• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Man sustains knee injuries after faulty lift rapidly ascends and descends with no con

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
A 20-year-old Singaporean man sustained knee injuries after lift A in Block 890C at Tampines Avenue 1 went out of control, rapidly ascending to the 14th storey before plunging to the fifth last Monday (Feb 13) at around 11.30am.

The man was allegedly going home from his friend’s house and boarded the lift on the sixth floor before it spiralled out of control, reports Shin Min Daily News via Lianhe Zaobao.

He recalled his terrifying experience:

“No matter how I pressed the buttons, there were no reactions from the lift.

“I was shocked to see the lift ascend instead of going down after I pressed the button for the ground level.

“I tried pressing the ‘open’ button but the doors did not budge at all.

“I was scared out of my wits.

“When it finally landed on the fifth storey, there was a loud thud.”

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Man sustains knee injuries after faulty lift rapidly ascends and descends with no

“When it finally landed on the fifth storey, there was a loud thud.”

How can it LAND on the fifth story when the lift shaft goes all the way down to ground floor plus a few metres beyond.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Man sustains knee injuries after faulty lift rapidly ascends and descends with no

Someone please make a movie and add this adventurous ride to Universal Studios Singapore. I am sure this will be a sell-out!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Go apply downgrade to PES C

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tampines was one of the place where the pappy had a resounding victory with votes increasing from 72,728 (57.22 %) to 95,202 (72.065 %) despite MBT making HDB flats unaffordable for locals.
YOU ASKED FOR IT
Kindly shut up and pay for the coming increase in water bills and conservancy charges and university fees.(subsidised by the highly generous $100 vouchers for NSmen).

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We reached this state because some wise guy asked why we are using such expensive Japanese lifts while we can get China lifts which are so much cheaper. Problem is no one dared to ask him why he did not drive a cherry QQ which is also so much cheaper. Pleaset say your prayer each time you take a lift. No maintenance can stop such risk when the parts used will just break down even when the lift is brand new and will operate normally again.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We reached this state because some wise guy asked why we are using such expensive Japanese lifts while we can get China lifts which are so much cheaper. Problem is no one dared to ask him why he did not drive a cherry QQ which is also so much cheaper. Pleaset say your prayer each time you take a lift. No maintenance can stop such risk when the parts used will just break down even when the lift is brand new and will operate normally again.

You look down on Cherry?? they are buying over PROTON..ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Proton is the same category as CQQ...

But "Mad hatter" will tell you, Proton..world crass car..oops! World Class car!, I have a Malaysian friend, whenever I am in Malaysia the person will pick me up in the Proton Saga, which is more than 20 years old, body falling apart, engine damn good still...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree with you. We walked into this one with our eyes wide open.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Agree with you. We walked into this one with our eyes wide open.

Good grief... Imagine the same being said about China Con., Qing Con., etc... :eek::eek::eek: What happened to our local chaps like LianBeng, etc?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, PAP with their economy of scale by poling all town councils, still get faulty/unreliable lifts. Then the residents need to pay more fees to maintain it.

I don't know what to say!

jw5

Loyal

Tampines was one of the place where the pappy had a resounding victory with votes increasing from 72,728 (57.22 %) to 95,202 (72.065 %) despite MBT making HDB flats unaffordable for locals.
YOU ASKED FOR IT
Kindly shut up and pay for the coming increase in water bills and conservancy charges and university fees.(subsidised by the highly generous $100 vouchers for NSmen).

The residents should have voted for Goh MS when they had the chance. :biggrin:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

likely these staged accidents hookwink council flat owner to cough up more conservancy fees!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's a trap,the lift is trying to trick him into prying the doors open and sticking his head out before plunging the way and decapitating his head.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Go apply downgrade to PES C

Town council should investigate if this 20yo is soon enlisting for NS. Possibility of using this opportunity to geng should not be rule out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But "Mad hatter" will tell you, Proton..world crass car..oops! World Class car!, I have a Malaysian friend, whenever I am in Malaysia the person will pick me up in the Proton Saga, which is more than 20 years old, body falling apart, engine damn good still...

The older proton sagas used engines from Mitsubishi

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The older proton sagas used engines from Mitsubishi

All you need to do is get a new car body....& the engine will still run economically for another 10 years that is 30 years, no joke!...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All you need to do is get a new car body....& the engine will still run economically for another 10 years that is 30 years, no joke!...

Jap cars are very lasting. In Canada it is common to see cars with 300,000 km & still going strong. I would go for 2nd hand Jap cars with a milage of 120,000+ . I've toured around western Canada & USA using these older cars & have never had any problems. I don't even have to top up the engine oil.

When I was driving to Las Vegas I would see cars stopping by the road side because of over heating problems. Never had any problems with my Jap hatch back even though it must have been 100 degrees plus in the desert :smile:

It is a criminal waste that in Spore there are cars with very low mileage that need to be scrapped just because they are 10 years old. I have to laugh at people who talk about conservation in Spore because there is so much waster here.