• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Will ceramic bracelet watches peel off over time ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody owns a ceramic bracelet watch such as Rado or Tag Heuer?

Ceramic adds a nice and classy gloss to the surface of the bracelet. While scratches on stainless steel chrome can be remedied with brasso, I wonder ceramic will peel off over time.

cat_centrix_561_0034_3_071.png

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Advantages-of-Ceramic-Watch-Bands-/10000000177633171/g.html?rmvSB=true

[h=2]Conclusion[/h]Ceramic watch bands combine durability for long-term use, comfort for everyday wear, and the elegance of luxury and fashion pieces. The versatility of the material allows for use in watches that utilize different technologies, such as mechanical, digital, solar, and motion activation. Consumers can find heavy-duty sports pieces or light, trendy fashion watches to suit their lifestyles. High-tech ceramic is an innovative material that has improved numerous industries and continues to inspire designers to create new styles of watch bands.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you want resistance to impact then Ceramic is not the way to go.

Ceramic resists wear because it is extremely hard. However that also makes it brittle so a hard enough knock and it shatters.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

ceramic has MOH hardness close to 9 vs 10 for diamond......... this Rado black ceramic is slightly less hard than diamond and hence will not be scratched by any material other than diamond
and like diamond it will crack n break when dropped or hammered......
you can never repair it to original state but can super glue or araldite the pieces and polish away the new joints

those who use ceramic knife will notice that the sharpened edges can breakup into sawtooth and this is due to the ceramic not processed in ideal thermal conditions,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
ceramic has MOH hardness close to 9 vs 10 for diamond......... this Rado black ceramic is slightly less hard than diamond and hence will not be scratched by any material other than diamond
and like diamond it will crack n break when dropped or hammered......
you can never repair it to original state but can super glue or araldite the pieces and polish away the new joints

those who use ceramic knife will notice that the sharpened edges can breakup into sawtooth and this is due to the ceramic not processed in ideal thermal conditions,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Diamond will crack when dropped ? Then how can it be hard ? More like brittle.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diamond will crack when dropped ? Then how can it be hard ? More like brittle.

such hardness not the same as prick hardness............ maybe I shud use brittleness
buy yourself a cheap diamon...... zirconium oso can....... and bash it with a hammer - see what happens

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do u even know what ceramic is?it is used to make bulletproof armour and kevlar,unless u are entering orbit in a space shuttle at 13,000 km/h with temperatures of up to 4000c.....that shit is not going to peel off ever.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u even know what ceramic is?it is used to make bulletproof armour and kevlar,unless u are entering orbit in a space shuttle at 13,000 km/h with temperatures of up to 4000c.....that shit is not going to peel off ever.

LOL the plates I use at home can make bulletproof armour with kevlar!! Wow........ must go down to Sg Gedong to see if their tanks use the same plates I use for my home meal............. maybe they using kopitiam kopi saucer plate

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL the plates I use at home can make bulletproof armour with kevlar!! Wow........ must go down to Sg Gedong to see if their tanks use the same plates I use for my home meal............. maybe they using kopitiam kopi saucer plate

Ceramic armor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ceramic armor is armor used by armored vehicles and in personal armor for its attenuative properties.

Personnel
Ceramic body armour plates

Ceramic plates (also known as trauma plates) are commonly used as inserts in soft ballistic vests. Most ceramic plates used in body armor provide National Institute of Justice Type III protection, allowing them to stop rifle bullets. Ceramic plates are a form of composite armor. Insert plates may also be manufactured from steel or ultra high molecular weight polyethylene.

A ceramic plate is usually slipped into the outer layer of a soft armor vest. There may be two plates, one in the front and one in the back, or one universal plate on either front or back. Some vests permit the usage of small plates on the sides for additional protection.

Ceramic plates issued by the United States military are called Enhanced Small Arms Protective Inserts

Enjoy777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ceramic watches are far too heavy. And being brittle, it is not worth the risk to have such a watch. Titanium watches is much better. Strong and light weight.

Anybody owns a ceramic bracelet watch such as Rado or Tag Heuer?

Ceramic adds a nice and classy gloss to the surface of the bracelet. While scratches on stainless steel chrome can be remedied with brasso, I wonder ceramic will peel off over time.

cat_centrix_561_0034_3_071.png

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ceramic armor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ceramic armor is armor used by armored vehicles and in personal armor for its attenuative properties.

Personnel
Ceramic body armour plates

Ceramic plates (also known as trauma plates) are commonly used as inserts in soft ballistic vests. Most ceramic plates used in body armor provide National Institute of Justice Type III protection, allowing them to stop rifle bullets. Ceramic plates are a form of composite armor. Insert plates may also be manufactured from steel or ultra high molecular weight polyethylene.

A ceramic plate is usually slipped into the outer layer of a soft armor vest. There may be two plates, one in the front and one in the back, or one universal plate on either front or back. Some vests permit the usage of small plates on the sides for additional protection.

Ceramic plates issued by the United States military are called Enhanced Small Arms Protective Inserts

With these crap you want to claim to know about armour and ceramic?

Just give me your answer to these questions:

1. what is the chemical composition of the ceramic used in Bionix
2. how thick is the ceramic tile
3. what is the high density polyethylene used in Bionix
4, what is the ceramic used in the Bronco aka ATTC
5. which vehicle can better take a CG round
6. which ceramic has MOH hardness of 9.85

You know shit abt armour unless you can answer above questions!! Dun come here n bullshit

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
With these crap you want to claim to know about armour and ceramic?

Just give me your answer to these questions:

1. what is the chemical composition of the ceramic used in Bionix
2. how thick is the ceramic tile
3. what is the high density polyethylene used in Bionix
4, what is the ceramic used in the Bronco aka ATTC
5. which vehicle can better take a CG round
6. which ceramic has MOH hardness of 9.85

You know shit abt armour unless you can answer above questions!! Dun come here n bullshit

NO whimper from frenchie brief........ meaning it was empty boast when he wrote: .........do u even know what ceramic is?it is used to make bulletproof armour and kevlar,unless u are entering orbit in a space shuttle at 13,000 km/h with temperatures of up to 4000c.....that shit is not going to peel off ever.

Talk is cheap......... no need to boast here, there are always someone here who knows a lot more than you frenchieunderwear

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NO whimper from frenchie brief........ meaning it was empty boast when he wrote: .........do u even know what ceramic is?it is used to make bulletproof armour and kevlar,unless u are entering orbit in a space shuttle at 13,000 km/h with temperatures of up to 4000c.....that shit is not going to peel off ever.

Talk is cheap......... no need to boast here, there are always someone here who knows a lot more than you frenchieunderwear

Lol.......All I did was mentioned a general fact that ceramic is used in body armour,but that's not the point,some guy comes along and shots his mouth off and stick his mouth in his foot without even thinking or googling maybe there's such a thing as ceramic armour.and another psycho comes up barking..... apparently u cannot mention a simple generic fact unless u know everything about it down to its molecular composition it's chemistry,it's composite alloys,it's tensile strength blah blah blah.apparently u can't mention something about nutrition unless u have a master's in food science and PhD in biology or u can't take a plane unless u are ace pilot with 13 silver crosses.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ceramic bezel on my watch seem to hold very well after 6 years. As for it being on the link, that is a harder question to answer. Definitely scratch resistance vs brittleness