• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Big Leonard and NS policies

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raids on those on the defaulters list began in the 70s onwards and nothing has changed.

The dramatic "raids" (searches) that you speak off and try to conflate and weave into your bullshit story about TCM's apartment being "raided" are conducted by SAFMPC (then SAFPU) only for those (awolees and deserters) who have already enlisted as they are then subjected to the SAF Act provided they have not left and are still in Singapore.

Not one "raid" took place on TCM's apartment let alone a "few" or a "number of times" as you have claimed to know and have "checked". This is one of your many and usual TPX bullshit fairy tale that you pulled out of your ass.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe his Intel info on the raids are true.

The moral of the "raid" story ???

The 2 fatsos (bros) could be entering sgp illegally to see their grandfather.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that you are right. I have relatives that were in SAFPU and conducted some of these raids that Screwedball claim were used on Tan Chee Meng's house. The mostly go after deserters, and entry is fast and violent, But for people who never registered for NS, I think they send some plain clothes to the house to see where he is. They are very informed. They know who the relatives are, even the girlfriend. The will even go to the gf flat to look for him. For some one like Tan Chee Meng, there is no way they will conduct a full blown forced entry raid on his house, given that the sons are almost certainly White Horses during NS. Tan Chee Meng is a somebody, and that is a completely different tone that they use on people like him. More likely, just some polite inquiries will be made with him directly.

Yup, these searches by SAFPU (now SAFMPC) are for Awolees and deserters. They are not for pre-enlistees who have failed to enlist for NS. Pre-enlistees are dealt with under the Enlistment Act and CMPB Enlistment Officers carry out enquiries (not searches or "raids"), confirm the stories they are told (in this case confirmation with ICA) and both TCM sons' name will then be put on the Gazette, all ready to be arrested if and when they step into Singapore.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe his Intel info on the raids are true.

If you have been long enough in this forum, you will know him better and will realise that his "Intel info" are nothing more than TPX stories and bullshit based on lies, falsehoods and at best, half-truths that he regularly pull out of his ass to con the gullible.

You may want to pick up a few tips (see link below) on how to write like him to develop your "Intel info" skills and to write convincing bullshit. Guaranteed to fool the gullible, newer forummers and readers.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...&highlight=TPX

PAP David Ong and a short lesson on how to be a Tua Pau Xian

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that you are right. I have relatives that were in SAFPU and conducted some of these raids that Screwedball claim were used on Tan Chee Meng's house. The mostly go after deserters, and entry is fast and violent, But for people who never registered for NS, I think they send some plain clothes to the house to see where he is. They are very informed. They know who the relatives are, even the girlfriend. The will even go to the gf flat to look for him. For some one like Tan Chee Meng, there is no way they will conduct a full blown forced entry raid on his house, given that the sons are almost certainly White Horses during NS. Tan Chee Meng is a somebody, and that is a completely different tone that they use on people like him. More likely, just some polite inquiries will be made with him directly.

The 2 bros could have "registered" and done much more ( we will never know) to about 10 years ago. Last minute could have back out and did not turm up at cmpb :biggrin:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2 bros could have "registered" and done much more ( we will never know) to about 10 years ago. Last minute could have back out and did not turm up at cmpb :biggrin:

Ah Fat is 28 now. He left in Dec 2000 when he was 10/11. Pre-enlistees aged 13 and above need to apply for an exit permit if they travel or remain outside Singapore for 3 months or longer. They need to register for NS when they reach 16.5 years.

Those "3 letters"["National Service Registration" letters and likely reminders - see below] were sent to him when he reached the magical 16.5 years age. His parents and he ignored those letters and never registered.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/senior-counsels-son-gets-4-months-jail-for-ns-evasion

"Between Dec 1 that year [2005] and June 30, 2006, three letters were sent to their Singapore address, asking him to register for NS.

When he failed to turn up, officers from the Central Manpower Base (CMPB) went to the home in October and November of 2006."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Nothing about this case makes sense at all. Why the fuck would these 2 fat fucks come back from canada? Most sinkies would give their right testicles to migrate to canada.

No lah. I think at least almost half of sinkies don't have any testicles at all (they are female) so cannot say MOST sinkies lah.

Also some sinkies will say Singapore is their home mah. Why must migrate and leave the country they love? Their father sent them away when they were young. Now they realize their love for Singapore. They want to return to serve the country and fight for their beloved country and people.

I think they returned to Singapore to come to SBF and write more "truth articles" about PAP to fight for sinkies.

Very noble of them.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Until we have something like the Thirty-year rule or Freedom of Information Act , many things will never be known and I do not see it happening unless a new party comes power,unless........???who knows when???.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup, these searches by SAFPU (now SAFMPC) are for Awolees and deserters. They are not for pre-enlistees who have failed to enlist for NS. Pre-enlistees are dealt with under the Enlistment Act and CMPB Enlistment Officers carry out enquiries (not searches or "raids"), confirm the stories they are told (in this case confirmation with ICA) and both TCM sons' name will then be put on the Gazette, all ready to be arrested if and when they step into Singapore.

There is a small Unit in CMPB that deals with offences under the Enlistment Act and all its subsidiary legislation.
The officers are APOs, issued with police warrant card and vested with police powers as they are dealing with civilians.
Their duties /powers include enquiries, arrests, raids, investigations, preparation of IPs, etc. Prosecutions are done by AGC.

For long standing defaulters, the unit do conduct periodic visits, raids and searches at their residence.
In JT's case, the officers would have visited the father several times over the years, BUT will stop short of entering the house!

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ah Fat is 28 now. He left in Dec 2000 when he was 10/11. Pre-enlistees aged 13 and above need to apply for an exit permit if they travel or remain outside Singapore for 3 months or longer. They need to register for NS when they reach 16.5 years.

Those "3 letters"["National Service Registration" letters and likely reminders - see below] were sent to him when he reached the magical 16.5 years age. His parents and he ignored those letters and never registered.

He went overseas at 12+, just before 13, when he would need an Exit Permit and his parents would have to provide a banker's guarantee of half-a-year's salary for his return.
For TCM, it should be quite substantial. Having served in AGC, he would have knew of this requirement. He had save himself lots of $$$.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He went overseas at 12+, just before 13, when he would need an Exit Permit and his parents would have to provide a banker's guarantee of half-a-year's salary for his return.
For TCM, it should be quite substantial. Having served in AGC, he would have knew of this requirement. He had save himself lots of $$$.

Correct, so the there was no threat of the bond. Even less reason for these 2 sons to come back.

On the subject of the bond, the policy or lack thereof has been all over the place. Back in the 80s, It was 1 year's income of the father. I have seen bonds for as much as $1 million. after some protest, it was reduced and capped at $500K or something like that. Also, the bond can be reduced during the term of the exit permit even if not requested for reduction by the deferree. Then they decided that if the father is a civil servant, the bond amount will be capped at $50,000. The latest version is half a year salary from the father's side or $75K whichever is less. When the 2 boys were eligible for registration, I am not sure what version of the bond they were running.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the plan was full migration and the father to join them later. Many families in the defaulters list do this as they left too late; kid crossed the mark for full migration pathway and the eventual exemption of NS at age 21. In this case, it did not seem to work for them and I suspect its because of the father's career playing a factor and its difficult to operate as a family with such a distance involved. I do realise that the younger son would have qualified for full migration pathway and eventual exemption.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a small Unit in CMPB that deals with offences under the Enlistment Act and all its subsidiary legislation. The officers are APOs, issued with police warrant card and vested with police powers as they are dealing with civilians. Their duties /powers include enquiries, arrests, raids, investigations, preparation of IPs, etc. Prosecutions are done by AGC.

For long standing defaulters, the unit do conduct periodic visits, raids and searches at their residence. In JT's case, the officers would have visited the father several times over the years, BUT will stop short of entering the house!

Exactly. Pre-enlistees are dealt with under the Enlistment Act as "civilians" by CMPB and not under the SAF Act as "soldiers" where SAFMPC/(SAFPU) gets into action and start "raiding" properties.

CMPB's Enlistment Officers would never "raid" let alone enter TCM's apartment after he told them that his sons had emigrated. I assume no one was in when they first visited (not "raid") his apartment in Oct 2006 to enquire about his son's whereabouts and why his son had not enlisted. Hence, the need for a second visit in Nov 2006. They would check with ICA to confirm the story TCM told them about his sons having left the country. His sons' name would then be put on the Gazette and those visits would end. In short, no dramatic "raids" took place on TCM's apartment as claimed and as "checked" by TPX.

This forum would be a lot better if the resident TPX grows up, stick to the facts and not pull bullshit stories out of his ass as he constantly does in his juvenile and vain bid to show that he "knows" everything, is "well-connected", has "insider information" and that all the bullshit stories he pulls out of his ass are gospel truths and everyone who says otherwise are clueless, lying, "fellating", etc.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Exactly. Pre-enlistees are dealt with under the Enlistment Act as "civilians" by CMPB and not under the SAF Act as "soldiers" where SAFMPC/(SAFPU) gets into action and start "raiding" properties.

CMPB's Enlistment Officers would never "raid" let alone enter TCM's apartment after he told them that his sons had emigrated. I assume no one was in when they first visited (not "raid") his apartment in Oct 2006 to enquire about his son's whereabouts and why his son had not enlisted. Hence, the need for a second visit in Nov 2006. They would check with ICA to confirm the story TCM told them about his sons having left the country. His sons' name would then be put on the Gazette and those visits would end. In short, no dramatic "raids" took place on TCM's apartment as claimed and as "checked" by TPX.

This forum would be a lot better if the resident TPX grows up, stick to the facts and not pull bullshit stories out of his ass as he constantly does in his juvenile and vain bid to show that he "knows" everything, is "well-connected", has "insider information" and that all the bullshit stories he pulls out of his ass are gospel truths and everyone who says otherwise are clueless, lying, "fellating", etc.

Screwedball is a fucking asshole. Pretends to know everything. Then pretends to be anti PAP. Then when elections come, he goes and attacks the oppo. A true sinkie asshole, see these guys everyday.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this old lady also happens to be the supermod, having immense power on the forum to do damage. in any so called whistleblower, gossip and story-telling and sharing forum, it's better for the collective village to chime in instead of allowing a single self-claimed authority figure with constant name droppings and unverified boasts of insider info to rule the roost and character-assassinate anyone who contradicts hisher claims and doesn't fellate and inflate hisher ego. the days of that single self-claimed superego authority figure is over as more in the know step forward to expose this fraud. sbf forummers have been conned for too long. thank you guys for collectively correcting the half truths and outright lies.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am basing the age he emigrated based on reports that he is 28 now and emigrated 18 years ago in Dec 2000. This means he would have emigrated when he was about 10/11. We won't know exactly as his month of birth has not been reported. It should be in Jun/July though as his first "Registration for NS" letter (sent by CMPB within 2 weeks after one reaches 16.5) was in Dec 2005. This would mean he emigrated when he was about 11.5 years (again assuming he was a Jun/Jul baby).

But that's not crucial. What is important is that he passed that magical age of 10 when he emigrated. It is an arbitrary age that the Singapore Government deems one to have "enjoyed substantial socio-economic benefits" which then requires these kids to serve NS. The age may have changed to 8 but I don't want to pull stories out of my ass to claim that this 8 is gospel truth without being able to source it or provide evidence. So, that age of 8 is strictly speculative.

I can't believe he thought he could get away. Either that or he was blissfully ignorant of the rules which is equally shocking considering his "status". If not, it would mean he is hopelessly lacking in foresight and failed to realise that come one day, his sons would in all likelihood, have to return to Singapore for one reason or another before their deaths.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
this old lady also happens to be the supermod, having immense power on the forum to do damage. in any so called whistleblower, gossip and story-telling and sharing forum, it's better for the collective village to chime in instead of allowing a single self-claimed authority figure with constant name droppings and unverified boasts of insider info to rule the roost and character-assassinate anyone who contradicts hisher claims and doesn't fellate and inflate hisher ego. the days of that single self-claimed superego authority figure is over as more in the know step forward to expose this fraud. sbf forummers have been conned for too long. thank you guys for collectively correcting the half truths and outright lies.

Fully agree. I try not to read or I try to gloss over his bullshit as I would always then feel compelled to correct them. In view of his numerous bullshit tales, it would take one to work full time in this forum to correct his TPX stories and bullshit. So, its great that more in the know are stepping out to correct his TPX fairy tales even as he resorts to his usual sneering arrogance and lame insults when they do so.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
My two cents' worth is that the father or the family thought at the time of leaving that they could burn bridges and then the problem will not even surface. But one never knows in life...a loved one is dying or very sick, and then the heart strings and conscience tug ever constantly, so the resistance to stay away gets worn down..

I am basing the age he emigrated based on reports that he is 28 now and emigrated 18 years ago in Dec 2000. This means he would have emigrated when he was about 10/11. We won't know exactly as his month of birth has not been reported. It should be in Jun/July though as his first "Registration for NS" letter (sent by CMPB within 2 weeks after one reaches 16.5) was in Dec 2005. This would mean he emigrated when he was about 11.5 years (again assuming he was a Jun/Jul baby).

But that's not crucial. What is important is that he passed that magical age of 10 when he emigrated. It is an arbitrary age that the Singapore Government deems one to have "enjoyed substantial socio-economic benefits" which then requires these kids to serve NS. The age may have changed to 8 but I don't want to pull stories out of my ass to claim that this 8 is gospel truth without being able to source it or provide evidence. So, that age of 8 is strictly speculative.

I can't believe he thought he could get away. Either that or he was blissfully ignorant of the rules which is equally shocking considering his "status". If not, it would mean he is hopelessly lacking in foresight and failed to realise that come one day, his sons would in all likelihood, have to return to Singapore for one reason or another before their deaths.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My two cents' worth is that the father or the family thought at the time of leaving that they could burn bridges and then the problem will not even surface. But one never knows in life...a loved one is dying or very sick, and then the heart strings and conscience tug ever constantly, so the resistance to stay away gets worn down..

I am pretty sure it is because the father cannot make it in Canada. Went back to work. Go to Canada usually means start in an entry level job eg cashier, labourer, cleaner, fast food etc. SC TCM the Atas type cannot bring himself down to that level. So go the easy way. Go back Singapore and work in his old job. That is where all the problem arises. I am sure there is more to the story. With his wife and kids in Canada did he pay income tax to CRA?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
His ex-colleagues and those who have known him have indicated that he did not resign or take a leave of absence. So he might not have left to migrate except for the 1st entry stamp and the occasional holidays for family visits. It could be the wife or the plan to go there after retirement. His heart might not even be in it as the days went by. Anyway everyone in his family appears to have Canadian citizenship so he might eventually retire there. Migration is always done with mixed emotions and these change over a period of time.

I am pretty sure it is because the father cannot make it in Canada. Went back to work. Go to Canada usually means start in an entry level job eg cashier, labourer, cleaner, fast food etc. SC TCM the Atas type cannot bring himself down to that level. So go the easy way. Go back Singapore and work in his old job. That is where all the problem arises. I am sure there is more to the story. With his wife and kids in Canada did he pay income tax to CRA?