• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Malaysian vs Singaporean Entrepreneurs

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian chap goes to Harvard and come out with Grab. Singaporean chap goes to Harvard and invent bicycle helmets with turning signals.

1. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rd-turn-rivals-over-ride-hailing-apps-in-asia

2. http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporeans-bicycle-helmet-bags-global-design-prize

These kind of stories are repeated so often that we pretty much know the outcome. The Singapore entrepreneur will always win an award, there will be a patent but the product will not make much of an impact and it will die off.

This is despite we having similar roots.

Take the food industry for example. Singaporean entrepreneur will do something foreign like, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Cinnamon buns etc. Look at the Malaysian guys behind Pappa Rich. Its expanding like crazy and always packed.

http://papparichtarc.blogspot.com.au/p/the-interview-q.html

Everything works like clockwork. Customer using a clear and colourful menu ticks off the order in an order slip including any special request - less hot, no sugar etc, presses a buzzer, waitress picks it up and and returns with a clear bill so there is no misunderstanding. Food then arrives.

No patent required.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian chap goes to Harvard and come out with Grab. Singaporean chap goes to Harvard and invent bicycle helmets with turning signals.

1. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rd-turn-rivals-over-ride-hailing-apps-in-asia

2. http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporeans-bicycle-helmet-bags-global-design-prize

These kind of stories are repeated so often that we pretty much know the outcome. The Singapore entrepreneur will always win an award, there will be a patent but the product will not make much of an impact and it will die off.

This is despite we having similar roots.

Take the food industry for example. Singaporean entrepreneur will do something foreign like, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Cinnamon buns etc. Look at the Malaysian guys behind Pappa Rich. Its expanding like crazy and always packed.

http://papparichtarc.blogspot.com.au/p/the-interview-q.html

Everything works like clockwork. Customer using a clear and colourful menu ticks off the order in an order slip including any special request - less hot, no sugar etc, presses a buzzer, waitress picks it up and and returns with a clear bill so there is no misunderstanding. Food then arrives.

No patent required.

Singaporeans are conditioned to think small. Look at our leaders.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Govt has set the tone and the platform to encourage this short term and short sighted activities. They will sponsor them, they give out grants because the dispensation of grants is a KPI by itself and they will nominate them to sit on some advisory committee.

On a per capita basis, we have sent, sponsored or selected more Singaporeans into top schools of the West than any other country, but look at the returns. If they are in the Civil Service, they will not risk anything and when they retire, they move into GLCs and other endorsed bodies. Even those who are not in the Civil Service, leave to join known MNCs but never make it as leaders or models to be emulated.

Singaporeans are conditioned to think small. Look at our leaders.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i saw from yesterday's Straits times, now, seems gahment is singing praise of malaysians turned sinkies pr. probably, they know that the malaysian chinks are more hardworking and able to bite the bullet, so much more than the local bred sinkies.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/lunch-with-sumiko-the-art-of-sonny-liew

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...o-dream-grows-one-man-business-to-100m-outfit

If sinkies cannot define themselves thru scholastics and academia,if they cannot outcompete thru hard work and bullet biting to PRCs and Malaysian chinks,then what good are they.better to exterminate them as a race.nothing in this universe can not exist without a purpose,otherwise they are become rogue programmes,they must return to the source for deletion.i beg George Bush to drop a nukulear bomb on this worthless country once

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Govt has set the tone and the platform to encourage this short term and short sighted activities. They will sponsor them, they give out grants because the dispensation of grants is a KPI by itself and they will nominate them to sit on some advisory committee.

On a per capita basis, we have sent, sponsored or selected more Singaporeans into top schools of the West than any other country, but look at the returns. If they are in the Civil Service, they will not risk anything and when they retire, they move into GLCs and other endorsed bodies. Even those who are not in the Civil Service, leave to join known MNCs but never make it as leaders or models to be emulated.

The government cannot "create" entrepreneurship! That is what they are attempting to do. In fact, the opposite happens why Malaysian Chinese are more entrepreneur, they simple have no choice! Namewee said it right, "Its a grand plan by UMNO for chinese malaysian to go overseas to be great". There are more PUSH factors for the Malaysian chinese to be creative, entrepreneur then for Singaporeans.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Our best and brightest don't have to fight for or achieve anything. They assured of positions of privilege.

The government cannot "create" entrepreneurship! That is what they are attempting to do. In fact, the opposite happens why Malaysian Chinese are more entrepreneur, they simple have no choice! Namewee said it right, "Its a grand plan by UMNO for chinese malaysian to go overseas to be great". There are more PUSH factors for the Malaysian chinese to be creative, entrepreneur then for Singaporeans.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These kind of stories are repeated so often that we pretty much know the outcome. The Singapore entrepreneur will always win an award, there will be a patent but the product will not make much of an impact and it will die off ...
me say dat ze sinkie idea is much superior 2 dat msian ...

sinkie idea is original, creatif, tink-outta-box n got win prestigiuos global prize ...

msian idea is juz a copycat of uber ...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
All the smartest most driven people aim to become SCHOLARS.

because once become SCHOLAR then the path is set. Chance to become MINISTAR.

SCHOLAR system will be the cause of Singapore's downfall. We have discussed this ad nauseum.

Inferior people like myself can only hope to migrate and give our kids a different playing field.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP doctrines impede Singaporeans thinking.
In order for Singapore to enhance creativity, PAP has to go.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
No patent required.

Well Singapore has the sammyboy sex forum which required no grants and no patents either. All I did was use a USD199.90 vbulletin package and a USD59.95 pm hosting plan to start off with.

However I certainly haven't given me any awards. Instead they've embarked upon relentless censorship of my site over the last year or so.

This is how they reward a singaporean who was trying to put Singapore on the world map. :*:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For them you must come from a certain mould. There are thousands of businessmen in Singapore who have done very well, made a lot of money but you never see their name in the papers. The ones who are regularly mentioned are the those who sought PAP or grassroot networks. Take Olivia Lum, a true entrepreneur but when she stood next to Tony Tan at the PE nomination day on the balcony, the cat was out of the bag. And then it dawned on people that the company might be in trouble and it was.

You can see the pattern forming over time - award given but the enterprise does not have legs and does not last, entrepreneurs who claim to be start-ups actually inherited their business from their parents. Of the 3 in the CFE Committee, 2 claim to be start-ups, one took over form his father who and the other from her father-in-law and both are award winners. In Singapore, if you sold your business and start another, you are immediately as serial entrepreneur, angel investor etc. In the old days we called them businessmen.

Well Singapore has the sammyboy sex forum which required no grants and no patents either. All I did was use a USD199.90 vbulletin package and a USD59.95 pm hosting plan to start off with.

However I certainly haven't given me any awards. Instead they've embarked upon relentless censorship of my site over the last year or so.

This is how they reward a singaporean who was trying to put Singapore on the world map. :*:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you all never realise that those family businesses in the earlier years never last under PAP. yes, i mention PAP cos' i think their policies ruined those businesses.i have few old friends whose grandpa or father's biz was booming and then that's it. not to forget to mention, when those civil servants under old fart come from poor family background, and later put in important positions in the ministry, they tend to have some sort of prejudice against the once richer than them and start abusing their power. take for example the compensation given tho these families when they want to take over the premise to clear land and build flats. i think these families should be paid more but instead paid pittance amount. so to have a good person in the ministry, he must at least come from an above average family background. many evil doers come from poor family background, i dare to say.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not joking, those who were poor when young and later become successful after PAP help them. these group of pple tend to be very narrow minded.

that include the lasup secret squirrels if not why you think those related to them become well to do and their master probably think they will be righteous but the master forgot that it is a chink society, they take things personally and tend to be sibeh greedy.

from my experience with them, the above is what i think of them.

if pm lee or lim boon heng tell a lie, i will still choose to believe pm lee. if tony tan and SR tell a lie, i will believe tony cos the individual's background are different.

if trump or hillary tell a lie, i will choose to believe trump.

cos' pm lee, tony and trump, all are from better background.

if my analysis is wrong, you can come and slap me in the face.:rolleyes: