• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie WW2 vet says even back then Sinkies have no balls, but forgot to mention the 2

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Biggest traitors, jap collaborators, and turncoats SR Nathan and Old Fart.

SINGAPORE: In Mr Ishwar Lall Singh's Yishun home, the fragments of his military past have lost their shine. A faded peak cap sits on a worn coffee table, sharing the space with long service medals, epaulettes and an old sword caked in rust. But while parts of his uniform have faded, the 87-year-old's memories of Singapore’s fall to the Japanese remain fresh.
mr-ishwar-s-medals-cap-data.jpg

[h=3](Photo: Kenneth Lim) [/h]​
"I was a young 12-, 13-year-old boy,” Mr Ishwar said. “There was a lot of shelling and bombing, a lot of destruction of property, a lot of people being killed - I saw some dead people, with worms crawling in them. I saw that myself."
Mr Ishwar is a survivor of World War II and part of a group of 61 former veterans and national servicemen who share their experiences regularly with students and active servicemen, as part of a Ministry of Defence programme. Since the programme began in early 2015, the group has reached more than 12,000 individuals, including students from more than 80 schools as well as more than 8,000 people in the Singapore Armed Forces.
"We had to queue up for a few rations of corn bread (which was) difficult to eat, rice and some vegetables,” said Mr Ishwar. “This was given on a whim and fancy - it was not a regular thing. Sometimes we queued up and waited for the ration truck to come, and it never came."
But for him, the Japanese Occupation was about more than going without food.
"We lost our independence; we were not able to do what we wanted when we wanted. We lost that,” Mr Ishwar said. “The Japanese restricted us from doing quite a lot of things. For example, if you wanted to go to a cinema, there was a fear that if you went to a cinema, you may not come back."
According to Mr Ishwar, Japanese soldiers would pack cinema audiences into trucks at the end of the shows, driving them to Bahar in Johor.
mr-ishwar-s-photos-data.jpg

[h=3]Mr Ishwar showing old photos from his collection. (Photo: Kenneth Lim)[/h]​
“We were under British rule, who were not actually looking after us at that time,” he said. “The Japanese were able to force themselves into Singapore because we were not willing fighters. We did not have Singaporeans who were fighting to defend their own country."
But Mr Ishwar was not one of them. He joined the Indian National Army in 1943. Years later, after working as a trishaw rider, storeman and laundry clerk, he joined the Singapore Volunteer Corps, known today as the People's Defence Force.
"We kept growing,” he said of the Singapore Armed Forces’ predecessor. “We kept getting better, we started to build camps, we had our National Day Parades, which were very obvious to show that the people were united. We realised the importance of being a free people.”
This year marks the 75th anniversary of Singapore's fall. And today, the father of three and grandfather of seven said his fight is against complacency, or making sure Singaporeans do not forget “the price of freedom”.
"I am afraid that people in Singapore are not yet aware of this - partly I blame the Government,” he said wryly. “Because we have been at peace for 50 years - that's the Government's efficiency, the Government's effectiveness, but this has made people (assume) that nothing is going to happen."
"WE WILL HAVE TO UNITE"
While Mr Ishwar regularly shares his story as part of the engagement programme, this is only the beginning for the retired major.
"My hope for Singapore is that it will grow, (that) it will grow peacefully, it will be allowed to grow,” he said. “We will not be bullied, we will not accept bullying - we will have to unite."
mr-singh-data.jpg

He said one way to do so is to ensure racial harmony truly exists in Singapore.
"The word 'Singaporean' must be understood by everybody,” he said, citing weddings or festivals as one way people of different races could get to know each other better.

“We should look at each other as that - not as Chinese, Malay or Indian. This is something we need to understand, to raise our children to think along those lines. If we can begin to understand these things, we will begin to respect each other's religion. We will begin to respect each other's race; we will begin to respect each other's doings."
“We must always remember that a little spark in the wrong time at the wrong place can cause a lot of problems for Singaporeans,” he added. “And we don't want that peaceful time that we've had for 50 years to be shattered."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Sinkie WW2 vet says even back then Sinkies have no balls, but forgot to mention t

Since this year is the 75th anniversary of the Fall of Singapore, and since the PAP has a hard on for commemorating it, perhaps we should examine the 2 dark chapters that have been assiduously avoided, glossed over, or glorified by the PAP and the compliant press.

The role of Old Fart and his work with the Japanese. he has all sorts of reasoning for that. mainly centred around the fact that well, he needed a job and the Japs were hiring. really? Lots of people would not have worked for the Japanese even if they were offered a job by them. But this morally bankrupt Hakka Jew had no qualms about taking the job. Why is this not even an issue with retarded sinkies? I don't care what his job was, but anyone working for the Japs mean they have in some way small or big contributed to the subjugation of singapore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie WW2 vet says even back then Sinkies have no balls, but forgot to mention t

Since this year is the 75th anniversary of the Fall of Singapore, and since the PAP has a hard on for commemorating it, perhaps we should examine the 2 dark chapters that have been assiduously avoided, glossed over, or glorified by the PAP and the compliant press.

The role of Old Fart and his work with the Japanese. he has all sorts of reasoning for that. mainly centred around the fact that well, he needed a job and the Japs were hiring. really? Lots of people would not have worked for the Japanese even if they were offered a job by them. But this morally bankrupt Hakka Jew had no qualms about taking the job. Why is this not even an issue with retarded sinkies? I don't care what his job was, but anyone working for the Japs mean they have in some way small or big contributed to the subjugation of singapore.

To the brainwashed dumbfucks LKY is GOD.
His word is the gospel.
He can do no wrong.
To even suggest otherwise is blasphemy.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not afraid of Japanese soldiers. I am more afraid of their army of AV stars. Singapore men will easily and happily surrender their guns.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GG,NS is a farce.what is the point of hardware when the body and soul is not willing.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

I chanced to see this segment of interviewing this bayi. And I fell off my sofa on 2 points he made. I did not pay attention to the other segments so I won't comment on other parts.

Firstly: bayi said the Jap 'forced' their way into SG. According to history books I read in school, the Brits was expecting the Japs to come from south via sea. That's why all artilleries, bunkers, etc were in south and in Sentosa. And the Japs rode they bicycles from JB like we now rode bicycles in East Coast Park.

Second : this bayi said to effect no sinkies stood up to defend. I would advise him to Please refer to history books. I also was taught there were local resistance forces trying to stop them but these gallant soup-up defenders were no match for the Battle-hardened Japs. If history books are correct, this bayi discredited their sacrifice.

From the interview, this bayi was self glorifying throughout the interview and put blame on and insulted all sinkies at that time as balless. He conveniently avoided mentioning his British master and their role/mistake in defending the island.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wish to ask bayi does he know why to be executed sinkies were willing to be on their knees and wait for execution instead of biting off at least 1 jap soldier ear or body meat ?
Is it they thought never bite still have a survival chance ? [SUB][/SUB]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I chanced to see this segment of interviewing this bayi. And I fell off my sofa on 2 points he made. I did not pay attention to the other segments so I won't comment on other parts.

Firstly: bayi said the Jap 'forced' their way into SG. According to history books I read in school, the Brits was expecting the Japs to come from south via sea. That's why all artilleries, bunkers, etc were in south and in Sentosa. And the Japs rode they bicycles from JB like we now rode bicycles in East Coast Park.

Second : this bayi said to effect no sinkies stood up to defend. I would advise him to Please refer to history books. I also was taught there were local resistance forces trying to stop them but these gallant soup-up defenders were no match for the Battle-hardened Japs. If history books are correct, this bayi discredited their sacrifice.

From the interview, this bayi was self glorifying throughout the interview and put blame on and insulted all sinkies at that time as balless. He conveniently avoided mentioning his British master and their role/mistake in defending the island.

U put words into others mouth,and u advise someone who has lived thru time itself and seen it all first hand to pls refer to history books.

Sure to say that no sinkies stood up for sinkieland is ludicrous,I'm sure they mustered up some sort of a fighting force but I'm willing to bet my left nut that 90% of the kiasu kiasee sinkie chink population were unwilling to fight.not to mention the account of history books outside of our mainstream textbooks that the Japs were exhausted and stretched to their limits and on the brink of giving up if Singapore did not surrender after a mere two weeks of fighting.compared to the Russians,surrender was not a luxury they had.even if it meant two million of them dieing in Stalingrad.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

He missed out something glaringly.Why he did not condemned the traitors collaborating as Japanese interpreters and translators ?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He missed out something glaringly.Why he did not condemned the traitors collaborating as Japanese interpreters and translators ?

because among them, there were the founding father and the president. that's the true sinkie tragedy, stupidly worshipping traitors of the land as heroes.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bcos he is a collaborator...He joined the Indian national army...Tat was formed by the Japs for ah nehs to fight the poms

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if Thailand didn't collude with Japan and allowed them to invade Malaya from the North, the British might have several weeks to react and make alternate plans for the defense of Malaya and Singapore. time changes everything, during wartime, a battle can be won or lost in a day. Thailand fucked up everything, and got off scot-free at the end of ww2.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

of course lah.......later kena squirted to death by the AV stars...........

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not afraid of Japanese soldiers. I am more afraid of their army of AV stars. Singapore men will easily and happily surrender their guns.

of course lah.......later kena squirted to death by the AV stars...........

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha....back to opium again.

Mainly Chinese population Sinkies were opium drugged by pommies British Empire. Already half fucked opium addicts where can defend.

Japanese came to free Sinkies from heavily opium drugged by pommies opium monopoly.

Give up Singapore to the Jap to inherit a nation of Chinese drug addicts. Clever Pommies.

Japs started to kill Chinese to save money on drug rehabitation. No hope.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that was during the jap occupation,nothing to do with the battle of singapore.sinkies still fought like pussies and fags.except for the ten gurkha regiments in burma,malaysia and singapore that were recruited by the British.they fought gallantly and were the only soldiers worth having around.

Gurkhas fought in Syria, North Africa, Italy, Greece and against the Japanese in the jungles of Burma, northeast India and also Singapore.[34] They did so with considerable distinction, earning 2,734 bravery awards in the process[32] and suffering around 32,000 casualties in all theatres.[35]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

To the brainwashed dumbfucks LKY is GOD.
His word is the gospel.
He can do no wrong.
To even suggest otherwise is blasphemy.

I guess I am committing
blasphemy. Ooooh, I am so scared.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I will answer your points because I don't think they are as simple as you suggested.

1) The Japs did force their way into Singapore. this part is true. They did this by going thru almost the entire length of the Malay peninsula and basically defeating british forces there and entering our back door. The Brits had substantial forces in Malaya peninsular but the Japs forced them on the defensive and in the end, by cutting the water supply, they did force the surrender. So this Indian is right.

2) There were no organized resistance in singapore. this part is again right. Sinkies did not fight back. There was organized resistance in the malayan penisula thru the Malayan Communist Party, Malayan People's Anti Japanese Army, Force 136, etc. But they all operated in Malaya, either in the jungles or conducting guerilla warfare on the japs. But not in singapore. Unlike other occupied cities in the world, like Paris, where resistance fighters operated in the city against the Germans, no one in singapore picked up a gun and fought the Japs. Were there a weapons an ammo shortage? Most definitely not. The Brits should have hidden and buried caches of weapons and ammo before they were marched off to captivity and given the locations of these caches to the local resistance. But there was no one to give it to.

Before u call him a self glorifying bayi, be aware that he has had more battle experience then you and I and all the generals in the SAF put together, so show a little respect.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Wish to ask bayi does he know why to be executed sinkies were willing to be on their knees and wait for execution instead of biting off at least 1 jap soldier ear or body meat ?
Is it they thought never bite still have a survival chance ?

Ok, lets say in order to satisfy you, they did killed all the jap guards before they got machined gun and ran away, what would happen after that? ask yourself this question.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Exactly. Then the names Nathan and Old Fart would have come up. In fact, local chinese translators had a huge amount of power in the Japanese military. Some like Lee Yem Kong, ex-photographer from Johor, could negotiate terms of betrayal on behalf of turncoats, like Lee did for Lai Teck.