• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Low-Caste Lift Technicians To Receive Caste Promotion Due To Huge Manpower Shortage

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - A new committee will look at higher wages and better career progression for lift technicians, in a bid to attract more people to join the industry.

Senior Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee said on Monday (Feb 13) that the Lift and Escalator Sectoral Tripartite Committee, comprising leaders from the public and private sectors, industry associations and trade unions, will help to develop a "training framework to increase the capacity and competency of the sector".

The committee will make their recommendations by the end of the year, he added.

Mr Lee was speaking to 108 Institute of Technical Education scholarship recipients and their families on Monday.

At the ceremony, 14 parties from the government, unions and private sector, also signed a memorandum of understanding to help attract locals to join the sector, by supporting scholarship and sponsorship programmes, job placement programmes and taking part in job fairs.

Call for more technicians to tackle lift problem
s

They also promised to work with industry associations and government agencies to offer attractive jobs, and offer career development and advancement to their staff.

The dearth of lift technicians has come under the spotlight following a spate of lift breakdowns last year.

To cope with this, the Government has rolled out a slew of initiatives: It set up a $450 million Lift Enhancement Programme to modernise lifts over the next 10 years, mandated that town councils set aside 14 per cent of their income for a Lift Replacement Fund, and more recently, issued new grants worth at least $63 million a year for them to tap on.

But industry experts also pointed to the insufficient number of staff - only 2,000 - needed to maintain the 63,000 lifts and 6,000 escalators here as a reason for the breakdowns.

The Building Construction Authority is aiming for 1,000 more technicians to supplement the force over the next three years.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...roposed-in-bid-to-train-more-lift-technicians

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Low-Caste Lift Technicians To Receive Caste Promotion Due To Huge Manpower Shorta

PAP problem solving skill is reactive instead of proactive.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Low-Caste Lift Technicians To Receive Caste Promotion Due To Huge Manpower Shorta

ITE scholarship to become high caste lift technicians?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

+$50 year end bonus for top performer

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP has allowed unqualified and unskilled foreigners to work as lift technicians and mechanics and messed up the industry. Lifts and mrt are all messed up under the PAP. Buildings are also at risk

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP has allowed unqualified and unskilled foreigners to work as lift technicians and mechanics and messed up the industry. Lifts and mrt are all messed up under the PAP. Buildings are also at risk

PAP offsprings will get retribution, their sons and daughters will be raped by the pets they imported in, rape until got STD and pregnant, pussy stained with curry smell.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP offsprings will get retribution, their sons and daughters will be raped by the pets they imported in, rape until got STD and pregnant, pussy stained with curry smell.

I believe that "Karma is a Bitch", so I agree with you that those who sow evil will reap evil

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I believe that "Karma is a Bitch", so I agree with you that those who sow evil will reap evil

Is that why Ah Gong and his keling sidekick both lived into their 90s, with successful political careers, large families and died rich?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is that why Ah Gong and his keling sidekick both lived into their 90s, with successful political careers, large families and died rich?

having long life, having big family and dying rich are not the hallmarks of living a right life

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP messed up MRT and now needs 1000s of MRT engineers.

Now PAP messed up lift installation and maintenance and now SG needs 1000 lift personnel.

Soon PAP will realise that the mess up in building, construction, IT, finance, healthcare and we will need many more qualified people.

SG is in a mess

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

having long life, having big family and dying rich are not the hallmarks of living a right life

Then what is?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP messed up MRT and now needs 1000s of MRT engineers.

Now PAP messed up lift installation and maintenance and now SG needs 1000 lift personnel.

Soon PAP will realise that the mess up in building, construction, IT, finance, healthcare and we will need many more qualified people.

SG is in a mess

Every sector is messed up by all the unqualified cheap labour slaves they imported from third world shitholes like Failipines and Shitdia.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then what is?

You will not agree with me if I tell you as you are full of the world and full of materialism just like the pap. So why ask?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every sector is messed up by all the unqualified cheap labour slaves they imported from third world shitholes like Failipines and Shitdia.

Yes, to let in unqualified and unskilled cheap trash will destroy SG. My prediction is our buildings will face problems in the near future because the builders are not qualified nor skilled.

PAP has messed up many things. IT, banking, healthcare are all vulnerable areas to watch

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You will not agree with me if I tell you as you are full of the world and full of materialism just like the pap. So why ask?

I am healthy, earn well, eat well, live well, fuck well, have smart and successful kids. My life is full.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am healthy, earn well, eat well, live well, fuck well, have smart and successful kids. My life is full.

good for you. if u think that's all, just go ahead and continue to do what you do