• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Botak Jones founder (Bernie Utchenik) recovering from heart attack (3 Feb 2017)

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
who's this Bernie fella ??? :confused:

Botak Jones founder recovering from heart attack

20170203_bigberns-.jpg

Mr Bernie Utchenik resting in the hospital after he suffered from a heart attack.

The owner of the casual Big Bern's American Grill chain, Mr Bernard Utchenik - better known as Bernie, suffered a heart attack on Feb 1 and underwent heart surgery at Changi General Hospital yesterday noon (Feb 2). His wife, Mrs Zee Utchenik, said in an e-mail that the "artery to the left side of the heart was fully blocked". Doctors had to insert a balloon catheter through his right wrist to open the artery and insert two stents.

Speaking to The Straits Times on the phone, Mr Utchenik, 65, sounded upbeat and said that the heart attack came without warning.

He says: "There was no pain, but I had been feeling shortness of breath and it was getting worse. Even going from one room to another became difficult. I went to the polyclinic for a check up, and the nurse said that I was showing symptoms of a heart attack."

He is "recovering well", and is expecting to go home on Sunday.

It is business as usual for the Big Bern's American Grill outlets at Toa Payoh North, Timbre+ at one-north and Depot Lane. Mr Utchenik, the creator of the American grill Botak Jones, sold that brand off five years ago.

He says: "My guys are well-trained to handle the food, so things should be fine. We are just hoping that business picks up after the Chinese New Year period."

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
biz so bad must chut pattern to attract free advertisement?

Serious lah. This chap really surrender his usa passport for a sgp one to marry the minah 12 years younger. Then he made his millions and blew it all away. And got mental :biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
A angmoh entrepreneur need to go polyclinic to get subsidised treatment :cool:

Mysterious fella indeed. Others are prepared to be refugees and all just to get the coveted green card. But this fella threw it away just to get the sgp senior citizen card :(

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mysterious fella indeed. Others are prepared to be refugees and all just to get the coveted green card. But this fella threw it away just to get the sgp senior citizen card :(
the answer is simply that the 12 years younger minah has and is, the link - card :wink:
that this botak felt out of breath many times, is the cause as the minah continues milking him dry :p

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

AMDK recognizes how great it is to live under PAP's leadership.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is one unusual guy. 3 business failures, with one major success and lost his house and still giving it a go. At his age, most would have given up. One thing that surprised me was he sending his staff for Service Training, the same module that SIA ran for its middle managers. It would have cost his business an arm and a leg. I get the sense that he is a people person and takes pride with his product but struggles with partners who might be more savvy.