• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SPG married to UK angmo for 25 yrs deported back to Zikapore, never applied UK PR?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Gran being deported to Singapore despite being married to Brit for 27 years admits she's "frightened" at prospect[/h][h=2]Irene Clennel, 52, said she was driven to a deportation centre feeling "like some sort of criminal" after attending a "routine" appointment with immigration reporting staff[/h]
PAY-PROD-GMN_CLENNEL_DEPORTATION_07JPG.jpg

A gran who has been married to a Brit for 27 years is being deported from the UK to her native Singapore.
Irene Clennel, 52, attended a “routine” appointment with immigration reporting staff, but was arrested, held overnight in a police cell, then driven to a detention centre.
She arrived in Britain in 1988 then was granted indefinite leave to stay 25 years ago due to her marriage to John.
But the Home Office told her last year she must leave.

PAY-PROD-JS110823542.jpg

Speaking from the detention centre where she awaits deportation, Irene said: “It happened so quickly. I was driven [here] feeling like some kind of criminal.
[h=5]Read More[/h] “The prospect of being sent to Singapore is frightening. I have nothing there, no home, no employment, no family. I’d be completely lost and far from my husband, sons and granddaughter.
“I understand not everyone can come into the UK and stay, but surely I should be treated differently. I hope common sense will win, but I’m frightened.”

John, 50, a former gas fitter now cared for by Irene after a prolonged illness, said: “We open our doors to everyone, then pick on those who have a life here. She’s never taken a handout from this government and has been a good, decent person.”
Irene and John, whose sons are in their mid-20s, went to live in Singapore from 1993 to 1998 because her parents got cancer.

On her return to Britain, Irene fought to regain indefinite leave to remain here.

The Home Office granted it again in 2008, said Irene, of Ouston, Co Du*rham.
Nazek Ramadan, director of campaign group Migrant Voice, said the drive towards migration caps is tearing families apart.
The Home Office said: “All applications for leave to remain in the UK are considered on their individual merits and in line with the immigration rules.”

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SPG married to UK angmo for 25 yrs deported back to Zikapore, never applied UK PR

I read comments on BBC Facebook account. This lady is quite strange that she maintains her Singapore citizenship despite her parents passing on and living most of her married life in UK.
Also weird her husband is sick with UK govt deporting her.

Fugitive

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SPG married to UK angmo for 25 yrs deported back to Zikapore, never applied UK PR

First of all I am very sure the U.K. Government will never deport anyone without any good reason. Living in a country 27 years and still not got citizenship is very suspicious moreover married to a citizen of the host country. There are more to what we are reading.

Coincidentally this happened to an Indian. The racial discrimination card will soon fly believe you me this is typical Indian strategy. Now this desi is simply acting blur like she don't know why the Royal Immigration is throwing her out.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I read comments on BBC Facebook account. This lady is quite strange that she maintains her Singapore citizenship despite her parents passing on and living most of her married life in UK.

Apparently she broke her visa rule when she came back in mid 90s to take care of her dying parents.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is what happened when petty pappies refuse to let sinkies hold dual citizenships except for themselves.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

i also thought so. In fact, its plenty of time to apply for and get a PR, no need to have even a citizenship. But apparently, she does not even have a PR. I don't what is the legal status of indefinite leave. Also, the family members like the son have been very quiet, not rallying support for their mother. Once she is deported, is she considered persona non grata by the UK govt?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

First of all I am very sure the U.K. Government will never deport anyone without any good reason. Living in a country 27 years and still not got citizenship is very suspicious moreover married to a citizen of the host country. There are more to what we are reading.

Coincidentally this happened to an Indian. The racial discrimination card will soon fly believe you me this is typical Indian strategy. Now this desi is simply acting blur like she don't know why the Royal Immigration is throwing her out.

She might have committed some crime while she was in the UK. Maybe drink driving or shop lifting or something like that. Which would mean that if she had applied for a PR in the UK, it might have been declined if she has some criminal record.