• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious New Comedian Minister Cheebye Hong "we have a reliable media". hahahhahahahahah

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This fucker Cheebye Hong Tat must be the highest paid standup comedian in the world. I am ROFLAO now.

Critical for Singapore to continue to have a reliable news source: Chee Hong Tat

File photo of Minister of State for Communications and Information, Mr Chee Hong Tat. (Photo: Ngau Kai Yan)
SINGAPORE: In the current environment where things happen very fast, it is critical for Singapore to continue to have a national broadcaster that people can turn to as a credible and reliable source of news.

Chee Hong Tat, Minister of State at the Ministry of Communications and Information, said this during a visit to Mediacorp on Saturday (Jan 28) to thank staff for working on the first day of the Chinese New Year and the good work carried out in the past year.
“I think it’s critical for us to continue to have a credible national broadcaster that Singaporeans can turn to as a credible and reliable source of news, and also to understand what’s happening around them both locally and (in) the region,” said Mr Chee.
He added that this is where a national broadcaster like Mediacorp can play a very important role: “We have to continue to work with Mediacorp, support capability developments so that we’re able to bring good quality programmes (and) good quality news through different platforms – whether it’s broadcast TV or online.”

Mr Chee also said that the Government will continue to work with Mediacorp in various areas such as in the digital space, looking at how to build up capabilities to be able to produce good quality content and news reports to strengthen Mediacorp’s role as Singapore’s national broadcaster.
“I think Mediacorp has done well in bringing good quality news and entertainment programmes to Singaporeans and now with news and entertainment shifting online, we have to continue to work hard to build up capabilities, on our online digital capabilities, so that we’re able to continue to reach out to Singaporeans through this platform,” he said.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
His mother is also the best lay in town.

These people have no moral principles..how can he said this when we are curtailed in our freedom by the controlled media and rank 154th on the world index..??

It shows they are despicable and speak untruth and their agenda is for self and party interest. And our nation is not moving forward with them at the helm.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice there are cabinet ministers and MPs who will never ever make such a statement. This is despite our local media is at rock bottom compared to even 3rd world Banana Republics. This guy must be so desperate to score that he is prepared to make this claim and I am sure that he must know that Singaporeans will laugh at it. Even Shanmugam, Yaacob or Lim Swee Say ever made the claim. I do remember Shanmugam touched on it but was careful with his words.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a funny cunt..Just 3rd day into year of rooster and this cunt make such a stupid falsehood statement.what a cunt.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading comprehension fail lah Papsmearer! He say it important to have credible media, not say our national broadcaster is very credible. Aiyoh! Typical opposition cockeye! :rolleyes:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment I see this comedian singing a Cantonese song on youtube,I immediately switch off.
First u have zorro ,now u have cheeby Hong,what next.We are paying millions to these useless chobolans.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment I see this comedian singing a Cantonese song on youtube,I immediately switch off.
First u have zorro ,now u have cheeby Hong,what next.We are paying millions to these useless chobolans.

....... I smashed the screen of my PC but I wasn't charged with murder of a despicable arsehole

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice there are cabinet ministers and MPs who will never ever make such a statement. This is despite our local media is at rock bottom compared to even 3rd world Banana Republics. This guy must be so desperate to score that he is prepared to make this claim and I am sure that he must know that Singaporeans will laugh at it. Even Shanmugam, Yaacob or Lim Swee Say ever made the claim. I do remember Shanmugam touched on it but was careful with his words.

The voters makes the decision :biggrin:

[video=youtube;hXkujb_aByo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXkujb_aByo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
People like this fucker who are PSC scholars and then went into the civil service really puzzle the hell out of me. I mean this asshole was a double major at UC Berkeley, the bastion of free and liberal thinking and of course, champion of the free press. Did this jackass not learn anything in all his time at Berkeley. If there is one thing that Berkeley should have taught it, it would have been to question authority. Berkeley must be embarrassed like fuck to graduate a moron like him.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Don't forget this gem from Cheebye Hong last year.

Home Corruption Minister Chee Hong Tat embarrassed himself in front of health professionals
CorruptionLatest NewsSingapore News
[h=1]Minister Chee Hong Tat embarrassed himself in front of health professionals[/h] written by admin June 13, 2016

Speaking at a conference with 180 doctors, dentists and insurance underwriters, Minister of State for Health, Chee Hong Tat, embarrassed himself with an unrelated example for his criticisms over the current healthcare model. Minister Chee said that the current healthcare system is unsustainable and inefficiency and gave the following example:
“Arm rests for patients doing blood tests used to be cleaned between patients and would be ready by the time the next patient arrived. But the procedure was changed for the arm rests to be cleaned in front of incoming patients — leading to time wasted waiting for them to dry. How does cleaning in front of people, compared to cleaning before the patient arrives, improve safety?”
The Minister’s question stunned his audience with many questioning the relevance to the point he is making. Minister Chee then went on to highlight a need to question the rules and purposes of certain procedures to improve efficiency.
Minister Chee was the former Principal Private Secretary of deceased Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew from 2008 to 2011. Despite having no experience in healthcare, he was appointed by PM Lee Hsien Loong as the Minister of State for Health.

"Arm rests for patients doing blood tests used to be cleaned between patients and would be ready by the time the next patient arrived. But the procedure was changed for the arm rests to be cleaned in front of incoming patients — leading to time wasted waiting for them to dry. How does cleaning in front of people, compared to cleaning before the patient arrives, improve safety?"
http://statestimesreview.com/…/minister-chee-hong-tat-emba…/

Minister Chee Hong Tat embarrassed himself in front of health professionals
Speaking at a conference with 180 doctors, dentists and insurance underwriters, Minister of State for Health, Chee Hong Tat, embarrassed himself with an unrelated example for his criticisms over th…
statestimesreview.com

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How about this one?

In a media interview with state media Straits Times, Minister of State Chee Hong Tat said that the government is very sincere when communicating with the people, and that people should not to be too cynical when reading state-sponsored messages:
“What we are doing here is communicating factual information to help people to better understand so that they are more aware of these schemes and how they can benefit. I hope people (will not) be too cynical. I accept that some amount of scepticism is going to be there regardless of whether it’s communications or any other policy area. But I also believe that the majority of Singaporeans can see that we are very sincere in this effort to reach out, to connect, to explain our policies, and most importantly to help (them) to understand and to benefit from the policies.”
Minister of Communications and Information Chee Hong Tat said he doesn’t think that government “communications” are wayang – a local term for theatrical performance often labelled on the ruling party dictatorship.
The newbie Minister was brought onto politics by getting a free ticket in Tampines GRC during the 2015 election reiterated his confidence claiming all government policies are impeccable:
“If a policy has a problem or is no longer relevant, we will review the policy and improve it. We have to start with a fundamental principle: to be credible and well accepted, communications has to be truthful, has to be accurate, has to be reliable. If your starting point is… the policy itself is no good, or the programme is not well designed, communications alone is not going to help to solve the problem.”
Minister Chee also said that during his propaganda dissemination, elderly Singaporeans expressed their “heart-felt” thanks to him for receiving the propaganda messages:
“The most memorable was from seniors who told me, thank you for remembering us. Thank you for doing this to reach out to us. That kam cheng (Hokkien for connection) is very hard to describe and measure, but it’s very important. Because part of communications is the emotional connection. It’s not just about hard facts. An additional benefit of doing it in dialect is we are speaking to seniors using a language they are most familiar with. So for them (there’s) that intimacy.”

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Maybe its a ploy by Familee to force this moron to say all these stupid lines, and then justify moving Hong Yi into his position.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... “I think it’s critical for us to continue to have a credible national broadcaster that Singaporeans can turn to as a credible and reliable source of news, and also to understand what’s happening around them both locally and (in) the region,” ...
he's correct ... iz a credible n reliable news outlet 4 ah loonz propaganda machine ...

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
File photo of Minister of State for Communications and Information, Mr Chee Hong Tat. (Photo: Ngau Kai Yan)
SINGAPORE: In the current environment where things happen very fast, it is critical for Singapore to continue to have a national broadcaster that people can turn to as a credible and reliable source of news.

how can sg continue to have a credible source of news when it never had one in the first place...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

how can sg continue to have a credible source of news when it never had one in the first place...

Of course it is. Dun be fooled by opposition propaganda. The necessary conditions are: 1) do we have a national broadcaster? (Yes we have), 2) Do people turn to it for news? (Yes some of us do) and 3) Is it a credible and reliable source of news? (Yes it is)

You may fault it for being short on facts, for opinions you do not agree with, but it is not enough to claim it is not credible and unreliable. It is not credible when it reports falsehood (e.g. Loong wore a blue shirt for NDR instead of a pink one), not reliable when it reports facts that cannot be verified (e.g. HK agrees to release Terrexes but no source quoted).

If you say it is not credible and unreliable, you got to back it up! That is how debate among men of reason is done. Not sneer and smear, that is too easy sir! Children do that! :mad: