• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat After 50 yrs, kangaroo court fake legal system still cannot produce 1 QC, Brunei has

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: After 50 yrs, kangaroo court fake legal system still cannot produce 1 QC, Brunei

Not wrong to say this but making it sound as if its Singapore's achievement. :oIo: :oIo: :oIo: law society

I disagree! It is actually wrong and misleading to say that Dr Colin Ong is the "first Singapore lawyer" to be appointed a Queen's Counsel in the United Kingdom. When one says "first Singapore lawyer" the necessary implication is that he is a Singaporean whereas Dr Ong is a Bruneian called to the Bar in 3 jurisdictions. It sounds so self-serving and also jumping on the bandwagon to claim him as our own.To say "The Singapore Bar is proud of his unique achievement" is fine though as he also practises law here! Just my 2 cents' worth!:wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: After 50 yrs, kangaroo court fake legal system still cannot produce 1 QC, Brunei

I disagree! It is actually wrong and misleading to say that Dr Colin Ong is the "first Singapore lawyer" to be appointed a Queen's Counsel in the United Kingdom. When one says "first Singapore lawyer" the necessary implication is that he is a Singaporean whereas Dr Ong is a Bruneian called to the Bar in 3 jurisdictions. It sounds so self-serving and also jumping on the bandwagon to claim him as our own.To say "The Singapore Bar is proud of his unique achievement" is fine though as he also practises law here! Just my 2 cents' worth!:wink:

They also
claim they helped Joseph Schooling get his gold medal. This is SOP for PAP. When good things happen, claim it. when bad things happen, deny it.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They also
claim they helped Joseph Schooling get his gold medal. This is SOP for PAP. When good things happen, claim it. when bad things happen, deny it.

I agree. 30% of Singaporeans know that. The other 70% remain ever so approving! Reminds me also of the so-called national consensus where 7 out of 10 wanted Founders' memorial (read LKY statue) to be in the Marina Bay Gardens. How convenient!