• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NLB Traitors name new gallery Syonan, after Japanese Occupier's WW2 name for S'pore

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NLB Traitors name new gallery Syonan, after Japanese Occupier's WW2 name for S'po

What nlb did was no different from indonesia naming their frigates after the 2 bombers.

And now they are coming out with stupid excuses for what it seems as honoring the Japanese occupation and atrocities.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NLB Traitors name new gallery Syonan, after Japanese Occupier's WW2 name for S'po

Its just the same as "i dont know...public choose the name. Not me"

Even a blind man can tell that using syonan gallery dont sound right.

Sigh...we are really doomed....

我爸是李肛=Ass Loong

Alfrescian
Loyal

39d4112c1507b446aefaf75dede4c8a2.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies goverment even cohort with angmoh to forget they were monopoly of opium drug trade in Singapore and the Strait Settlement.

Why British empire is so powerful that their crime against humanity in Asia are not inclusive in their history.

Building a modern Singapore using drug money is acceptable and criminal history is forgiven and forgotten?

OMG! Sinkies are so coward and cheapskate bastards.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkies goverment even cohort with angmoh to forget they were monopoly of opium drug trade in Singapore and the Strait Settlement.

Why British empire is so powerful that their crime against humanity in Asia are not inclusive in their history.

Building a modern Singapore using drug money is acceptable and criminal history is forgiven and forgotten?

OMG! Sinkies are so coward and cheapskate bastards.

aiyah. most powerful lapdog of the british colonial power in penang was a chink thug. he was appointed top opium lord in penang and allowed to subjugate all chinks under his "protection" and extortion tactics. his mansion still sits near the hawker center in ghetto penang. at the bottom of the oppression and food chain must blame the chinks for destroying their own kind.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Even the name "Japanese Occupation Museum" would have been much better in terms of a neutral and factual tone.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The CEO and PAP mouthpiece of NLB Elaine Ng is paid almost $500K a year. I cannot believe the taxpayers and citizens fo singapore are pumping $182 million a year into this piece of shit Stat Board.

National_Library_Board_%28Singapore%29_%28logo%29.png

Formed
1 September 1995
Preceding agency
  • National Library

JurisdictionGovernment of Singapore
Annual budget$182 million SGD (2010)
Agency executives
  • Chan Heng Kee, Chairman
  • Elaine Ng, Chief Executive

Parent agencyMinistry of Communications and Information
Websitewww.nlb.gov.sg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Chairman of NLB is the bitch known as Elaine Ng, wife of ret. BG Chief of Air Force Ng Chee Khern. And sister in law to Ng Chee Meng. SHe used to work as a researcher in MINDEF. But her husband's rising star guaranteed her higher positions in life, including the chair of NLB, a post for whom she is completely unqualified.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

[h=1]Police investigating possible wrongdoings related to procurement at NLB[/h]
national-library-1.jpg

National Library (Photo: Marcus Mark Ramos)

SINGAPORE: The police are investigating possible wrongdoings in relation to procurement at the National Library Board (NLB) after the Auditor-General’s Office (AGO) flagged lapses its latest annual report.
The Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) referred the matter to the police for further investigations, at the AGO’s recommendation.
Details of the case were sketchy, amid the police investigation. The report, released on Wednesday (Jul 15), which covers the 2014/15 financial year, found that NLB had weak controls in its procurement of electronic resources, after spending about S$7.3 million in FY2012/13 to acquire and maintain its e-resources collection.
For instance, the AGO noted that NLB had procured electronic resources directly from specific vendors without any evidence of having considered other e-resources of similar nature, and did not have a robust system to verify vendors were sole distributors.
NLB said it acquired all its e-resources directly from various vendors because they were sole distributors, and standard operating procedures required its officers to confirm this with the e-resource owners. However, it found that 13 out of 29 procurement cases relied on scanned copies of letters from vendors, who have vested interests in the procurements.
“By procuring the e-resources without going through a proper process of sourcing, selection, evaluation and justification, NLB may not have availed itself of the best offer from the market and may be subject to allegations of bias, unfair and inappropriate procurement practices,” AGO said in the report.
The AGO said it found indications that the control weaknesses could have been “exploited and there were possible wrongdoings in relation to procurement of certain e-resources”. “Following AGO’s recommendation, the Ministry of Communications and Information has referred the matter to the police for further investigations,” it said in the report.
Overall, the AGO report highlighted four areas of improvement. First in the administration of grants, public agencies like the National Research Foundation and Singapore Workforce Development Agency had failed to ensure the correct amount of grants are disbursed and conditions of grants were adhered to.
There were also several instances of lapses in tendering and management of revenue contracts, and poor management of contract variations, which raised concerns of whether principles of open and fair competition, and transparency had been upheld, noted the AGO.
Audit observations also revealed issues with related party transactions. In some cases, related parties were effectively given hidden subsidies as they were not charged or not charged below market rate for goods and services provided by public agencies, the AGO said.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

my grand uncle was taken away and executed by the jap, my grandma hated the jap to the core. till now, the jap being cruel race still in denial mode.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

my grand uncle was taken away and executed by the jap, my grandma hated the jap to the core. till now, the jap being cruel race still in denial mode.

Apparently, the PAP and this bitch Elaine Ng is also in denial mode.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was yr uncle a opium addicts.

The Jap claimed to free Singapore from drug trafficker British empire.

Some opium addicts head need to be chopped to get rid of British empire monoploy in opium drug trade.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Apparently, the PAP and this bitch Elaine Ng is also in denial mode.

women being women tend to like the chauvinistic japanese men and they willing to spread their legs for the nihon.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was yr uncle a opium addicts.

The Jap claimed to free Singapore from drug trafficker British empire.

Some opium addicts head need to be chopped to get rid of British empire monoploy in opium drug trade.

i am not sure or more likely not cos' he was anti-jap and fighting them.

salim

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is indeed shocking, to say the least.
An ultimate betrayal to the memories of Sook Ching victims.
Those responsible should resign.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem with the name is they did it so straight faced and matter of factly like they truly meant it that's why it's so facepalmly stupid .if they added a bit of irony and dry humour to the end it would be better.

Like "Syonan-to Daisuke" museum "I love Syonan-to. Or "Syonan-to Daijobu museum "Syonan-to's alright(fine with me" or "Syonan-to Ichiban" "Syonan-to is the best!!!!" Museum.

I would gladly visit the library every week and view pictures of decapitated chinks and chink rape.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

They could easily bank on the collective wisdom of our band of brothers here in SBF and I'm sure we can churn out pretty decent names, can't we?

If they asked me and for a $1 million fee I would hv renamed it syonan arts institute SAI.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If they asked me and for a $1 million fee I would hv renamed it syonan arts institute SAI.

I think "World War 2 memorial museum" would suffice. Are they trying to kiss Japanese ass now, after having pissed off the Chinese and US?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I accept the name if they have comfort women as live exhibits.