• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Whistleblowers accuse SQ of killing Stewardess in SFO, probably true

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]SIA refutes netizen's claims over MC rules[/h]
np_20170204_sia04-suz_149496663.jpg
PHOTO: REUTERS

[h=3]Airline says it is a 'disciplinary lapse' for crew members to work with an MC[/h]
Adeline Tan

Feb 04, 2017 06:00 am

When the death of Singapore Airlines air stewardess, Vanessa Yeap, 38, was reported, tributes began pouring in for her.
She was found dead in a San Francisco hotel room on Feb 1 (Singapore time) by her colleagues after she failed to turn up at the lobby for the return flight to Singapore.
She was reportedly ill two days before the incident.
The cause of death is still under investigation by the authorities there.
A Facebook user, Philip Lim, on Thursday claimed SIA crew avoid taking sick leave even when ill because it would affect their chances of a promotion.
He also claimed SIA rewards its flight crew if they maintain an MC-free year.

He did not reply to queries from The New Paper yesterday.

SIA refuted his claims.
An SIA spokesman told TNP yesterday that there is no reward for maintaining an MC-free record.
She said an MC-free record is a reflection of personal pride and an indication of an employee who manages his health well.
Crew members who are given medical leave are encouraged to rest and recuperate at home. Operating with an MC is a disciplinary lapse SIA spokesman​
TNP spoke to two air stewardesses who said there are two categories of medical certificates - casual and non-casual.
Both of them declined to be named.
They said when a cabin crew member takes an MC because of a flu or minor ailments such as stomach ache and fever, it is considered a casual MC.
One of them, who has been with the company for several years, said when they take a casual MC, it can affect their promotion prospects and renewal of contract.
[h=2]FEAR[/h] She claimed she has not taken a casual MC for the past eight years for fear it would affect her record.
She said: "It prevents people from abusing MCs, but if you're sick it is a whole different thing.
"It is easy to spread the flu especially when you are in an enclosed area and the air doesn't circulate."
They said more serious conditions, such as conjunctivitis or torn muscles, are considered non-casual MCs and they will not be penalised for taking them.
np_20170204_sia04-suz_149496663.jpg
PHOTO: REUTERS
The SIA spokesman added: "Crew members who are given medical leave are encouraged to rest and recuperate at home.
"Operating with an MC is a disciplinary lapse.
"Crew members are granted up to 28 days of paid medical leave and six months of paid hospitalisation (non-casual) leave due to chronic or prolonged illness.
"Crew members diagnosed with tuberculosis or cancer are given additional paid leave."
Mr Lim had also claimed points are deducted from crew members' annual service performance for every MC they take.
In response to this, the spokesman said: "As with all other businesses, employee productivity and attendance at work is important for a successful airline operation.
"Although crew attendance is a component in the performance management process, we would like to emphasise that crew performance is nonetheless still measured across many other factors."
The second air stewardess said the MC practice should be reviewed.
She said: "We face issues such as jet lag, adjusting to different temperatures and meal times that could potentially affect our health.
"A flu can lead to severe consequences. So can that be considered casual?"

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was looking at Youtube & there are stewardess at Emirates who quit because of health reasons. Breathing the rarified air & the pressure changes take a toll on the human body e.g. Carrie Fisher(Princess Leia) suffered a heart attack while flying.

Airlines like Emirates will put pressure if you try to get an MC e.g. dock your pay, call you in for a lecture,.... SIA is a Spore GLC & since when have they cared for the health & welfare of their workers :rolleyes:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not take SIA. Royal Thai is better. I do not take airlines with ex staff that have liver transplant and think they are immortals. He was a cocksucker to the dead man and so thought he was an immortal. BTW, dead man never rose from the grave. I think already disassociated below ameoba level.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I was looking at Youtube & there are stewardess at Emirates who quit because of health reasons. Breathing the rarified air & the pressure changes take a toll on the human body e.g. Carrie Fisher(Princess Leia) suffered a heart attack while flying.

Airlines like Emirates will put pressure if you try to get an MC e.g. dock your pay, call you in for a lecture,.... SIA is a Spore GLC & since when have they cared for the health & welfare of their workers :rolleyes:

So, the whistle blower is correct then. I want to see how SQ is going to spin this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I do not take SIA. Royal Thai is better. I do not take airlines with ex staff that have liver transplant and think they are immortals. He was a cocksucker to the dead man and so thought he was an immortal. BTW, dead man never rose from the grave. I think already disassociated below ameoba level.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think that SQ should force sick crew to fly in other to maintain a perfect no MC record. If this stewardess was sick, had a flu, then what would have happened if she spread her germs to the passengers on the flight and infect them?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

fake lah.... the toll happens during hotel orgy sessions. if only they work as hard as they fuck, none of this would hv happen

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main point here remain is number of MC listed as KPI during appraisal? If it is, then there is nothing much for Sq to argue.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, I agree. I don't think that SQ should force sick crew to fly in other to maintain a perfect no MC record. If this stewardess was sick, had a flu, then what would have happened if she spread her germs to the passengers on the flight and infect them?

if this flight stopped by hk, very likely sick crew with fever would be picked up by hk body temperature scanners at disembarkation gate unless embarkation crew on leg to sfo had a layover in hk and got sick there.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stewardess told me this job can get memory loss easily. Fly at high altitude kills memory department in the brain.

She could be memory loss take wrong pills or one too many.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
if this flight stopped by hk, very likely sick crew with fever would be picked up by hk body temperature scanners at disembarkation gate unless embarkation crew on leg to sfo had a layover in hk and got sick there.

Don't the crew have a separate exit that they use? Not sure if there are temperature scanners located there.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shameful for lazy overpaid cabin crews to capitalize on dead stewardess for a bit more pay and MC. Probably a junkie like the other good for nothings. :cool:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every boss will consider MC taking from those who abuse the system in the appraisal process.

However SIA like all Airlines have issues where crew pull out from certain destinations such as India for obvious reasons. And their payslip has to be seen to be believed. It spells out every conceivable activity and the associated allowance. Its common knowledge that cabin crew who who are not feeling well tolerate in order to receive the flight allowance and not get marked down. I have no idea about this case, but it will be sad if that is the case.

The main point here remain is number of MC listed as KPI during appraisal? If it is, then there is nothing much for Sq to argue.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't the crew have a separate exit that they use? Not sure if there are temperature scanners located there.

sq flights returning to sin from sfo via hkg are parked at side of terminal where passengers and crew have to pass through scanner upon disembarkation and exit to common transit area. when approaching scanner, can see your temperature color on screens. passengers proceeding to sin have to go through security again before going upstairs to boarding area and crew go to immigration and customs and baggage pickup for their layover in hk. on return trip to sfo via hkg, plane is parked at end of terminal where 2nd level of security screening is required (including carry-on bag search) just after boarding at gate and before getting to door. there's a scanner upon entry to transit area from sin to hkg but no body temp screening for crew nor passengers on outbound leg from hkg to sfo. anyway, there's a change of crew at hkg.

Last edited:

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SIA is still my favorite airline. Their Suite Class is second to none when it comes to passenger service on board compared to other airlines. Emirates has 2 showers on board for their First Class passengers on their A380 flights but their passenger service is not consistent. It's the little things that adds up which make a huge difference in the overall flying experience.

Kudos to SIA and the PAP for a job well done!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
SIA is still my favorite airline. Their Suite Class is second to none when it comes to passenger service on board compared to other airlines. Emirates has 2 showers on board for their First Class passengers on their A380 flights but their passenger service is not consistent. It's the little things that adds up which make a huge difference in the overall flying experience.

Kudos to SIA and the PAP for a job well done!

Don't be a fucking moron lah. U fly first class on any airlines and the service will be very good. why don't you identify yourself as a sinkie and sit in coach on SQ and see how they treat you.