• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Urge Singaporean to take grab car and uber only, boycott taxi

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since govt make a proactive effort to keep their comfort taxi industry going due to profit loss by implementing extra inconvenient rules and regulation for citizens who drive grab car and uber.

i urge Singaporeans not to take all taxis in Singapore and only call out for uber and grab car.... do not even call grab taxi.. Just grab CAR or Uber CAR only

This will teach the sg govt if the people has power or they have the power.

I urge all Singaporeans to boycott taxi including grab TAXI.

The comfort taxi will suffer further when we do not give them business.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been telling people I will not patronise businesses where most of the workers are foreigners (when locals are easily available to do the jobs)-but to no avail.
You need the 70% to change first

Think_PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since govt make a proactive effort to keep their comfort taxi industry going due to profit loss by implementing extra inconvenient rules and regulation for citizens who drive grab car and uber.

i urge Singaporeans not to take all taxis in Singapore and only call out for uber and grab car.... do not even call grab taxi.. Just grab CAR or Uber CAR only

This will teach the sg govt if the people has power or they have the power.

I urge all Singaporeans to boycott taxi including grab TAXI.

The comfort taxi will suffer further when we do not give them business.

I highly suspect that you are FT PR driving Grab / Uber.

Taxi cabbies are ALL Singaporean Citizens. Grab / Uber are mostly FT PRs or ex-cabbies fired by Taxi Companies - either their TDVL advocated by LTA usually due to high offense demerit points (over-charging, cheating fare, reject passengers, fighting passengers), or Taxi firms caught them too many times (dirty vehicles; canceled bookings, wearing slippers, wearing shorts, wearing no sleeve T-shirts, high accident records), or they frequently owes Taxi rentals - delay payments, USUALLY IR Gamblers)

I know ex-taxi drivers driving Uber after they made Multiple BIG ROAD ACCIDENTS can not afford to pay up insurance excess to taxi firms, and some owes multiple taxi firms monies (owe Comfort $2K owe SMRT $1.6K owe Permier $800 owe Transcab $1.1K) thus no more taxi firms willing to let him drive. One of the worst drivers injured 2 passenger of his own taxi plus driver of another taxi (hit by him) and 4 passengers of that taxi - this guy now driving Uber & Grab and he kept telling taxi drivers to boycott taxi firms and go drive Uber / Grab.

Uber / Grab earns much lower fares per km only $0.5 per km and no peak hour no mid night plus Uber deduct their commissions @20%. You end up got $0.4 per km only. Taxis gets $0.65 onwards, plus peak hours plus midnight plus CBD plus airport fees.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The taxi vocation was the last work refugee for Singaporeans. It was an opportunity to rebuild one's life after retrenchment or a business failure. Most of have families to support. It was also protected by the likes of NTUC and the various taxi associations linked to the PAP. I have no doubt that many were also abusing the consumers by their conduct and cabs going MIA during rain and just before surcharges kick in.

But the first family's romance with Silicon valley and Temasek's investment in Grab very quickly paid to all that. It just shows that this country's destiny continues to reside with one family.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The taxi vocation was the last work refugee for Singaporeans. It was an opportunity to rebuild one's life after retrenchment or a business failure. Most of have families to support. It was also protected by the likes of NTUC and the various taxi associations linked to the PAP. I have no doubt that many were also abusing the consumers by their conduct and cabs going MIA during rain and just before surcharges kick in.

But the first family's romance with Silicon valley and Temasek's investment in Grab very quickly put paid to all that. It just shows that this country's destiny continues to reside with one family.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi Drivers deserve no sympathy.
Good to see taxi companies suffer. I say Obigood

During the next peak hour during a thunderstorm when Grabuber starts a triple surge pricing, there would most likely be a cunt frantically calling the traditional taxi hotlines.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
I highly suspect that you are FT PR driving Grab / Uber.

Taxi cabbies are ALL Singaporean Citizens. Grab / Uber are mostly FT PRs or ex-cabbies fired by Taxi Companies - either their TDVL advocated by LTA usually due to high offense demerit points (over-charging, cheating fare, reject passengers, fighting passengers), or Taxi firms caught them too many times (dirty vehicles; canceled bookings, wearing slippers, wearing shorts, wearing no sleeve T-shirts, high accident records), or they frequently owes Taxi rentals - delay payments, USUALLY IR Gamblers)

I know ex-taxi drivers driving Uber after they made Multiple BIG ROAD ACCIDENTS can not afford to pay up insurance excess to taxi firms, and some owes multiple taxi firms monies (owe Comfort $2K owe SMRT $1.6K owe Permier $800 owe Transcab $1.1K) thus no more taxi firms willing to let him drive. One of the worst drivers injured 2 passenger of his own taxi plus driver of another taxi (hit by him) and 4 passengers of that taxi - this guy now driving Uber & Grab and he kept telling taxi drivers to boycott taxi firms and go drive Uber / Grab.

Uber / Grab earns much lower fares per km only $0.5 per km and no peak hour no mid night plus Uber deduct their commissions @20%. You end up got $0.4 per km only. Taxis gets $0.65 onwards, plus peak hours plus midnight plus CBD plus airport fees.

Mr 295 posts since 2009,

why the fuck are you telling me all the numbers and percentage. it sounds like you are a taxi driver.

i am not a driver or any sort. i am a person who see PAP corruption and using laws to benefits their own business which is comfort. Don/t try to assume this and that. it makes you look stupid.

trying to get the sentiments of sinkies by saying grab and uber drivers are FT. Pls lah.. old tricks are outdated. pls go and receive some more education so you brain can work better.

Boycott all taxis.. we will see what the stupid minister can do about i.

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
ng-chee-meng-pap-data.jpg

this is the mother fucker who propose the license and level playing field to their comfort taxi.

army personnel become minister for transport????

Last edited:

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
ddzsh

this is the mother fucker who propose the license and level playing field to their comfort taxi.

army personnel become minister for transport????

i do not agree with u
Ng Chee Meng did a good job to propose the license for Grab and Uber

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i am taxi driver now, i will take a break from driving. spend more time with family or go for holidays or find some part time work. trust me, Uber won't last. let Uber, Grab and mother fucker taxi comfort fight it out, after a couple of years, go back drive with whichever is winner.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at the end of the day,im glad the acceptance of UBER and grab by Ho jinx into Singapore introduced a semblance of competition in the market.....i hate everything the taxi companies represent,lazy greedy monopolistic complacent uncompetitive and self entitled companies especially taxi drivers useless pieces of shit earning sky high money for doing a little work,even during Singapore's Golden Era from 2003 to 2013,when our economy was on a upward trajectory,the population growth was on a parabolic curve,the taxi companies was constantly raising and hiking prices and fares,despite the booming amount of business they were doing,introducing fare hike after hike,surcharge after surcharge until literally 18 hours of the day was covered by surcharges.....i have never once heard a taxi driver sympathise with passengers on how expensive fares were getting........10 to 12 years ago i remember u could take a taxi ride from my house to parkway parade for 5 or 6 bucks,now taxi drivers charges u 16 bucks for 20 minutes of driving and thats 1pm in the afternoon during off peak and dont even ask how much they charge just from going from macpherson to hougang or going home from bukit panjang or woodlands to east coast after midnight......and us consumers had no choice but to take it up the ass because the population growth was far outstriping supply,taxi drivers

now the economy is faltering,population growth has slowed down to a trickle,tons of unoccupied taxis sit in their headquarters,i laugh every night when i see hordes of empty taxis zooming around at 1,2am at night,sometimes 5 or six of them at the traffic light,taxi drivers sleeping in carparks and side lanes because they cant be bothered now to go look for nonexistent customers.....diu lei lou mous.

Last edited:

ramai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycott taxi? Why should I robbed honest and hardworking taxi drivers of their livelihood just to screw with their upper management?

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycott taxi? Why should I robbed honest and hardworking taxi drivers of their livelihood just to screw with their upper management?

That should be the way.. And the direct way.
If sinkies dunno how to change their leader.

If you allow the taxi to follow such ruling, things will get worse. Such unfair ruling will need boycotting to punishing the rule setter.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun be stupid. Take grabcar uber driven by Malaysians and other foreigners? No thanks tonychat! :rolleyes:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun be stupid. Take grabcar uber driven by Malaysians and other foreigners? No thanks tonychat! :rolleyes:

Papib using this tactic of saying ft driving uber and grab? Nice try losers.

Playing nationalists game. And being childish.

Boycott comfort taxi to show the pap that people has the power.. Those comfort drivers can switch to grab and uber to go against the PAP who manipulate the system for their own personal gain..

Remember PAP gain means you lose. They do not serve the people, but only themselves.

Last edited:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
i do not agree with u
Ng Chee Meng did a good job to propose the license for Grab and Uber

I think you can't see beyond your tainted eyeballs, Mr PAP.

Comfort taxi is not making money. The govt has to come in to create inconveniences to uber and grab so as to protect their comfort taxi business. Level playing field means comfort taxi needs to make profit by setting up inconveniences and boundaries on uber and grab.

This motherfucker army personeel turn transport minister , a total yes man, is being ordered to protect the profit of comfort. As being trained in the army to obey order and need to protect his career as a transport minister, he will follow the order to the dot. What is so hard to use a pen to write and rule and use his mouth to intro the rules and regulation. just a minimum effort on his part and he gets to keep his job. There is not much consideration for the common people.

Just because comfort taxi cannot compete with the new creative business, and just because they are too incompetent to run any business. The PAP set up rule and regulation to punish the people due to their incompetence?

keep this attitude going and more people will suffer.

I suggest people to boycott the comfort taxi and urge all comfort taxi driver to switch to private car driving in order to go against such injustice ruling.

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you can't see beyond your tainted eyeballs, Mr PAP.

Comfort taxi is not making money. The govt has to come in to create inconveniences to uber and grab so as to protect their comfort taxi business. Level playing field means comfort taxi needs to make profit by setting up inconveniences and boundaries on uber and grab.

This motherfucker army personeel turn transport minister , a total yes man, is being ordered to protect the profit of comfort. As being trained in the army to obey order and need to protect his career as a transport minister, he will follow the order to the dot. What is so hard to use a pen to write and rule and use his mouth to intro the rules and regulation. just a minimum effort on his part and he gets to keep his job. There is not much consideration for the common people.

Just because comfort taxi cannot compete with the new creative business, and just because they are too incompetent to run any business. The PAP set up rule and regulation to punish the people due to their incompetence?

keep this attitude going and more people will suffer.

I suggest people to boycott the comfort taxi and urge all comfort taxi driver to switch to private car driving in order to go against such injustice ruling.

License is to protect the consumers

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Papib using this tactic of saying ft driving uber and grab? Nice try losers.

Playing nationalists game. And being childish.

Boycott comfort taxi to show the pap that people has the power.. Those comfort drivers can switch to grab and uber to go against the PAP who manipulate the system for their own personal gain..

Remember PAP gain means you lose. They do not serve the people, but only themselves.

https://www.grab.com/sg/drive-with-grab-using-your-own-car/

What are the minimum requirements to drive with Grab?

At least 21 years of age
Singaporean / PR
Minimum 2 years driving experience
Own a 4-door car

I would know, the grab driver who ferried me last Sat was clearly an ah-neh ah neh and not a local one.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi suffer?
Left pocket go right pocket.
Temasek holdings got shares in grab indirectly.
Still our money milked by same holdings.:biggrin:
Banker always win