• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Apple is doomed

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple now has $246 billion in cash & they don't know what to do with it :smile:
The Iphone 7 was obviously popular because the sales blew away expectations & many are waiting for the iPhone 8 to be released later this year, the 10th anniversary model.

http://www.macrumors.com/

Apple Reports Record Results for 1Q 2017: $17.9B Profit on $78.4B Revenue, 78.3M iPhones

Apple today announced financial results for the first fiscal quarter of 2017, which corresponds to the fourth calendar quarter of 2016. For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $78.4 billion and net quarterly profit of $17.9 billion, or $3.36 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $75.9 billion and net quarterly profit of $18.4 billion, or $3.28 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Both revenue and earnings per share were company records in what is traditionally Apple's strongest quarter due to the launch of new iPhone models.

Gross margin for the quarter was 38.5 percent compared to 40.1 percent in the year-ago quarter, with international sales accounting for 64 percent of revenue. Apple also declared an upcoming dividend payment of $0.57 per share, payable on February 16 to shareholders of record as of February 13.

Apple sold a record 78.3 million iPhones during the quarter, up slightly from 74.8 million a year earlier, while Mac sales rose slightly to 5.4 million units from 5.3 million units in the year-ago quarter. iPad sales continued their recent declines, falling to 13.1 million from 16.1 million.

We’re thrilled to report that our holiday quarter results generated Apple’s highest quarterly revenue ever, and broke multiple records along the way. We sold more iPhones than ever before and set all-time revenue records for iPhone, Services, Mac and Apple Watch,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “Revenue from Services grew strongly over last year, led by record customer activity on the App Store, and we are very excited about the products in our pipeline.”

Apple's guidance for the second quarter of fiscal 2017 includes expected revenue of $51.5–53.5 billion and gross margin between 38 and 39 percent. Revenue guidance is slightly below analyst expectations.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gay phone already lost their final fans which are PRCs, and now worst because it is Ah Neh phone. Set to sink beyond hope.

Ang Moh Trump will confiscate their cash as Tax Evasion Penalty =$$FINE$$

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the hype on apple will be over in next 5 years. did you see the latest macbooks from them, who the fuck will want to touch screen above the keyboard? besides, do you know internally in the macbooks pros, it is not repairable. the compnonets are all soldered on. so if you spill drink over your macbook and want to repair it, you can only bring it back to them. see how they try to refuse other techies from repairing their computers shows how narrow sighted they are. i have been working on imacs and from their design, so meticulous and so fragile, delicate. i reckon their engineers are also gay pple.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the hype on apple will be over in next 5 years. did you see the latest macbooks from them, who the fuck will want to touch screen above the keyboard? besides, do you know internally in the macbooks pros, it is not repairable. the compnonets are all soldered on. so if you spill drink over your macbook and want to repair it, you can only bring it back to them. see how they try to refuse other techies from repairing their computers shows how narrow sighted they are. i have been working on imacs and from their design, so meticulous and so fragile, delicate. i reckon their engineers are also gay pple.

Ya 5 years is a lifetime in consumer tech.
And no not everyone is bothered or interested in MacBooks components....obviously you do not realised what makes Apple products so popular.
And not sure about tiongs ditching apple....just ask any tiongs on the street if they still desire an Apple you'll probably get the correct answer.
Lastly having more cash than they know what to do with it is better than high debt ratio machiam pap....I think pap might doomed before Apple.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple has not make a single cents from me till date whereas I made about 40k working as a slave for them :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are worried about the quality of an Apple product suggest you look at getting Applecare which gives an extra 2 years of warranry above the usual 1 year warranty.

With Apple products all repairs are done by replacing the whole part with an Apple certified part. The reason they only allow certified technician to repair machines is for quality purposes. Do you want any tom & dick ah beng to fool around with your Apple product or someone who is cerified by Apple:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple has not make a single cents from me till date whereas I made about 40k working as a slave for them :biggrin:

It is never easy to work for an american MNC. People don't stay for long because you have to meet targets & every time they have a new boss come in, you have to adjust to the new gang which the new boss brings with him/her.

At Apple they have a review every 6 months. If you fail to meet your goals, out you go.

However you do get some perks like share options, buying company shares at a discount, decent pay package, ...

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tim cook adopt differ ideas from steve jos.
Tim cook has even collaborate with 1 company which steve jobs hate...IBM.
Tim cook has focus into consumer market more than developing the new iphone.
Make consumer life easier with many apps in 1 phone.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is never easy to work for an american MNC. People don't stay for long because you have to meet targets & every time they have a new boss come in, you have to adjust to the new gang which the new boss brings with him/her.

At Apple they have a review every 6 months. If you fail to meet your goals, out you go.

However you do get some perks like share options, buying company shares at a discount, decent pay package, ...

The only thing I like working there is the no dress code culture - can even wear pyjamas to work :p
Also like to hang around the cafe machiam shopping center beo Korean chics:biggrin:
Pay packaged by aws+bonus so look good only actual is not good at all
Flexi$ decent
Main cons for me is the demerit points system . 1 min late also will get it . Better chow before they kick me out :biggrin:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Ah Q mentality" is very useful in sinkieland to avoid trouble :biggrin:

I doubt it's useful in any ways except for losers like you to wallow in denial. It's not even a defense mechanism so I dun think it'll help you avoid trouble.

Below a good interpretation of the term....

In modern Chinese language, the term the "Ah Q mentality" (阿Q精神, "Ā Q jīngshén") is used commonly as a term of mockery to describe someone who chooses not to face up to reality and deceives himself into believing he is successful, or has unjustified beliefs of superiority over others. It describes a narcissistic individual who rationalizes every single actual failure he faces as a psychological triumph ("spiritual victory").

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people switched to iPhone becos of securities in online purchase. Fucking Samsung like Microsoft don't bother to include securities.

Think will get new iPhone 8 when ready.

Tim cook adopt differ ideas from steve jos.
Tim cook has even collaborate with 1 company which steve jobs hate...IBM.
Tim cook has focus into consumer market more than developing the new iphone.
Make consumer life easier with many apps in 1 phone.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt it's useful in any ways except for losers like you to wallow in denial. It's not even a defense mechanism so I dun think it'll help you avoid trouble.

Below a good interpretation of the term....

In modern Chinese language, the term the "Ah Q mentality" (阿Q精神, "Ā Q jīngshén") is used commonly as a term of mockery to describe someone who chooses not to face up to reality and deceives himself into believing he is successful, or has unjustified beliefs of superiority over others. It describes a narcissistic individual who rationalizes every single actual failure he faces as a psychological triumph ("spiritual victory").

The interpretation is correct but one needs to be enlightened to find success and usefulness applying it.
Here is an example of how I used it to avoid a fight with someone in a coffee shop. A violent man shouted at me "kwa simi lj", I will quickly reply with a smiling n friendly gesture, ah hoe , long time no see..then he will step back and thought u know him..
And he will cool down. This will prevent a potential killing incident to take place. End result is a win. Better than end up with fighting and police case.

Another example, real case incident. when I was detained by mata, and investigated by io, I even thanks the io. Becos if I don't apply ah Q mentality, I will get into deeper troubles. The io said ..good u r very cooperative and decided not to charge me.

It is different as balless. As a balless person will apologise quickly whereas using ah Q method, you an still hold your head high to escape potential disasters.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doom? Have too much money is call doom? No wonder I keep people say it is thanks to the PAP we are all doomed! :rolleyes: