• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NLB Traitors name new gallery Syonan, after Japanese Occupier's WW2 name for S'pore

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: NLB Traitors name new gallery Syonan, after Japanese Occupier's WW2 name for S'po

I accept the name if they have comfort women as live exhibits.

I accept the name if they have a section devoted to traitors who collaborated
with the Japs like Nathan and Old Fart.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NLB Traitors name new gallery Syonan, after Japanese Occupier's WW2 name for S'po

They could easily bank on the collective wisdom of our band of brothers here in SBF and I'm sure we can churn out pretty decent names, can't we?

Agreed. With the exception of a few, I find you lot erudite.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I accept the name if they have a section devoted to traitors who collaborated
with the Japs like Nathan and Old Fart.

I hope they do. It would be an inspiration to so many sinkies that jap collaborators will do well in life while anti-jap resistance fighters ended up either dead or losers.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Agreed. With the exception of a few, I find you lot erudite.

With much gratitude and I'm humbled. I was checking with some kiddos around my area, they too didn't have a clue what Syonan meant, they jokingly added they knew what Syo Kan was...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Heard the Syokan Gallery is open, who's interested to provide FR?

My apologies: only open to public tomorrow...

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could have named it after Lim Bo Seng, Lt Adnan , Lim Boon Keng, ect2 .

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why not Utama or Temenggong or Farquhar Museum? Or East India Museum? No creativety.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mean the french going to name their museum " Nazis " ....to remind them the hurtful memories under the Nazis regime??

Logic???

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mean the french going to name their museum " Nazis " ....to remind them the hurtful memories under the Nazis regime??

Logic???

It was a pretty good name for an occupied territory. Clearly the Japanese have put much thought in it. Sinkies should be honoured their occupiers paid so much attention renaming this piece of rock. :cool:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Could have named it after Lim Bo Seng, Lt Adnan , Lim Boon Keng, ect2 .

Doubt there would be any changes to the name for now. Pinky seemed pleased after his visit to the Ford Factory today.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's forgive but not forget.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Doubt there would be any changes to the name for now. Pinky seemed pleased after his visit to the Ford Factory today.

I'm more than happy to eat my words this time! Common sense actually prevailed! Muahahahahaa...

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bluntly put it "Showa-Singapura 1942-45" museum!