• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Pap has over built liao now waiting to crash.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just looking around Hong kah and bukit batok area. Can see alot of flats and building going on. Some blocks are occupied but only 50% taken. Still a larger plot of building going on at bukit batok. Looks like it will crash more jia lak than 1997. Donald trump is not gonna give pinky face in trade.

Last edited:

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tanwahtiu.

This is what they did in 1999 after 1997 crash. Using building to generate gdp and keep Phantom companies surviving. Imagine fed were to hike 3 times in 2017. Loong will be finished

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, building is too slow, we need to speed it up to accommodate 10 million population and become a megacity that will be No 1 in everything.

http://thepeakmagazine.com.sg/interviews/feature-liu-thai-ker-2/

Dr Liu Thai Ker: “The need is to plan for 10 million and then break the limitation, rather than say, ‘oh, we have a limitation and then we don’t plan for 10 million.’ That’s getting the priority wrong.”

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama easy money policy is helping loong import so many people. Under trump is not so simple liao. Still 10 million population. Lol

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
6,000 HDB flats for Bayshore?

Condominiums in Bayshore are seen in this 2012 file photo.

Photo: The Straits Times

Home hunters could soon get a shot at new Housing Board flats with coveted sea views along Singapore's East Coast.

The Government is looking into creating a new Bayshore district, which includes 6,000 HDB flats - a huge change for the overwhelmingly private estate area located on reclaimed land. Another 6,500 units will be set aside as private homes.

If they materialise, these Bayshore flats would be the first HDB homes built along the East Coast since the old-generation Marine Parade flats constructed in the 1970s, some of which have fetched more than $900,000 on the resale market in recent months.

The potential development is detailed in tender documents put up by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and which were reported by Lianhe Zaobao yesterday, calling for consultancy firms to develop a master plan for the plot.

Photo: The Straits Times
The Bayshore district spanning 60 ha is surrounded by Bayshore Road, the East Coast Parkway, Bedok Camp and Upper East Coast Road.

With parts of it currently occupied by a forest, it is about two-thirds the size of Bidadari.

The plot is located between two MRT stations on the upcoming Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL) - Bayshore and Bedok South - and is expected to have facilities and services such as schools, shops and an integrated transport hub.

The tender will be conducted in two phases and the appointed firm will submit its final proposal in December this year, URA said in the documents.

But a URA spokesman told The Straits Times that parts of the area will be used for the construction of the TEL for several years, and that "implementation will not be in the near future". The two stations are expected to open by 2024.

Rather, the invitation to private sector consultants is meant to generate "new ideas for (Bayshore) to be developed into a future public and private housing precinct that supports car-lite living, with a strong sense of community and environmental sustainability", the URA spokesman added.

"The number of public and private housing units has been projected as 6,000 public units and 6,500 private units, and is still under study."

Some observers,such as consultancy International Property Advisor's chief executive Ku Swee Yong, are concerned that the increase in population in the area would put a strain on its transport networks and amenities.

The total of 12,500 residential units translates to 42,375 people, going by Singapore's average household size of 3.39 persons.

"A more acceptable number would be about 1,000 units to keep the idyllic atmosphere of the area, and not pose a problem for the already burdened Changi Hospital in Simei," Mr Ku said.

National University of Singapore urban planning expert Steven Choo welcomed the development, as a new HDB town with its "thoughtful design and technological advances" could increase the property value of landed property in Upper East Coast Road.

But he was surprised to hear about the development, given that the Government announced last October that it was looking into ways to mitigate the "lottery effect" of public housing in prime locations.

For instance, some owners of Pinnacle@Duxton flats in Cantonment Road made nearly up to $500,000 when they sold their assets after the five-year minimum occupation period ended in 2014.

But for student and Upper East Coast resident Bryan Lee, 19, the HDB flats would make the hope of living near his parents in the future more achievable.

He said: "This is a good location, very peaceful and near the park. But, more importantly, I hope to get this place if I get married, so that I can be near my parents and take care of them."

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/business/6000-hdb-flats-bayshore#sthash.56nypi9G.dpuf

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is massive! I do not know where are they going to find people to fill up all those HDB flats.

Just looking around Hong kah and bukit batok area. Can see alot of flats and building going on. Some blocks are occupied but only 50% taken. Still a larger plot of building going on at bukit batok. Looks like it will crash more jia lak than 1997. Donald trump is not gonna give pinky face in trade.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is massive! I do not know where are they going to find people to fill up all those HDB flats.

Serious no kidding. my fren moved to keat hong new bto and now his block like 50% filled nia.

Bukit batok one big chunk of btos coming up.

punggol lagi worst.

they are catering for 1990's kids? 1990's where got so much kids?

plus trump coming around, dun think there will be so much free money floating around to lend to people.

the whole chunk of land below all building bto now.

1zb70nk.jpg

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jit bai jialat liao. They are going to convert more shitizen and bring in more fts to fill up the gaps.

no use one lah. in fact number of PR from 2015 to 2016 reduced by 30k.

2015 pr vs 2016 number reduced by 10k. if 2015 admitted 20k new pr and still minus 10k in 2016 numbers. meaning 30k pr already run road already.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in my area tan jong rhu/marine parade/katong its more like nonstop building of condos.......i think maybe 15 or 20 new condos in the last 8 years,i dunno how a small area can have so many condos,every small space they can find they are squeezing a condo in,ford rd,tanjong rhu,amber rd,katong,mountbatten,meyer rd.

now recently they just completed another 2 new condos at the edge of ecp highway,the line and someshit.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my area tan jong rhu/marine parade/katong its more like nonstop building of condos.......i think maybe 15 or 20 new condos in the last 8 years,i dunno how a small area can have so many condos,every small space they can find they are squeezing a condo in,ford rd,tanjong rhu,amber rd,katong,mountbatten,meyer rd.

now recently they just completed another 2 new condos at the edge of ecp highway,the line and someshit.

bro. u just go pass delta swimming pool there. whole plot full of expensive condos.

still go golden city aka queenstown. whole place building million dollars condo.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't you worry sir. More FTs cumming more PR applications will be approved and demand will pick up in no time. :smile:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
50% devaluation sounds about right. What happened in Japan will happen in Singapore and worse. The sales of property will be like those in Malaysia. In Malaysia, people lend their names to developers to help register for units sold that they never pay for and make the margins minus whatever when they flip it. If you go into Malaysia, most of the units are eerily empty at night but can command rentals which then are used to calculate and benchmark fake properties prices. The stupid rule of thumb is 20 times the annual rentals. It is a sham. That is why when you buy property in Malaysia, it only devalues and is so difficult to sell. There is so much land, you build and forget the last unit.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
50% devaluation sounds about right. What happened in Japan will happen in Singapore and worse. The sales of property will be like those in Malaysia. In Malaysia, people lend their names to developers to help register for units sold that they never pay for and make the margins minus whatever when they flip it. If you go into Malaysia, most of the units are eerily empty at night but can command rentals which then are used to calculate and benchmark fake properties prices. The stupid rule of thumb is 20 times the annual rentals. It is a sham. That is why when you buy property in Malaysia, it only devalues and is so difficult to sell. There is so much land, you build and forget the last unit.

If you look around certain areas next expo. you can see few thousands cranes at the construction site. without the cheap liquidity from USA. can kiss all those plans goodbye.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look around certain areas next expo. you can see few thousands cranes at the construction site. without the cheap liquidity from USA. can kiss all those plans goodbye.

Currency manipulation is used precisely for this purpose and this why foreign banks are in Japan - to borrow cheap and use the currency appreciation against the yen to pay back less. The foreign investment bankers in Japan only need to have ONS and booze everyday as the job is a no brainer. So you can finance as many worthless projects as you want. Buildings are dirt cheap everywhere in the world in terms of construction costs. Housing units here are easily inflated 10 times and I am not taking about land costs.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currency manipulation is used precisely for this purpose and this why foreign banks are in Japan - to borrow cheap and use the currency appreciation against the yen to pay back less. The foreign investment bankers in Japan only need to have ONS and booze everyday as the job is a no brainer. So you can finance as many worthless projects as you want. Buildings are dirt cheap everywhere in the world in terms of construction costs. Housing units here are easily inflated 10 times and I am not taking about land costs.

i think the cheap money idea came from obama. now bubble very huge liao.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think the cheap money idea came from obama. now bubble very huge liao.

Cheap money has been around quite awhile and more so after 2001 when the IT bubble burst. People do not understand that technology advances are deflationary. After that US was in shit and started to play the game of property. Buy one property with no collateral and use that to buy the next one, buy cars with no interest payments, little or no downpayments. These are age old dirty tricks created to make you a permanent debt slave. In the meantime, corporations get to pump up their books to look pretty and pump the stockmarket prices. Oh, the wars? Well after you blow up a place flat, it needs to be rebuilt. And if you are the ruling invader there, you get to enslave that country into all kinds of debts. Why would Iraq need 170 M1s at 5 million USD a pop, which seem to get destroyed as easily as the T-72s?