• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SBF Interviews Mdm Halimah Yacob, speaker of Parliament

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBF: Welcome Mdm Yacob.

HY: Please call me Halimah, everyone does.

SBF: We are keen to trace your background and how you arrived at this stage in your life.

HY: What is there to trace, my life has been an open book.

SBF: Actually that is not the case. Your CV is frankly shows nothing about your background or your past. Its full of details on appointments to Parliamentary Committees. There is no indication of your academic qualifications, the schools that you went to and even the jobs that you held. Why the secrecy? Its actually one of the worst cases of a CV that I have seen.

HY: Are you sure? I am very open person.

SBF: Ok, let compare your CV to another of your Party colleagues, Tharman Shanmugaretnam. His shows his academic qualifications, his key job appointments, and he even mentions his wife's name and the number of children including boys and a girl. So you see we have no idea who you are, what you have done and absolutely have no idea if you are married, have children or living by yourself. Surely you have to acknowledge that it is thread bare.

HY: I think my assistant did it and did not ask me.

SBF: Thats fine Mdm Yacob, lets move on to your appointment as speaker of Parliament. How did you become Speaker of Parliament?

HY: I got a call from the PM and I am the sort of person who is prepared to serve where ever I am asked to.

SBF: You sound exactly like our past President Mr S R Nathan. He said the same thing. Surely there must be a reason that he asks you specifically. Some attributes that makes you qualified for it.

HY: I believe it was because I was legally trained and that I had the right temperament.

SBF: I don't think having a legal background is a factor. Tan Soo Khoon was a Biz Ad grad and watch retailer by vocation. He turned out to be an outstanding Speaker of Parliament who was fair to both sides and sharp as hell. He was known repeatedly to put down Wong Kan Seng who was the PAP's party whip known for his frequent request to shape discussion in parliament to the party's favour. Could you clarify how your temperament suits the speaker's role. As you know the speaker must have the profile that can control the house and allow discussion to flow naturally.

HY: Yes, that the temperament I was referring to.

SBF: Would we be correct to say that after the young Michael Palmer's affair, the PM was looking for a safe pair of hands and because of your age and personality he knew that you are unlikely to cross any boundaries.

HY: I think he was looking for someone that can do the job.

SBF: Lets say a young Singaporean having just reached 21 and is ready to vote and he wants to have an idea of what you have achieved that is special to you and you alone. So many people have served NTUC and Parliament so we not looking at just having served in these 2 places but something very unique or special. Could you help us out here.

HY: I am not one to blow my trumpet. I go where I am needed. I do not look at my past accomplishments or dwell on my previous successes. I am comfortable what I am and who I am.

SBF: How then are citizens able to assess you and thus my mention of a young Singaporean having reached the voting age. I specifically placed the context in order for you to appreciate the challenge that he or she faces.

HY: I am sure he or she would have read about developments in the press.

SBF: Firstly the local press can be discounted as their own industry peers around the World have repeatedly rubbished them. Secondly your CV says practically nothing so I hope you appreciate the dilemma.

HY: I think you are missing the point. The PAP is a proven entity. Even when it comes to PE, the Govt will indicate its support for the most suitable candidate even thought they are no longer with a political party.

SBF: Does not seem very democratic and appears to have all the hallmarks of a "guided" democracy if one wants to be kind.

HY: Yes, ours is an Asian society. We cannot ape the West.

SBF: What has the West go to with anything. The point is that none of us are any wiser on your background and your achievements except for time spent with NTUC and Parliament. We also have no idea what you did in NTUC and Parliament that was special and unique. We don't even know if you are married to a Malay. We for instance know that Abdullah Tarmugi, once speaker of Parliament is married to a Chinese. We know that Mr Masagoes Zulkifli is married to Md Jumelah Binte Ja’afar and has 4 children. We also know about Minister Yaacob and his family. You get the picture, you follow me.

HY: You know I still live in a HDB flat.

SBF: We thought you will eventually bring this up. What the deal with this. As speaker of Parliament, your annual remuneration exceeds $500k a year.

HY: I am contented person and I do need to live in a bungalow to feel comfortable. I also like to be with the people that I serve.

SBF: What about your PAP colleagues? Surely you realise that you are putting them down with that comment.

HY: I suppose I am different.

SBF: Now the matter of the tudung. Please stop me if you think we are going into a sensitive area.

HY: This is in regard to my faith and I have made the choice to don a tudung.

SBF: Fair enough. Can I just say that since we started this interview and up to this stage we have no idea where you are from and what you have done all these years despite being one of the longest serving members of parliament. In essence Singapore is not just the NTUC or Parliament. Those in NTUC and Parliament may know who you are and what you did but the rest of Singapore is clueless.

HY: I think I have done my best in serving the people.

SBF: To be honest I think you indeed have done your best and I also think that you genuinely think you have done your best even though most Singaporeans have no idea what that is. Thank you for your time Mdm Halimah.

HY: Thank you for having me.

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be the Hon. Dr Halimah Yacob

Education

Halimah Yacob was educated at Singapore Chinese Girls' School and Tanjong Katong Girls' School, before going on to the University of Singapore where she completed an LLB (Hons) degree in 1978. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 1981. In 2001, she completed an LLM degree at the National University of Singapore, and further received the Doctor of Laws degree from NUS again on 7 July 2016.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The real Interview:

SBF:
Welcome Mdm Yacob.

HY: Please call me Halimah, everyone does.

Please call me Humplimah Yourcock, everyone does.

SBF: We are keen to trace your background and how you arrived at this stage in your life.

HY: What is there to trace, my life has been an open book.

Well, SBF hor, its like this lah. When I was 8 years old, my father who was a watchman (jagar) passed away. My mother struggled to support us, but thankfully, Praise the PAP, we got HDB flat mah. Every morning, before I went to school, I had to help my mother prepare malay food so that she can sell it for a living. She had a pushcart selling Nasi padang. Damn delish, you got try or not? Those were exciting times, dodging police with our illegal pushcart, missing school, etc. I got 4 other brothers and sisters, yes, my father was horny, so what? we all lived cramped into a one room flat in Hindoo Road. So, I am actually half apuneh.........and you thought there were Malay jagars? Hahahhaha, fooled you.

SBF: Actually that is not the case. Your CV is frankly shows nothing about your background or your past. Its full of details on appointments to Parliamentary Committees. There is no indication of your academic qualifications, the schools that you went to and even the jobs that you held. Why the secrecy? Its actually one of the worst cases of a CV that I have seen.

HY: Are you sure? I am very open person.

Are you sure? I am a very open leg person

SBF: Ok, let compare your CV to another of your Party colleagues, Tharman Shanmugaretnam. His shows his academic qualifications, his key job appointments, and he even mentions his wife's name and the number of children including boys and a girl. So you see we have no idea who you are, what you have done and absolutely have no idea if you are married, have children or living by yourself. Surely you have to acknowledge that it is thread bare.

HY: I think my assistant did it and did not ask me.

I think my assistant did that and did not ask me, I am going to fuck that bitch up.

SBF: Thats fine Mdm Yacob, lets move on to your appointment as speaker of Parliament. How did you become Speaker of Parliament?

HY: I got a call from the PM and I am the sort of person who is prepared to serve where ever I am asked to.

After he called, I went to his office. Then he said he like my old fashion spectacles and ask me whether I will enjoy to serve under him. Tee Hee Hee

SBF: You sound exactly like our past President Mr S R Nathan. He said the same thing. Surely there must be a reason that he asks you specifically. Some attributes that makes you qualified for it.

HY: I believe it was because I was legally trained and that I had the right temperament.

Aiyoh, don't compare me that fat apuneh traitor lah. I am the minah hotness, ok?

SBF: I don't think having a legal background is a factor. Tan Soo Khoon was a Biz Ad grad and watch retailer by vocation. He turned out to be an outstanding Speaker of Parliament who was fair to both sides and sharp as hell. He was known repeatedly to put down Wong Kan Seng who was the PAP's party whip known for his frequent request to shape discussion in parliament to the party's favour. Could you clarify how your temperament suits the speaker's role. As you know the speaker must have the profile that can control the house and allow discussion to flow naturally.

HY: Yes, that the temperament I was referring to.

If you don't think my legal background is relevant, how about I use it to sue SBF for asking me these stupid questions?

SBF: Would we be correct to say that after the young Michael Palmer's affair, the PM was looking for a safe pair of hands and because of your age and personality he knew that you are unlikely to cross any boundaries.

HY: I think he was looking for someone that can do the job.

Just because I am 62, don't think I cannot outfuck Michael, ok?

SBF: Lets say a young Singaporean having just reached 21 and is ready to vote and he wants to have an idea of what you have achieved that is special to you and you alone. So many people have served NTUC and Parliament so we not looking at just having served in these 2 places but something very unique or special. Could you help us out here.

HY: I am not one to blow my trumpet. I go where I am needed. I do not look at my past accomplishments or dwell on my previous successes. I am comfortable what I am and who I am.

If the sinkie who has reached 21 want to know what I have achieve, ask him to come to my MPS and I will show him how to achieve new heights of ecstasy.

SBF: How then are citizens able to assess you and thus my mention of a young Singaporean having reached the voting age. I specifically placed the context in order for you to appreciate the challenge that he or she faces.

HY: I am sure he or she would have read about developments in the press.

SBF: Firstly the local press can be discounted as their own industry peers around the World have repeatedly rubbished them. Secondly your CV says practically nothing so I hope you appreciate the dilemma.

HY: I think you are missing the point. The PAP is a proven entity. Even when it comes to PE, the Govt will indicate its support for the most suitable candidate even thought they are no longer with a political party.

SBF: Does not seem very democratic and appears to have all the hallmarks of a "guided" democracy if one wants to be kind.

HY: Yes, ours is an Asian society. We cannot ape the West.

SBF: What has the West go to with anything. The point is that none of us are any wiser on your background and your achievements except for time spent with NTUC and Parliament. We also have no idea what you did in NTUC and Parliament that was special and unique. We don't even know if you are married to a Malay. We for instance know that Abdullah Tarmugi, once speaker of Parliament is married to a Chinese. We know that Mr Masagoes Zulkifli is married to Md Jumelah Binte Ja’afar and has 4 children. We also know about Minister Yaacob and his family. You get the picture, you follow me.

Yes, my HDB flat is in Yishun, its a 5 room, you want to come and visit? I have 3 daughters, 2 sons. Both sons and one daughter is married already. My hubby is a businessman (not very successful because we still living in HDB flat hor) Mohammed Abdullah Alhabshee, we are same batch in school, and so met at NUS. Married 2 years after we graduated. My mother lives in the flat next to me, until she passed away in 2015. she had suffered from dementia. Anything else you want to know?

SBF: We thought you will eventually bring this up. What the deal with this. As speaker of Parliament, your annual remuneration exceeds $500k a year.

HY: I am contented person and I do need to live in a bungalow to feel comfortable. I also like to be with the people that I serve.

SBF: What about your PAP colleagues? Surely you realise that you are putting them down with that comment.

HY: I suppose I am different.

SBF: Now the matter of the tudung. Please stop me if you think we are going into a sensitive area.

HY: This is in regard to my faith and I have made the choice to don a tudung.

SBF: Fair enough. Can I just say that since we started this interview and up to this stage we have no idea where you are from and what you have done all these years despite being one of the longest serving members of parliament. In essence Singapore is not just the NTUC or Parliament. Those in NTUC and Parliament may know who you are and what you did but the rest of Singapore is clueless.

HY: I think I have my best in serving the people.

SBF: To be honest I think you indeed have done your best and I also think that you genuinely think you have done your best even though most Singaporeans have no idea what that is. Thank you for your time Mdm Halimah.

HY: Thank you for having me.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Block downstairs got Gurkha Guards Post or not ?

Yes, my HDB flat is in Yishun, its a 5 room, you want to come and visit? I have 3 daughters, 2 sons. Both sons and one daughter is married already. My hubby is a businessman (not very successful because we still living in HDB flat hor) Mohammed Abdullah Alhabshee, we are same batch in school, and so met at NUS. Married 2 years after we graduated. My mother lives in the flat next to me, until she passed away in 2015. she had suffered from dementia. Anything else you want to know?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It should be the Hon. Dr Halimah Yacob

Education

Halimah Yacob was educated at Singapore Chinese Girls' School and Tanjong Katong Girls' School, before going on to the University of Singapore where she completed an LLB (Hons) degree in 1978. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 1981. In 2001, she completed an LLM degree at the National University of Singapore, and further received the Doctor of Laws degree from NUS again on 7 July 2016.

Conclusion: University of Sinkapore has very, very, very low standard. If a fool like her can get a Phd there, anyone can get a degree there. Or did she buy her degrees?