• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Apple is doomed

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If an android company is using the same processor isn't it a generic chip? Compared to Apple who is the only company that uses the faster ARM fusion.

If you read the article I've provided you'll see that the ARM fusion processor has the same performance as an Intel i5 Macbook Air. However it is still not as powerful as the Intel desktop processors like the i7. Don't forget that Apple offers the Mac Pro. Apple is probably getting a better price from Intel by doing volume purchases.

Currently it does not make financial sense to replace the Intel processors. The Apple ARM processor is good but not good enough to compete with the higher end Intel processors e.g. i7. Give it a few more iterations & it will improve. However don't forget that Intel is also working to improve their processors.

However If Intel fails to improve their processors then I wouldn't be surprise if Apple starts using ARM instead of Intel.

i dunno what the article is smoking,but a smartphone processor is vastly different from a laptop processor and a laptop processor is vastly different from a desktop processor.they are build according to their requirements and specs,namely mobility and power supply.there is no way a mobile phone chip running on a 3000mah battery is going to match the power and performance of a laptop cpu on a 14.8v 4400 mah battery and a desktop on a 120v power supply.even the most powerful laptop processor currently i7 is not 50 percent as powerful as a desktop i5 or i3 from years ago.

the closest thing comparable to ur apple smartphone processor is maybe a tablet.comparing a smartphone chip to a laptop cpu is pointless.ur benchmark with a i5 chip which is 5 year old technology is in a specific task,laptop and cpu processors can handle way more tasks and functions that a smartphone chip can and legacy codes,its like comparing apples with oranges.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Electronics come in a package. From power supply to microprocessor to output. How cam miss one supply chain.

Apple used to have a factory in Spore before they relocated to China. It may take time to set up the supply chain but given time anything is possible.

I was looking at refrigerator & found out that Whirlpool makes it's refrigerators in India :eek: Nowadays with globalisation anything is possible :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dunno what the article is smoking,but a smartphone processor is vastly different from a laptop processor and a laptop processor is vastly different from a desktop processor.they are build ....

They are packing more & more transistors into ever smaller packages. The ARM fusion chip has 3.3 billion transistors. The old Pentium chip only had 3.1 million transistors.

Have you heard of ENIAC? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC
It was a computer system from 1940's It was a very, ..very big system occupying a large room. It amazing how the technology has progressed. Who could have predicted that we would be carrying mini computers in our pockets that run on batteries :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heres another endorsement of apple products from random unrelated youtuber...

"why anyone would use an apple product in any kind of professional field is beyond me.....apples are toys for rich idiots,maybe u should get a samsung galaxy"

[video=youtube;7GLVic06MUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GLVic06MUc[/video]

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technology evolved and newer vesion flushed out the old version in 6 months.

Can cheating ah Neh catch up?

If ah Neh cannot produced made in India supply chains for the industry but rely on Chinese supply chains that makes no different. Then ah Neh is good at sub assembly only.

Do you know why there is a rush to go India?

Current average age of Ah Neh is 34 years old today and is a human resource young nation. Give 10 to 15 years ah Neh are 45 years old u see everybody leaving India.

Good watch in 2030 and beyond.

Apple used to have a factory in Spore before they relocated to China. It may take time to set up the supply chain but given time anything is possible.

I was looking at refrigerator & found out that Whirlpool makes it's refrigerators in India :eek: Nowadays with globalisation anything is possible :smile:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese are moving up the supply chains high tech machines and technology. Ah Neh can make pots and pans for you. Plastic slippers inclusive.

Ah Neh are lazy nation want office work jobs and factory are not for them. You see why ah Neh open legs get fucked by pommies for 300 years colonized for too long. Then came non violence, no gunboats diplomacy to rid of pommies. Ah Neh cannot make it type give take 15 years the games over.

China gunboats all the way to get rid of drug lord pommies and invader French.

Then panic of Yellow Peril pommies back off in china. But did not stop drug trafficking still supply opium in Singapore and Straits Settlement until 1961 independent day for Malaysia.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r right. Steve jobs the soul figure of the apple empire.
Now the soul is gone...ppl not sure where apple is heading. For now share price is currently at his peak.

Probably fade away into irrelevance, like IBM now.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't need to worry. apple owners are usually rich and stupid enough to buy complete replacements of their products.

repairing will prevent them from acquiring the latest apple gadget every year.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u want to know why apple is like crack cocaine?after 11 years apple still doesnt bother to set up a flagship store in SG,that shit is like crack cocaine and apple cant even distribute it fast enough apple is like fuck it,lets dump it on the streets to whoever wants to sell apple products.aint got time to build a chain of apple stores.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't need to worry. apple owners are usually rich and stupid enough to buy complete replacements of their products.

repairing will prevent them from acquiring the latest apple gadget every year.

If you visit the HDB heartlands, you will find 2nd had iPhones being sold at many handphone stores & many are quickly sold because they are popular.

My ex-colleague works for an MNC but he drives a second hand BMW. He didn't want to buy a brand new one & get hit with the hefty depreciation when he sold it. He also uses a 2nd hand iPhone.

Now you know how some people appear to be living the rich life :smile: