mandatory that you hire a maid or butler . So here is a gov't that insists that you have at least one maid or man servant, whatever your preference :biggrin:

You may have underestimated the power and freedom of owning a chio fdw as compared to a live-in partner as the former holds no commitment.
Sir johntan might have some idea but too bad he has already a chio wife monitoring his behaviour. I'm not sure is he contented :biggrin: