• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Donald Trump Wants To Check Chink Visitors' Facebook and Twitter!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Trump proposes including Chinese visitors in social media checks
By JOSH GERSTEIN 02/17/17 02:41 PM EST
The Trump administration is moving to expand social media checks to cover Chinese citizens traveling to the U.S.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials are proposing to ask Chinese visitors to disclose their social media "handles" or other identifiers on common social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. The question would be asked online as part of an electronic system Chinese holders of long-term U.S. business and visitor visas use to advise of upcoming travel.

Answering the question would be "optional," CBP said in a notice set for publication Tuesday in the Federal Register. Those who don't wish to answer will have their travel requests processed "without a negative interpretation or inference," the notice said.

The Obama administration rolled out a similar, voluntary, social-media screening effort late last year for travelers eligible to enter the U.S. through the Visa Waiver Program, which includes many European countries and other highly-developed nations.

The move to cover Chinese visitors in the social-media-focused screening comes as Trump administration officials are publicly discussing far more intrusive steps to vet foreigners seeking to enter the U.S., including asking for social media passwords.

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told a Congressional hearing last week that the administration was considering asking visitors from some countries to turn over those codes as part of an attempt to screen out potential terrorists.

"If they come in, we want to say, what websites do they visit, and give us your passwords. So, we can see what they do on the internet," Kelly said.

Online privacy advocates and technology firms are deeply wary of the security and privacy implications of that idea. Some activists are concerned that expanding the current social-media collection effort is the Trump administration's first formal step in that direction.

"This is the first concrete proposal that we've seen" under Trump, said Emma Llanso of the Center for Democracy and Technology.

Llanso warned that U.S. requests or demands for social media profiles will almost certainly lead to similar demands from other countries.

"So many countries around the world grant visas or visa waiver on a reciprocity basis, if the U.S. starts demanding greater information from different countries or different groups of travelers, we should not be surprised at all if other governments do the same thing," Llanso said.

It's unclear how helpful the information the U.S. receives through social-media screening is. Obviously, people looking to hide something could decline to provide their social media handles or "forget" to list one of them. The query alone could also prompt some individuals to scrub their profiles or change privacy settings to hide them. U.S. surveillance systems could potentially penetrate such protections, but the new notice says CBP officers will review postings "consistent with the privacy settings the applicant has chosen to adopt."

The initial iteration of the program to collect social media handles asked travelers about profiles on sites like Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. However, residents of China tend to use other social media platforms, in part because U.S. sites are often blocked by the Chinese Government.

Asked if Chinese travelers would be given choices of social media sites they most frequently used, CBP spokeswoman Jennifer Evanitsky said; "A decision hasn’t been made on which platforms will be on the drop down, but travelers can submit any platform they want."

"The collection of social media identifiers will not be used to prevent travel based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation," Evanitsky said. " The social media provider will not be asked to violate any privacy settings or policies."

The notice to be published Tuesday sets off a 60-day comment period. Llanso said her organization plans to object to the data collection as it did previously.

Josh Gerstein is a senior reporter for POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...e-visitors-social-media-check-235146?cmpid=sf

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What a stupid idea. I have 5 social media identities. The real one contains no incriminating evidence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a stupid idea. I have 5 social media identities. The real one contains no incriminating evidence.

this doesnt concern you,only chinks,why do you care?ur a burmese.

between it doesnt matter how many social media identities u have,facebook and mark zuckerburg knows everything about you and who you are,every incriminating and embarassing thing you did since u were 9 years old,there is no escape.which is why i do not use facebook or twitter.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
this doesnt concern you,only chinks,why do you care?ur a burmese.

between it doesnt matter how many social media identities u have,facebook and mark zuckerburg knows everything about you and who you are,every incriminating and embarassing thing you did since u were 9 years old,there is no escape.which is why i do not use facebook or twitter.

They will find nothing on me.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not even know..if I am real..ha ha ha ha..I never had a twitter account, instagram...& do not see the need to have a constant fixation on social media...

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

no worry lah.
Trump wanted to know what colour and type of underwear
chinks are wearing.
what are their favourite food , what they buy ......
more importantly , he wanted to know do chinks do business with
a sinkie called JohnTan a well known muslim frenetic.

don't play play Trump do read sammyboy.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The history of shameful America as drug trafficker at China door step will come up soon.

Under Trump he will apologise to China and Chinese of the opium trade at China door step.