• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Wing Tai Holdings

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai along with City Dev was recommended by the broking houses a few weeks ago. I did buy WT at 1.70 but not City Dev . Just about breaking even now.

so far, STI is down 27pts, down 0.9%. But Wing Tai is up 1%. Not bad for a day's work when overall market is down

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup . The people park sales man who became a milti billionaire. The one who pledged his unfailing love for mm lee but delisted osim less than 1 year after mm passing.

I think some companies will delist this year. SGX is not attractive

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ckmpd jiejie, thanks for new shares tips, will look into buying. Need to sell some shares first to raise fund.

I bought another share Fraser H Trust @ $0.66, good dividend, expecting 8% if payout similar to last year.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup . The people park sales man who became a milti billionaire. The one who pledged his unfailing love for mm lee but delisted osim less than 1 year after mm passing.

Got money laundry? How to sell osim massage chairs until became multi billionaire?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
ckmpd jiejie, thanks for new shares tips, will look into buying. Need to sell some shares first to raise fund.

I bought another share Fraser H Trust @ $0.66, good dividend, expecting 8% if payout similar to last year.

All the best in your investments. May you get good returns on your investments

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If good ones all delist, nothing left to invest in sgx except rubbish and speculations. I only know how to buy sgx shares...

it is quite expensive to remain listed on SGX. Some smaller counters prefer to delist. Some property counters are considering delisting because of the penalties they hv to pay for unsold properties

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont just take my advice wholesale. Do your own due diligence and calculations. Every investor is different as we have different risk profiles. Buy only what you can afford and dont over extend yourself

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont just take my advice wholesale. Do your own due diligence and calculations. Every investor is different as we have different risk profiles. Buy only what you can afford and dont over extend yourself

Thanks, will do so. Wing tai on average gives 6c dividend, around 3%. If get stuck, collect annual dividend :biggrin:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, will do so. Wing tai on average gives 6c dividend, around 3%. If get stuck, collect annual dividend :biggrin:

Due to slow sales, Wing Tai may not be able to sustain 6c dividend. Besides dividends, I also look at capital gains. I think there is some upside in the months ahead as it is a good stock

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fragrance boss made his fortune from shares price too, was he a multi-billionaire? Massage shares valued more than transit hotels?

Many people made their fortunes from shares previously. Peter Lim is one of them. But nowadays, such opportunities dont come easy

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is quite expensive to remain listed on SGX. Some smaller counters prefer to delist. Some property counters are considering delisting because of the penalties they hv to pay for unsold properties

Last time soilbuild delisted and later list back again. These sg companies not all can survive in foreign exchanges. Just like sinkies, not all can migrate, some came back and into the arms of their maids and pappies.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time soilbuild delisted and later list back again. These sg companies not all can survive in foreign exchanges. Just like sinkies, not all can migrate, some came back and into the arms of their maids and pappies.

Wing Tai is considered a candidate for delisting

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wing Tai is considered a candidate for delisting

"There is also delisting speculation swirling around property companies such as Wing Tai Holdings and Ho Bee Land. "The delisting of local brand names does deprive investors of the opportunity to invest in them and participate in their growth stories," said EY Asean and Singapore managing partner Max Loh, without naming any particular counter"

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
"There is also delisting speculation swirling around property companies such as Wing Tai Holdings and Ho Bee Land. "The delisting of local brand names does deprive investors of the opportunity to invest in them and participate in their growth stories," said EY Asean and Singapore managing partner Max Loh, without naming any particular counter"

Expensive to remain listed if volumes are low.

"According to the SGX website, a mainboard-listed firm is subject to an annual listing fee of up to $150,000, and up to $50,000 on the Catalist. This excludes other professional fees such as for audit and legal services, as well as director's fees, which are not dictated by the bourse."