• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious techie question: would you put your personal data on cloud or external hard disk?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have come across pple who put theri personla data on cloud and some on external hard disk, which one will you choose to back up your data?:confused:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Why would anyone put biodata on the Internet on a cloud server or external hard drives is beyond me. You mean it's that difficult to remember everything about yourself?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Thank you for the clarifications. Random data like documents and photos etc are best kept on paper and celluloid respectively. You need plenty of data storage space, cloud storage would be my choice, but nothing personal should be kept and/or revealed online.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depending on how important the data is you might want consider having several backups because storage is quite cheap. A 2TB external HDD costs only $150 or burn them onto DVDs.

If you have photos you may also want a scanned copy because I have older family photos that have faded because of age. Burn them onto DVDs & make fresh copies every few years because DVDs do rot over time.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually, my point is, look at iphone, you can backup your contacts and all data on their server. it just like are you comfortable with handing your house keys to your neighbour when you going for a long holiday?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I try to remember the phone numbers of my family and friends. If I can't remember the number, too bad.
That's the reason why I keep to a small number of friends :o:o:o