• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Bt Batok rats are back, Govt blames the rain. Where is Ah Mu?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant even get rid of rats want to build Jurong Lake Precint with Silicon Valley companies.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ising-fears-repeat-infestations-2014-and-2016

Rats are back in Bukit Batok, raising fears of repeat of infestations in 2014 and 2016

A rat burrow in a grass patch in Bukit Batok. The white powder around the entrance is the poison used to kill the rats.

Photo: The Straits Times

SINGAPORE - A new rat infestation has been discovered in Bukit Batok, raising fears that the infestations that were discovered in 2014 and 2016 might be making a comeback.

Of the 12 residents The Straits Times spoke to on Monday afternoon, 11 said they have spotted the rodents scurrying around the Housing Development Board estate at Bukit Batok Street 52 in the past week. When The Straits Times visited the estate, one rodent was spotted foraging for food beside a grass patch.

A spokesman for the Town Council said it is carrying out weekly pest-control efforts using measures recommended by the National Environment Agency, including glue traps and rat poison.

The spokesman said 26 rats have been killed since last October and rat poison is regularly sprayed around burrows when residents report them.

However, some residents felt that the pest-control measures were ineffective.

"The rain washes away the rat poison, so the rats are not always killed," said a retiree living in Block 523, who declined to be named.

He said he has made several complaints to the Town Council, fearing a repeat of the December 2014 infestation near Bukit Batok MRT Station, in which more than 300 rats were found and killed.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...festations-2014-and-2016#sthash.EUk7Tr2o.dpuf

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Mu in his law firm at Raffles Place.What rats ? Earning legal fees from clients more important.$$$$ What stupid rats ???!!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah mu learn from michael palmer n botak ong doing visit to KTVs and car park with glassloot leeders

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant even get rid of rats want to build Jurong Lake Precint with Silicon Valley companies.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ising-fears-repeat-infestations-2014-and-2016

Rats are back in Bukit Batok, raising fears of repeat of infestations in 2014 and 2016

A rat burrow in a grass patch in Bukit Batok. The white powder around the entrance is the poison used to kill the rats.

Photo: The Straits Times

SINGAPORE - A new rat infestation has been discovered in Bukit Batok, raising fears that the infestations that were discovered in 2014 and 2016 might be making a comeback.

Of the 12 residents The Straits Times spoke to on Monday afternoon, 11 said they have spotted the rodents scurrying around the Housing Development Board estate at Bukit Batok Street 52 in the past week. When The Straits Times visited the estate, one rodent was spotted foraging for food beside a grass patch.

A spokesman for the Town Council said it is carrying out weekly pest-control efforts using measures recommended by the National Environment Agency, including glue traps and rat poison.

The spokesman said 26 rats have been killed since last October and rat poison is regularly sprayed around burrows when residents report them.

However, some residents felt that the pest-control measures were ineffective.

"The rain washes away the rat poison, so the rats are not always killed," said a retiree living in Block 523, who declined to be named.

He said he has made several complaints to the Town Council, fearing a repeat of the December 2014 infestation near Bukit Batok MRT Station, in which more than 300 rats were found and killed.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...festations-2014-and-2016#sthash.EUk7Tr2o.dpuf

Another $120,000 bill invoice on the way to solve the rat problem AGAIN???!!!

12/29/2014
Rats, I am out of touch!
In my earlier post on the rats at Bukit Batok I made a conservative guesstimate on how much it would cost to get rid of the rats problem. Off hand someone suggested that it would cost $30k to get the job done. And that was huge to cull 300 rats at $100 each. How wrong he was though I too thought that would be reasonable, to kill a rat. $100 a piece!

Someone pointed to me that the Chinese media has reported that the whole operation costs $120k. My God, that would be $500 for 1 rat as slightly more than 230 rats were caught. That sum of money could buy 1,000 roast pigs to feed a lot of people.

I can’t imagine rats are so highly priced, must be golden rats or pedigree rats. And hope the $120k is the final number and no more over and above to add on.

I am really out of touch with the cost of everything.

Complain some more lah. Who do you think will pay for it?

Kopi Level - Red
Chua Chin Leng aka redbean at 2

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2014/12/rats-i-am-out-of-touch.html?m=1