• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Urge Singaporean to take grab car and uber only, boycott taxi

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://leongszehian.com/?p=3315

How much profits should social enterprises make? (Part 2)

Quarrel between transport correspondent and Comfort CEO?

After writing “How much profits should social enterprises make?” (Mar 7), I vaguely remember some controversy about a decade ago, about a newspaper transport correspondent being barred from a company’s functions and all contact with him, because he had written an article about the pay of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) being more than a million dollars.

Comfort CEO’s pay was $1.43m?

So, I went to the National Library to search the newspaper archives, and would like to reproduce the following newspaper forum letter on the issue, which may be an interesting read for you:-

“Who is being personal here?

4 October 2002
Straits Times
[by]LEONG SZE HIAN
I REFER to Comfort’s boycott of Business Times journalist Christopher Tan because of his reporting of Comfort managing director Goh Chee Wee receiving $1.43 million in remuneration last year.

Comfort is a publicly-listed company, and Mr Tan was merely reporting on information available in its annual report.

It is in the interest of the investing public, Comfort’s shareholders, taxi drivers, employees, and so on, for such information to be highlighted in the media.

In an e-mail to his managers dated Sept 16, Mr Goh wrote: ‘Christopher Tan of Business Times has made a personal and vicious attack against me in his articles.’

If Mr Goh feels that he has been libelled, he should seek legal redress for defamation.

By barring Mr Tan from all functions of, and contact with, the Comfort group, I think it is Mr Goh who is making a personal attack on Mr Tan.

Are we sending a message to Singaporeans that ifone writes on a sensitive issue, one would be taken to task?

Perhaps the media should boycott Mr Goh and the Comfort group instead.

I, for one, will not be taking any Comfort taxi, until Mr Goh gives an apology to Mr Tan.

I think he deserves one.”

How much do social enterprise CEOs get paid?

If the question raised in 2002 was whether a business that was originally founded as a social enterprise paying its CEO $1.43 million a year was excessive, perhaps the obvious question now, may be to ask how much the CEOs of the 12 NTUC social enterprises are paid today?

From social enterprise to now?

Comfort Group merged with DelGro Corporation to form ComfortDelgro on 29 March 2003.

The Comfort Group had its beginnings in 1970 as the NTUC Comfort taxi cooperative. NTUC Comfort was corporatised and subsequently listed as Comfort Group Ltd on the Singapore Stock Exchange in 1994.

Should public transport be privatised for profit?

Since ComfortDelgro owns 75 per cent of SBS Transit which runs part of the MRT system and has the largest bus network, how different would the public transport landscape in Singapore be, if Comfort had remained as a social enterprise?

Leong Sze Hian

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real reason for unfair regulations towards grab and uber :

Screenshot%2B-%2B25_4_2016%2B%252C%2B10_59_28%2BAM.jpg

Screenshot%2B-%2B25_4_2016%2B%252C%2B10_57_24%2BAM.jpg

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
The power of boycotting, it can change the wrong to right.

http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2007/12/is-it-a-return.html

"I talked with a taxi uncle who has been driving a cab since 1982. Yeo Ning Hong was the Minister for Transport & communications then.

In 1984 the flag down fare increased from $1.20 to $2.00. He recalled that after $4.60 the meter started running very fast. A trip from Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 to Jurong Pier Rd cost $29.00. A trip from Changi airport to chinatown cost $21.00. The meters started running too fast after $4.60, that passengers asked the drivers to reset the meter before it reached $4.60. A trip from Toa Payoh to Jurong West St 42, the driver has to reset the meter 6 times. A trip from Chinatown to Tampines, the meter has to be reset 5 times.

Nobody took taxi, the taxi queue at Changi airport stretched down to Marine Parade then. Traffic Police tried to disperse them but more drivers kept joining the queue. Yesterday, it already stretched till PIE Changi South exit, there was also a long queue at Orchard Towers, and the riot squad was called to disperse the taxi drivers.

After 3 months cabbies started returning taxis and there was a chaos at Sin Ming. The roads were jammed, the workshops there complained but the traffic police helpless.

Then after, NTUC Comfort revised its rates downwards, the flag down fare was $1.60 and the meter run was normal.

There is a possibility that would happen again."

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The power of boycotting, it can change the wrong to right.

http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2007/12/is-it-a-return.html

"I talked with a taxi uncle who has been driving a cab since 1982. Yeo Ning Hong was the Minister for Transport & communications then.

In 1984 the flag down fare increased from $1.20 to $2.00. He recalled that after $4.60 the meter started running very fast. A trip from Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 to Jurong Pier Rd cost $29.00. A trip from Changi airport to chinatown cost $21.00. The meters started running too fast after $4.60, that passengers asked the drivers to reset the meter before it reached $4.60. A trip from Toa Payoh to Jurong West St 42, the driver has to reset the meter 6 times. A trip from Chinatown to Tampines, the meter has to be reset 5 times.

Nobody took taxi, the taxi queue at Changi airport stretched down to Marine Parade then. Traffic Police tried to disperse them but more drivers kept joining the queue. Yesterday, it already stretched till PIE Changi South exit, there was also a long queue at Orchard Towers, and the riot squad was called to disperse the taxi drivers.

After 3 months cabbies started returning taxis and there was a chaos at Sin Ming. The roads were jammed, the workshops there complained but the traffic police helpless.

Then after, NTUC Comfort revised its rates downwards, the flag down fare was $1.60 and the meter run was normal.

There is a possibility that would happen again."

Hahaha I remembered those days.
Then every cabby and supporter called for boycott of Yeo Hiap Seng drinks and products.
It got so bad Until YHS had to call a press conference and announced they weren't related to Yeo Ning Hong hahaha. Imagine even fellow Yeo clan wants to disassociate with vile pappy.
Yeo Ning Hong wasn't sacked for fucking it up though in typical pap fashion. Though in later years he met his Waterloo in Whore Jinx

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From 1Medini Hub to Aeon Bukit Indah is only SGD 4 max by your personal Uber chaffeur, who you can summon to the Indian Kitchen @ 1Medini Hub after you finished the all you can eat buffet for the grand sum of MYR 26.82 i.e. about SGD 8.60 ........... no need to go to the temple ONLY to eat :rolleyes:

Who says in Malaysia must have car! No need lah! Must be smart and have smartphone :smile:

Go to Aeon Bukit Indah top floor and eat the tauhu bakar .......... mmmmmm heavenly ................ the sauce is inside the tauhu and the tauhu is super crispy ......... two large pieces for the grand sum of MYR 6.00 .............

http://uberestimator.com/route/H1KXhxQtg

[video=youtube;0gflEqIf-jA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gflEqIf-jA[/video]

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
From 1Medini Hub to Aeon Bukit Indah is only SGD 4 max by your personal Uber chaffeur, who you can summon to the Indian Kitchen @ 1Medini Hub after you finished the all you can eat buffet for the grand sum of MYR 26.82 i.e. about SGD 8.60 ........... no need to go to the temple ONLY to eat :rolleyes:

Who says in Malaysia must have car! No need lah! Must be smart and have smartphone :smile:

Go to Aeon Bukit Indah top floor and eat the tauhu bakar .......... mmmmmm heavenly ................ the sauce is inside the tauhu and the tauhu is super crispy ......... two large pieces for the grand sum of MYR 6.00 .............

http://uberestimator.com/route/H1KXhxQtg

[video=youtube;0gflEqIf-jA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gflEqIf-jA[/video]

What the fuck does this has to do with boycotting comfort taxi???

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxis are driven by Singaporeans. Most Grab and Uber are also driven by Singaporeans, but PR drivers too.

It is about the PAP govt trying to protect the interest of their own business , comfort taxi. in the expense of the people. creating inconveniences and unnecessary restriction to the people.

That is the whole gist of boycotting.

It is not about who is the nationality of drivers.

PAP low life, like you, trying to use nationalities of drivers to sway the whole gist of the calling of boycotting of comfort taxi.

PAP are scare of the boycott. it will happen. go fuck yourself.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
comfort behave like gahment, they give a bit, take back a lot. sinkies gong gong let them rip you off.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
comfort behave like gahment, they give a bit, take back a lot. sinkies gong gong let them rip you off.

Exactly.. Comfort taxi IS the govt.

And those low life PAP losers like to play nationality games and insult the intelligence of the people. Pathetic piece of shit.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly suspect that you are FT PR driving Grab / Uber.

Taxi cabbies are ALL Singaporean Citizens. Grab / Uber are mostly FT PRs or ex-cabbies fired by Taxi Companies - either their TDVL advocated by LTA usually due to high offense demerit points (over-charging, cheating fare, reject passengers, fighting passengers), or Taxi firms caught them too many times (dirty vehicles; canceled bookings, wearing slippers, wearing shorts, wearing no sleeve T-shirts, high accident records), or they frequently owes Taxi rentals - delay payments, USUALLY IR Gamblers)

I know ex-taxi drivers driving Uber after they made Multiple BIG ROAD ACCIDENTS can not afford to pay up insurance excess to taxi firms, and some owes multiple taxi firms monies (owe Comfort $2K owe SMRT $1.6K owe Permier $800 owe Transcab $1.1K) thus no more taxi firms willing to let him drive. One of the worst drivers injured 2 passenger of his own taxi plus driver of another taxi (hit by him) and 4 passengers of that taxi - this guy now driving Uber & Grab and he kept telling taxi drivers to boycott taxi firms and go drive Uber / Grab.

Uber / Grab earns much lower fares per km only $0.5 per km and no peak hour no mid night plus Uber deduct their commissions @20%. You end up got $0.4 per km only. Taxis gets $0.65 onwards, plus peak hours plus midnight plus CBD plus airport fees.

Dun be stupid. Take grabcar uber driven by Malaysians and other foreigners? No thanks tonychat! :rolleyes:

License is to protect the consumers

https://www.grab.com/sg/drive-with-grab-using-your-own-car/

What are the minimum requirements to drive with Grab?

At least 21 years of age
Singaporean / PR
Minimum 2 years driving experience
Own a 4-door car

I would know, the grab driver who ferried me last Sat was clearly an ah-neh ah neh and not a local one.

Grab n uber are driven by PRs

Taxis are driven by Singaporeans. Most Grab and Uber are also driven by Singaporeans, but PR drivers too.

The above are the PAP low life who uses nationality to sway away the gist of the comfort taxi boycott.. Look at how similar they are.

not local lah.. Pr lah.. foreigners lah.. never ever talk about the PAP who set up unjust regulation against grab and uber, to protect their own business interest which is comfort taxi.

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today a few of my friends has call up grab car for their travel, all of them agree to boycott comfort taxi.

Spread to more people and take up the boycott.