• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP town councils to raise service and conservancy charges from Jun 1

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: From Jun 1, all 15 town councils run by the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) will raise their service and conservancy charges (S&CC) for flats, shops and offices, as well as market and cooked food stalls.

The adjustments are necessary for the town councils to keep up with the rising costs associated with maintaining estates, the town councils said in a press release issued on Friday (Feb 17).

To help residents cushion the impact of the changes, the S&CC increase will be phased over two years. The first tier increase takes effect on Jun 1 and ranges from S$0.50 to S$9 a month, depending on the flat type.

The second tier increase, with effect from Jun 1 next year, ranges from S$0.50 to S$8 a month, depending on flat type.

For commercial property owners and tenants, the first increase will range from S$0.09 to S$0.27 per sq m a month, while the increase for market and food stalls is between S$2.70 and S$23.00 per month. The second increase next year will be between S$0.05 to S$0.21 per sq m a month for commercial property owners and tenants, and between S$2.50 and S$17.50 a month for market and food stalls.

“The adjustments will enable the town councils to build up their sinking funds to replace old lifts, undertake essential cyclical maintenance and component replacements, and carry out the Lift Enhancement Programme. Expenditure requirements in these areas are significant and will continue to grow as our estates get older,” the statement said.

Previous Budgets have included S&CC rebates. Last year, between one and three months' of S&CC rebates worth S$86 million were handed out to about 840,000 households. In Budget 2015, S$85 million of S&CC rebates were given and S$80 million of rebates were given in 2014

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The adjustments are necessary for the town councils to keep up with the rising costs associated with maintaining estates, the town councils said in a press release issued on Friday (Feb 17).

whenever scums want to increase price and fee , the repeated and stale reason given is always due to rising costs.
yet yearly , these robber TCs managed to add more millions in the accounts.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking forward to all these increases. Double whammy, this June increase and another increase again from June 2018. If no increase then I worry.

Where is ckmpd? She will always boast that she has the solutions to run the town councils cheaper. Come on, it's no better time than now to prove to your fellow Sinkies your prowess.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP = People Always Pay

Water, gas, petrol, electricity, conservancy fees, Sin to JB toll, .... up, up, up ..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP = People Always Pay

Water, gas, petrol, electricity, conservancy fees, Sin to JB toll, .... up, up, up ..

Up!, Up! & away....... Minister' Salaries , President's salary & the entire cronies system salaries...will go UP SOON. Another election...same old story.....eat "poison candies"....Stinkerporeans are sure very hardy people...

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid sinkies voted for ass screwing.. When I see a sinkie, I will ask them if their ass is painful or not..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fucking whiners! You want the town council staff, management and MP to be reduced to wearing gunny sacks?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Altogether now!!! Super duper loud loud!!! Huat ah!!!

When is GST going to be raised ah? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking whiners! You want the town council staff, management and MP to be reduced to wearing gunny sacks?

The only people that will be wearing clothing made from gunny sack & many, will wear sack cloths, throw ashes over their shoulders & wail...will be the residents who have to pay the increased in conservancy fees. Those who benefit, will the TC staff etc...the lawyers, the State Courts & those working there...these people will be wearing Branded Clothing's...:p

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid.
my coat of paint for my current block look decently fresh.
now they want to repaint the entire few blocks again and again.
nb

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, GDP up, export up, consumer confidence up, tourist up, tourist spending up, FT job up. 2017 looks like a good year, of course fees must also go up, right (if you believe what those statistics)?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid.
my coat of paint for my current block look decently fresh.
now they want to repaint the entire few blocks again and again.
nb

think about it. if you wish to becum sinkie billionaire like nippon paint founder you can start your own paint company, kiss arse with pap town councils, and underbid the paint incumbent supplier.