• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The fallen Tembusu tree and Singapore's state of Productivity

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure what is the optimum number to carry large trunks. Those things arent light. So many experts here.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
if 51% vote against the pap in aljunied grc, marine parade grc, bishan grc, east coast grc, holland grc, jln besar grc, cck grc, marsiling grc, nee soon grc, hougang smc, tampines grc, pap will be in the opposition

In order to achieve the 51%, you need to first go and massacre all the new citizens in all the constituencies.

With their current policy of taking in new citizens, I believe the PAP will remain in power for the next 1000 years.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In order to achieve the 51%, you need to first go and massacre all the new citizens in all the constituencies.

With their current policy of taking in new citizens, I believe the PAP will remain in power for the next 1000 years.

Quite true but not totally correct. I have met many PRC ladies who became new citizens. Many, after 5years, are very anti pap. So there is hope that pap gets voted out if many new citizens will vote against pap after one election.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone are the days that you ask a human to carry logs of that size no matter the number of people. Eventually it leads to back problems and health issues. It's also not necessary when there are equipment that fits any work place, terrain and surrounding. I have even seen real small bobcats that do landscaping work in backyards. I have seen hand operated trench diggers to hand operated power lifters with small foot print.

I was really surprised to see the 4 men carry that sized log and tembusu is one heavy wood. As the country's national botanic park and coming under NP, I am surprised how they have been doing all their work in the last 20 years. They can buy overpriced Bromptons but not the tools of their trade. Even Singapore Island Country Club have the right equipment to even handle soft greens without damaging it and you never see an army of workers like this lot.

I am not sure what is the optimum number to carry large trunks. Those things arent light. So many experts here.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to Borom and you for sorting it out. I too thought I was seeing things. I saw Numero Uno's post but later could not find it. For me I thought it was the remnants of last night tequila.

Thanks for highlighting, for a moment I thought I was high on rum :p:p:p

The two threads merged.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone are the days that you ask a human to carry logs of that size no matter the number of people. Eventually it leads to back problems and health issues. It's also not necessary when there are equipment that fits any work place, terrain and surrounding. I have even seen real small bobcats that do landscaping work in backyards. I have seen hand operated trench diggers to hand operated power lifters with small foot print.

I was really surprised to see the 4 men carry that sized log and tembusu is one heavy wood. As the country's national botanic park and coming under NP, I am surprised how they have been doing all their work in the last 20 years. They can buy overpriced Bromptons but not the tools of their trade. Even Singapore Island Country Club have the right equipment to even handle soft greens without damaging it and you never see an army of workers like this lot.

You are right. Therein likes Singapores basic problem. Resources are not deployed to the good of the entire country. Just the fortunate few. If we were properly mechanized and automated, whether in public services , construction. medicine or anything else, we would not need so many foreign workers. Singaporeans could be trained to operate specialized machinery and they would do it if well compensated.
If other countries have cheap labour, we should be investing there and employing them there instead of importing congestion into this place.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Completely with you on this.

Yes, it the agents who are making big money by exploiting these workers. One of the biggest is the chap who was CCC chairman of Kembangan. There many like him in grassroots. Its not just productivity but also the underbelly of patronage for political and personal gains.

Goes to East Coast Park today, team of 8 to 10 pruning plants and look at the tools they are using.

On a visit to Australia. I saw an OZ driver unload an entire open trailer load of bricks onto a worksite with a forklift that was hitched to the back of his trailer. He just drove the forklift to the ramp, that raised it to the back, he secured it and off he went with an empty trailer. No one else. Thats was 25 years ago. Here we need a supervisor, deputy and minimum 5 people. Thats too takes the entire day.

why this low pay foreign workers saga has been going on for the pass 30 years? when in some cases machines would do the jobs properly, let me tell u why.
those poor workers each pay the 'labour agents' between 5k to 12k for bring them to spore, the whole admin process probably cost less than 1k,
the rest of the money the labour agent take a cut AND the rest of this hard earned money goes to the boss of the companies employing them, it could be 3 to 5k per worker! imagine if a big shipyard employs 800 of these workers, its a windfall of 3 to 5 million for the boss! and guess who the real bosses are for these big companies? probably some porlumpars
in the end the people who suffers are these poor innocent workers and also the citizens due to infrastructure overload due to over crowding
how quietly evil some people are……

thats the reason why over the past 5years inspite of big uproar over so many foreigners the govt still refuse to let off from getting more ppl into this crowded island, this scheme is a cash cow like the cpf

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.why is there 2 threads of the same name by TS?

2. surely you cannot be advocating the 3 strike laws here as the regime is already oppressive enough

3. According to Wiki ,the three-strikes law significantly increases the prison sentences of persons convicted of a felony
who have been previously convicted of two or more violent crimes or serious felonies,examples
being murder,kidnapping, sexual abuse, rape, aggravated robbery, and aggravated assault .I think your example refers mainly to
California where misdemeanours can qualify for application of the three-strikes law

4. I agree with the gist of your argument i,e things are getting from bad to worst but what we need is a new regime, not stricter laws

don't get me wrong. I am not advocating stricter laws. I am advocating a total revamp of the laws!!! even the elected presidency issue is a farce. you see cases of cheatings eg in the stock markets( penny stocks), Susan lim brunei case(outright con job yet took 10 years to close), drunk drivers killings innocent people and repeated violation of the laws(alot of them banned but continue driving as some idiots took away 99% of TPs), etc etc. even the rogue cop that killed two innocent people , the cases drag on and on. on the other hand the drug smuggling cases even for 10 gm of heroin they hang quickly. thats why alot of cheating cases are on the rise as the crooks know the authorities are incompetent and slow to act(Razif case for instance). also the penalties for cheating millions are just a few weeks in prisons. see the O&M collapses now and you get the drift. alot of dirty dealings and the authorities closed two eyes. everyone is just trying to pull a fast one and get out. there are no penalties(heavy ones) for cheatings (for cases that inviolve millions) or deaths that involves negligence(SMRT recent cases) . humans learn by pain and reward stimulus. no pain no memory so the errors get repeated again and again

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't get me wrong. I am not advocating stricter laws. I am advocating a total revamp of the laws!!! even the elected presidency issue is a farce. you see cases of cheatings eg in the stock markets( penny stocks), Susan lim brunei case(outright con job yet took 10 years to close), drunk drivers killings innocent people and repeated violation of the laws(alot of them banned but continue driving as some idiots took away 99% of TPs), etc etc. even the rogue cop that killed two innocent people , the cases drag on and on. on the other hand the drug smuggling cases even for 10 gm of heroin they hang quickly. thats why alot of cheating cases are on the rise as the crooks know the authorities are incompetent and slow to act(Razif case for instance). also the penalties for cheating millions are just a few weeks in prisons. see the O&M collapses now and you get the drift. alot of dirty dealings and the authorities closed two eyes. everyone is just trying to pull a fast one and get out. there are no penalties(heavy ones) for cheatings (for cases that inviolve millions) or deaths that involves negligence(SMRT recent cases) . humans learn by pain and reward stimulus. no pain no memory so the errors get repeated again and again

For instance the collapse of Swissco whose shareholders and directors are PAP cronies:

Lousy Directors. Good for nothing.

Shame on you. You have lost your credibility.

Lim How Teck

Tan Fuh Gih

Tang Kheng Guan Kelvin

Leslie Yeo Choon Hsien

Ho Geok Choo Madeleine

Not sure if they are also directors of other companies.

SGX should blacklist the directors of Swiber, Swissco and Technics.

Btw, SGX should carry out investigation on Swissco and hold these directors responsible for its downfall.

Ho Geok Choo was a former PAP MP who had represented West Coast GRC from 2001 to 2011 and
her lau-peh was MP Ho See Beng MP for Bras Basah & Khe Bong constituency 1963 to 1978.

Mr Tan Fuh Gih, PBM
Patron, Boon Lay CCC
The Public Service Star, 2015

WEST COAST GRC

All khaki eh lang so neh mind and boh tai-chee wan lah.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
John Soh is being detained pending his conviction and all the directors of Swiber are being charged for fraud.

Shame on you, world highest paid PM Lee Hsien Loong! WTF is your CPIB doing about Swissco all this time?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
See? Nothing wrong with the tree. Is the soil. Who you gonna blame for poor soil? :confused:

Anyhow change constitution just to block Tan Cheng Bok from participating in the presidential election so that your dishonourable son can install his obedient dog/bitch as a puppet.

This is a very clear signal from the The Almighty who feels sorry for the people of Singapore who are short-changed by their dictatorial dishonourable son.

Maybe it's an indication that the dishonourable bastard will soon kick the bucket!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the NSRCC Golf course was built, the local sub-contractor got an Australian company to install the reticulation spinkler system for the course. The guy was amazed that the boss of the company and a few men installed it. If it was a Singapore company, a foreigner will be engaged as a consultant, then it be further sub-contracted multiple times to some porlumpar grassroots leader who will bring his army of Indian sub continent workers and a few spades and changkuls.

To cut a long story short, ST will run an article about entrepreneurs Ahmad and Lee who partnered to operate barbershops in Workers dormitory and are so flexible that they operate after hours when these workers return.

You are right. Therein likes Singapores basic problem. Resources are not deployed to the good of the entire country. Just the fortunate few. If we were properly mechanized and automated, whether in public services , construction. medicine or anything else, we would not need so many foreign workers. Singaporeans could be trained to operate specialized machinery and they would do it if well compensated.
If other countries have cheap labour, we should be investing there and employing them there instead of importing congestion into this place.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a noble tree. It tried to bring along a shitskin and 2 shitlets to make sg a better place with its demise.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the cpf investment scheme. Sgx will be dead. Truth be known - how many hundreds of billions of cpf monies got burnt since the cpf investment scheme started. No figure avail though. :(

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyhow change constitution just to block Tan Cheng Bok from participating in the presidential election so that your dishonourable son can install his obedient dog/bitch as a puppet.

This is a very clear signal from the The Almighty who feels sorry for the people of Singapore who are short-changed by their dictatorial dishonourable son.

Maybe it's an indication that the dishonourable bastard will soon kick the bucket!

Uh old fart will want it that way as he wants his familee to control everything so pinky doing what he is doing is correct. The issue is what will TCB do...? Why don't he go back in an contest his old seat as an independent? He can give pinky headaches too

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
botanic_09.JPG

1 fallen tree need to activate a army of people?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 fallen tree need to activate a army of people?

Not any ordinary tree. But an iconic 270 year old tree. By the way they cut it. So many pieces.

Bet they are selling them piece by piece for millions. The value of the pieces is greater the the

Value of the stand alone Tree. :biggrin:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
why this low pay foreign workers saga has been going on for the pass 30 years? when in some cases machines would do the jobs properly, let me tell u why.
those poor workers each pay the 'labour agents' between 5k to 12k for bring them to spore, the whole admin process probably cost less than 1k,
the rest of the money the labour agent take a cut AND the rest of this hard earned money goes to the boss of the companies employing them, it could be 3 to 5k per worker! imagine if a big shipyard employs 800 of these workers, its a windfall of 3 to 5 million for the boss! and guess who the real bosses are for these big companies? probably some porlumpars
in the end the people who suffers are these poor innocent workers and also the citizens due to infrastructure overload due to over crowding
how quietly evil some people are……

thats the reason why over the past 5years inspite of big uproar over so many foreigners the govt still refuse to let off from getting more ppl into this crowded island, this scheme is a cash cow like the cpf

You point the true picture....the level higher up and the elite get to take the cream and we at the bottom rung
are made to pay the cost...