• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Need advice on generating passive income stream

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bros and sis,

I would like to get advice and suggestions from people here who have more than 1 streams of income as my plan is to build some passive income streams to enable it to eventually replace my full time job when i'm into my 50s.

Other than collecting rental income from property and investing high dividend stocks, can someone share what other types of passive income steam is worth investing for a sustainable income stream?

Your constructive advice and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

cheers

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Collecting lots of passive income from your naive downline in MLMs. I made good money from it while the good times lasted.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Collecting lots of passive income from your naive downline in MLMs. I made good money from it while the good times lasted.

Hi John, did you own the company or you were the first few tiers that started it ? What kind of money were you able to earn then if I may ask.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear bros and sis,

I would like to get advice and suggestions from people here who have more than 1 streams of income as my plan is to build some passive income streams to enable it to eventually replace my full time job when i'm into my 50s.

Other than collecting rental income from property and investing high dividend stocks, can someone share what other types of passive income steam is worth investing for a sustainable income stream?

cheers

If you become a pimp and have a stable of hookers, i believe you can collect a lot of passive income.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be greedy ...5 pct interest on your multi-million deposit (say $4 million) would amount to $200k. You spend $100k and then increase your deposit by $100k. Safe.

If you want higher returns, then put half of that $4 million into a few dividend paying ETFs by regions managed by US firms like Vanguard, Blackrock etc. Avoid Asian ETFs. ETFs dividend will average about 3 to 4 pct, but you will also get capital growth. So, your portfolio growth would be faster. Key to that is re-balancing.

Investing is simple and rewarding when you are NOT greedy.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear bros and sis,

cheers

If you have 150k, go franchise a cheers or 7-11 outlet.

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question you must ask yourself is: Do you want three meals at a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question you must ask yourself is: Do you want three meals at a hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

Please don't talk to ts like he some poor peasant. He should be in his 40s with quite a fair bit of assets wanting to get tips on how to get more without working in his 50s.

Ts, sorry, my post is not constructive. Im finding ways to earn more through putting in time and effort myself than just relac one corner getting my money to grow money.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Other than collecting rental income from property and investing high dividend stocks

Presumably you already have these two sources of income, I'd say invest in your interests. Enjoying what you're doing for the next four decades doesn't sound like a bad deal, does it?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be greedy ...5 pct interest on your multi-million deposit (say $4 million) would amount to $200k. You spend $100k and then increase your deposit by $100k. Safe.

If you want higher returns, then put half of that $4 million into a few dividend paying ETFs by regions managed by US firms like Vanguard, Blackrock etc. Avoid Asian ETFs. ETFs dividend will average about 3 to 4 pct, but you will also get capital growth. So, your portfolio growth would be faster. Key to that is re-balancing.

Investing is simple and rewarding when you are NOT greedy.

how do u get to 4 million in the first place?in all the singaporean investment forums and blogs i read,i only know one guy who managed to do it,accumulate a portfolio of estimated 3 to 5 million dollars generating six figure passive income from SG reits and dividend stocks.....and that took him a incredible 20 plus years of hard work and discipline,extreme saving and frugality.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People only look at increasing their income but give little thought about cutting their costs. Living in Spore is very expensive & moving to JB, LOS, Batam, Australia .... will increase your disposal income. It will also increase the quality of life.

Moving does not have to be permanent. Can consider living elsewhere a few months of the year & commute to Spore. Can still enjoy savings & have a more relaxing lifestyle.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do u get to 4 million in the first place?in all the singaporean investment forums and blogs i read,i only know one guy who managed to do it,accumulate a portfolio of estimated 3 to 5 million dollars generating six figure passive income from SG reits and dividend stocks.....and that took him a incredible 20 plus years of hard work and discipline,extreme saving and frugality.

I assume the OP has a plan to accumulate or has already accumulate that amount. If you are willing to accept a lower standard of living, $2 million would be okay. Short of that, life is going to be tough in sinkapore. In that situation, better find somewhere where COL is lower.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly passive.
1) Buy blue chip shares where pension funds are on the board of the company such as GE. There are none in Singapore. Buy them every few months and don't worry about it.
2) Property rental is the next best things but it requires substantial capital or parents inheritance to start off.

What you should not do
1) engage a financial planner (formerly known as Insurance salesman) as they will sell you products that give them the highest commission
2) buy an endowment policy for obvious reasons
3) talk to anyone who talks about passive income as 90% have no idea what they are talking about or doing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear bros and sis,

cheers

Step 1. Acquire 5 girls that look somewhat like these.

soi-cowboy-red-light-district-bangkok-thailand-picture-id521268848

Step 2 - Rent at least a 3 bedroom flat. Pay $4000 a month rent, and budget $500 a month for condoms and lubes. Budget another $3000 a month for food, women's sanitary supplies, the occasional doctor checkup, EPT kits, etc. Factor in electricity, phone costs, utilities, etc. Overall, lets say $10,000 per month cost including contingency expense.

Step 3 - Work the girls 10-12 hrs a day, at say $50/hr as your cut, equals $500-$600 per day per girl. At 5 girls, that would be $2500-$3000 per day gross to you. Or $75,000- $90,000 per month gross to you. Less $10,000 a month for expenses, leaves $65,000 - $80,000. Pay the mamasan $5000 a month, and you net $60,000 - $75,000 monthly. All passive income and the best part is that you get unlimited free pussy. U can even make it a condition to test drive the pussy before you add them to your stable. You should be getting $720,000 to $900,000 annually, almost as much as a PAP Minister.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you all for your contribution.

To answer some comments posed, I set my objective as 10k SGD passive income a month in 8 years time. already got 2 streams in property and stocks, need to find more that doesn't cost too much outlay in money like property.

Question : if renting a food stall and employ staff ( uncle , aunties or foreign staff) to run, it is reasonable to earn a monthly NET income of SGD$2000? Assumption: cost is managed well and food standard and biz is reasonably healthy. ( I assume not all food stall owners operate by themselves???)

If yourself or someone you know are generating side income please share with me what they do and how much can they make. I need ideas... Those vices idea no need to share hor.. coz i'm not into such trades no matter how lucrative they are ,hahaha..