• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Urge Singaporean to take grab car and uber only, boycott taxi

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.grab.com/sg/drive-with-grab-using-your-own-car/

What are the minimum requirements to drive with Grab?

At least 21 years of age
Singaporean / PR
Minimum 2 years driving experience
Own a 4-door car

I would know, the grab driver who ferried me last Sat was clearly an ah-neh ah neh and not a local one.

Your last sat experience equate to ALL the uber/grab driver's nationalities?? Are you trying to accuse that uber /grab drivers are all foreigners?

If you are so hard up on foreigners , why the fuck you didn't ask yourself who allow those foreigners to enter so easily

and why is uber/grab driver is linked to foreigners argument? PAP low life loves to use it as a yardstick for argument.

The whole rules and regulation towards uber/grab is due to PAP incompetence in running a taxi business due to creative competitions who are up to the times . Pls take note of who to target.

The PAP is trying to curb the raising grab/uber business because they cannot compete with them using unfair and unjust regulations. Focus on this battle.

what foreigners/ local bullshit. Why sinkies have such low IQ???? pls go and do some personal gene analysis to find out the cause of your low IQ.

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
License is to protect the consumers

oh pls, give me a fucking break..

another low IQ bullshit and "insult-the-intelligence-of-the-people" statement.

how about i punch your fucking face so as to give business to the hospital

and i do that daily so the hospital has daily business because the hospital is not making money for sometime.

why sinkes are so stupid???

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your last sat experience equate to ALL the uber/grab driver's nationalities?? Are you trying to accuse that uber /grab drivers are all foreigners?

If you are so hard up on foreigners , why the fuck you didn't ask yourself who allow those foreigners to enter so easily

and why is uber/grab driver is linked to foreigners argument? PAP low life loves to use it as a yardstick for argument.

The whole rules and regulation towards uber/grab is due to PAP incompetence in running a taxi business due to creative competitions who are up to the times . Pls take note of who to target.

The PAP is trying to curb the raising grab/uber business because they cannot compete with them using unfair and unjust regulations. Focus on this battle.

what foreigners/ local bullshit. Why sinkies have such low IQ???? pls go and do some personal gene analysis to find out the cause of your low IQ.

Take this back Tony and let it go easy, one more question: Why were you at Alexandra technopark last week?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh pls, give me a fucking break..

another low IQ bullshit and "insult-the-intelligence-of-the-people" statement.

how about i punch your fucking face so as to give business to the hospital

and i do that daily so the hospital has daily business because the hospital is not making money for sometime.

why sinkes are so stupid???

Well said.
Classic tony rebuttal
My idol is Still as cool

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take this back Tony and let it go easy, one more question: Why were you at Alexandra technopark last week?

Go fuck yourself...

You are a fucking disgrace of a human being.

Sucking Pap's dick to earn a living.
According to my source, you are a total sinkie who is a good example of a PAP dog.
A fucking disgrace to humanity.

I have already mention in this forum, the nick tonychat including this are shared by a few individuals. The one you called Tony is a person who is recruited by an associate of my buddy who uses this nick as well and I never met some of the people who uses this nick.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Go fuck yourself...

You are a fucking disgrace of a human being.

Sucking Pap's dick to earn a living.
According to my source, you are a total sinkie who is a good example of a PAP dog.
A fucking disgrace to humanity.

I have already mention in this forum, the nick tonychat including this are shared by a few individuals. The one you called Tony is a person who is recruited by an associate of my buddy who uses this nick as well and I never met some of the people who uses this nick.

great fantasy there, so what were u doing there? I was behind you the whole time and you never noticed

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP distraction strategy to sway from the main topic...

Boycott taxi services to protest against the unfair regulations towards uber and grab. To all sensible Singaporeans, boycotting the taxi services is very easy to do.

It is up to you to show your displeasure towards such unfair rulings. If you don't do anything about it.. It will be worse and worse as time goes by..

The PAP will not take care of your needs, they only take care of their profit and businesses.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my money goes to whichever taxi/grab/uber driver who serves me first. that is the spirit of competition.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
my money goes to whichever taxi/grab/uber driver who serves me first. that is the spirit of competition.

We are not talking about competition of taxi service here. We are talking about the unfair and unjust regulations towards grab and uber.. Just so to protect the govt business of comfort taxi.

The way to counter such unjust regulations is to boycott the services of comfort taxi.

Last edited:

AlGhofran

Alfrescian
Loyal

Amazing Tony you're talking through your asshole once again - shared nick? associate? buddy? Right.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
The boycotting of taxi will be a good protest against the govt for its uber/grab unjust regulation.

We will see more empty taxis sitting in their warehouse.

Boycott all the way.. The prefect way for Singaporeans to go against the PAP unjust ruling and regulations.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
TAXI DRIVERS LOVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT GRABCAR BUT REFUSE TO IMPROVE THEIR SERVICE

Really tired of taxi driver who drives Comfort/Citicab etc. nowadays very hard to get a taxi on the road side. They would purposely put 'on call' and drives aimlessly just because they want that extra $2 - $3 booking fees, and everytime you ride on these taxis they keep on complaining they cannot make money etc, if you guys aren't choosy for destinations and greed for that extra booking fee, you could have make enough money.

And now latest the taxi driver I took just now complain about Uber/Grabcar drivers, calling them motherfuckers and it is a company own by American Jews he said, if you support these companies you are supporting these Jews to bomb Palestine ... too much right these drivers, complain non-stop and always so negative.

That is why now I boycott Comfort/Citicab etc. as much as possible, unless no choice. I replied to that uncle Grabcar is better off peak period and cheaper (purposely to make him more angry because he's so rude), and then I add, 'passengers can choose whichever they prefer it is their choice', then I kept quiet the whole ride while this rude uncle complains non-stop.

Fadly
A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/a...in-about-grabcar-refuse-improve-their-service
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://cabby65.blogspot.sg/2015/05/thank-you-uber-grabtaxi-hailo-and.html

This is a post to proof that the govt body is trying to create a scene to pin down chauffeur service by uber and grab. This is not the opinion of fellow taxi driver but a scene created in the media to cry foul against uber and grab.

2015-05-30%2B16.30.10.jpg

I was flabbergasted after reading a news article in yesterday Straits Times with a heading… “Cabbies cry foul over rival drivers”.

In the first place, the news article reported mainly the opinions of a single person, Mr. Ang Hin Kee, who is NOT a cabby but an adviser of the National Taxi Association (NTA) and a Ang Mo Kio GRC, Member of Parliament. Undoubtedly, his views cannot be depictive of Singaporean cabbies in general. To me, he seems more like a spokesman of COMFORT which Temasek has an interest than of Singaporean cabbies.

As a cabby, I would like to share with you my views in respond to his statements.

1. Mr. Ang said “These companies are “creaming off profits” without having to meet the stringent requirements and standards the taxi industry has to meet”.

I shall break this statement into two parts.

Firstly, these “companies” refer to Uber, GrabTaxi, Hailo and EasyTaxi, that are Taxi Booking Apps providers.

I think Mr. Ang is essentially saying that COMFORT is the only taxi operator whose profits from taxi booking is now being "creamed off" by these companies because others taxi operators like Premier, Transcab, SMRT or Prime are not affected as they inherently have very few taxi booking jobs to begin with. Consequently, my heading for the news article would instead be “COMFORT cry foul over transport providers app”.

By the way, how much is COMFORT estimated earning from taxi bookings before competition?.

Assuming each COMFORT taxi driver does an average of 10 booking jobs a day (24 hours) and COMFORT deduct 30 cents per job from their driver. Therefore, COMFORT earns $3 per taxi per day.

COMFORT has the largest fleet of about 16,000 taxis. Assuming 80% of their taxis are active on the road, therefore, COMFORT earns $3 x 12,800 taxis = $38,400 per day. Multiply that with 365 days. Wow! $14 millions annually.

COMFORT is now losing about 25% of booking jobs to these app providers. i.e. about $3.5 million per year. And this lose will surely increase when 3rd party booking apps becomes more popular with commuters. This "threat" is real as COMFORT is now occasionally absorbing the 30 cents surcharge that they previously charge their drivers. In offering this minor incentive, they hope their drivers would concentrate on doing COMFORT call bookings instead of their rivals.

Is COMFORT cabbies earning affected by these companies?

Yes, but in a positive way. The 3rd party taxi booking apps has turned out to be the best things that ever happened to Singaporean cabbies. Opportunities and options to earn more are open to all taxi drivers. Many COMFORT cabbies are using the 3rd party apps to do more booking jobs and earn more especially when these companies enticed them with incentives.

For example, Hailo is now giving an incentive of $160 for FIRST 40 jobs done between 1st.June to 15th June. And another $100 for every 20 jobs after the first 40. In a month, a driver can earn an extra $320 - $500. Other transport app providers are also giving drivers incentives in various forms.

2. Mr. Ang's continuous statements: "It's an issue of a level playing......................thanks goodness, we've not had any major incident”.
(His full statements are in a photo at the end of this post).

Briefly, Mr. Ang is making lame excuses to kill off competitions from Uber and others. His various concerns and issues will soon be comprehensively addressed in LTA new rules and regulations for 3rd party taxis booking app and ride-matching services (LTA press release) .

Now, to be fair to the reporter of this news article, Mr. Christopher Tan, he has pertinently highlighted an impending "tsunami" that will completely change the landscape of the taxi industry here.

The "tsunami" is the new breed of Uber drivers who use their own or rented private cars to ferry paying passengers through call bookings. Soon, Grabtaxi and other transport app providers will also be joining the fray. These innovative apps companies are effectively running a parallel taxi operation, albeit strictly through call booking only. They are not vying with cabbies as they are prohibited to pick-up flagging passengers from the streets.

Undeniably, they help to service "peak-hours or in " COMFORT's cabby-forsaken" landed estates areas like Bukit Timah, where people find it impossible to get taxis. They absolutely improve taxi availability for commuters island wide. Like hotel and travel agents booking app or online purchases portals, they are not parasites that lives on the hospitality of others but modern technological companies that provide a complimentary, convenience and useful service that consumers need.

Nevertheless, licensed cabbies naturally felt their rice bowl are threatened as booking jobs that otherwise goes to them are now taken over by these "un-licensed" drivers. But in reality and practice, there are more booking jobs during rush hours than all drivers could cope. In any case, these "un-licensed" drivers do not compete with them for street flag-down jobs.

Presently, new rules and regulations are not in place yet to address safety and security issues of commuters using these alternative taxi services. Reliability and accountability of these transport app provider are also pending. However, once LTA's all-embracing controls are fully implemented, taxi commuters' confidence and trust in these companies will rocket. And like in a G.E., scare tactics to avoid Uber or others would not work.

In this situation, Uber will creates a foothold in the taxi community after its popularity with customers grows. Taxi operators like COMFORT are very worried because the Uber business model of getting a taxi or ride-matched car via an app is superior to having to call them for one on the phone and wait for it to show up, if it shows up at all.

But taxi drivers are not worried. Why?

Because taxi drivers are hirer of taxis not owner. Therefore, they can easily defect to Uber as their drivers or drives their own car using Uber app, if it makes economic sense to do so or for other reasons. Like room renter who disappear from their units in the middle of the night, the drivers can desert the taxi operator freely. And like the saying goes, "If you can't beat them, join them!".

Please allow me to make a simplistic comparison to check whether it makes economic sense to desert COMFORT to join Uber.

COMFORT Sonata Uber Used Aries
Daily Rental: $106.00 $55.00
Fuel Cost (250km): $30.00 $30.00*
Misc Expenses: $4.00 $ 4.00
Total Cost: $140.00 $89.00
Fare Collection: $230.00 $230.00
Company commission: $00.00 -$ 46.00 (20% of Collection)
Nett Income: $90.00 $95.00**
(* Cheaper fuel from JB.)
(** Exclude Incentives)
If my estimation is accurate, it means a driver can earn more with Uber/GrabCar. Needless to say, a Uber driver could earn much more if he use his own car as the rental cost is not in the equation.

This is a disaster scenario for taxi owners like COMFORT. It is an expensive operation to constantly keep a large fleet of taxis on the streets of Singapore. COMFORT's main source of revenue is what they receive from the rental fees of drivers, so if too many cabs stand empty for too long, COMFORT will not only had their profits "creamed off" but will face bankruptcy.

What does this all mean for the Singaporean cabbies?. It means hallelujah, leverage has arrived at last. It has arrived not through feeble threats of strikes or work stoppages, but through competition for the services of drivers.

Now, for the first time ever, taxi operators will have to give serious consideration to how their actions affect the lives of their drivers. If they are wise, they should think of how to improve the working conditions of their drivers - like reducing the 250 km minimum mileage, high rental, indiscriminate sacking, repair costs and so on.

Hey, COMFORT, do you want your drivers to desert you ?. The days of your authoritarian, arrogant, uncaring and high-handed attitudes towards your drivers need to change. Remember, they are your partners not employees!

How about doing some surveys?

Find out what's really needed and wanted from the drivers.

And then give them some good reasons to stick with you or you prefer to sack them for frivolous reasons despite the fact that many of your drivers had been your royal partners for more than 20 years?.

A relevent quote from Nokia sad demise.

1. The advantage you have yesterday, will be replaced by the trends of tomorrow. You don’t have to do anything wrong, as long as your competitors catch the wave and do it RIGHT, you can lose out and fail.
To change and improve yourself is giving yourself a second chance. To be forced by others to change, is like being discarded.
Those who refuse to learn & improve, will definitely one day become redundant & not relevant to the industry. They will learn the lesson in a hard & expensive way.

By the way, I am mulling to be a Uber-X driver as I prefer to drive less mileage and hours with hopefully a survival income.

2015-05-30%2B16.30.57.jpg