• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lunar New Year ADVICE for sinkies, read it for your own good!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddhist texts traditionally list the five disturbing emotions beginning with attachment and then move on to aggression, stupidity, jealousy, and arrogance. But here I’d like to start with jealousy because it is the most obvious, ridiculous, and embarrassing of all the emotions, which makes it easier to overcome. If we practice working with jealousy first, we will have more confidence in working with the subtlety of the other emotions later. The jealous mind wants what others have, be it physical attributes, wealth, intelligence, someone else’s spouse, their job, status, spiritual accomplishments, and so on. Because it focuses on what it doesn’t have, it feels impoverished and discontented all the time. When we are possessed by jealousy, it is as if something were lacking in our very existence—something that someone else has. Jealousy is a comparative dynamic that causes us to resent others. We resent their positive attributes and continually search for their weaknesses: “Why do they possess those attributes that should belong to me!” “The jealous mind is gross and obvious. Not only do we lose respect for ourselves when we feel jealous, but everyone else loses respect for us too. We feel exposed like a worm whose rock has been overturned. As much as we want to hide, we lose face. In this way, the grossness of jealousy has some value—nothing is hidden, so we can see it and then try to overcome it… Or at least have a good laugh

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer Confucius study. More humane teaching.

阿弥陀佛!time to switch for your own good. when you have achieve all materialistic things in life, the one lacking is religion and that is Buddhism. it's a circle, for your own good! 阿弥陀佛...

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhist texts traditionally list the five disturbing emotions beginning with attachment and then move on to aggression, stupidity, jealousy, and arrogance. But here I’d like to start with jealousy because it is the most obvious, ridiculous, and embarrassing of all the emotions, which makes it easier to overcome. If we practice working with jealousy first, we will have more confidence in working with the subtlety of the other emotions later. The jealous mind wants what others have, be it physical attributes, wealth, intelligence, someone else’s spouse, their job, status, spiritual accomplishments, and so on. Because it focuses on what it doesn’t have, it feels impoverished and discontented all the time. When we are possessed by jealousy, it is as if something were lacking in our very existence—something that someone else has. Jealousy is a comparative dynamic that causes us to resent others. We resent their positive attributes and continually search for their weaknesses: “Why do they possess those attributes that should belong to me!” “The jealous mind is gross and obvious. Not only do we lose respect for ourselves when we feel jealous, but everyone else loses respect for us too. We feel exposed like a worm whose rock has been overturned. As much as we want to hide, we lose face. In this way, the grossness of jealousy has some value—nothing is hidden, so we can see it and then try to overcome it… Or at least have a good laugh

Fuck you lah, cheebye

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it Buddhism is ah Neh materials.
Cannot trust ah Neh story. Don't know have such a person sit under a tree makes senses. Where got prove this Ah Neh is true.

The ah Neh got high priest qualification or not? Can trust this Ah Neh can trust the snakes there don't bite? Toothless snakes.

Confucius not bad. Make human sense.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot trust ah Neh story. Don't know have such a person sit under a tree makes senses. Where got prove this Ah Neh is true.

The ah Neh got high priest qualification or not? Can trust this Ah Neh can trust the snakes there don't bite? Toothless snakes.

i studied confucian before and i became confused, i think confucian basically is how you treat others, whereas, buddhism preached even kindness to animals.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck to you. Now is new year kuku cheow year no point spend time on this. Go spend time with yr family.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

it means you are low conscious loser.

High conscious individual do not get involved in such energy wasting emotions and spend their energy wisely such as helping others. If you have a problem with such negative emotions, it means you didn't live your life in an upward trajectory orientation in your life.

You can't see way past those material and linked it heavily to social conditioning. You are easily controlled by the social conditioning of the society and also of course by the govt.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better than that almighty fellow, who kenna killed nailed to a cross. Can't even help himself.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it means you are low conscious loser.

High conscious individual do not get involved in such energy wasting emotions and spend their energy wisely such as helping others. If you have a problem with such negative emotions, it means you didn't live your life in an upward trajectory orientation in your life.

You can't see way past those material and linked it heavily to social conditioning. You are easily controlled by the social conditioning of the society and also of course by the govt.

i am highly consious of the things going around, i can feel what others are thinking. if i look into the eyes of someone, i can straight away detect his thinking. that's why lasaup matas fear me! i can expose their jealousy. knn, messed up and wasted 16 years of my life. they should be in jail with the crooks.:oIo: most of the time, i dun waste my energy to think of all these unless provoked. i'd rather have my beer and think of women, economy and IT stuff.:biggrin:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am highly consious of the things going around, i can feel what others are thinking. if i look into the eyes of someone, i can straight away detect his thinking. that's why lasaup matas fear me! i can expose their jealousy. knn, messed up and wasted 16 years of my life. they should be in jail with the crooks.:oIo: most of the time, i dun waste my energy to think of all these unless provoked. i'd rather have my beer and think of women, economy and IT stuff.:biggrin:

You are a low life sinkie shit loser.. Just go kill yourself and the world will be a much better place.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A growing number of sinkies are rejecting buddhism and turning to Christianity. I rather follow pastor ronnie's teachings than some mumbo-jumbo written in ancient keling script.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A growing number of sinkies are rejecting buddhism and turning to Christianity. I rather follow pastor ronnie's teachings than some mumbo-jumbo written in ancient keling script.

not all kelings are bad pple, it's those in power that are bad.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the reason why we get reborn again in this realm as humans or animals to suffer the trials and tribulations of worldy sins and emotions until we reached enlightenment.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
15542216_1787624571504205_6092992607724185035_n.jpg

According to many spiritual teachers, all human beings are, in reality, spiritual beings on a human journey. We reincarnate as human beings in order to evolve our souls.

http://personalityspirituality.net/...rnation-the-35-steps/stage-1-the-infant-soul/