• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious How Much Ang Pow Money To Give To Kids?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There would be a lot of relatives coming over to my house tomorrow. I've heard that some of them have been retrenched or been downsized to drive taxis and do security work. No doubt, they would be looking forward for their kids to receive generous ang pao money from my wife and I. How much should I give? What if I give too much and they give my kids fucking $2 ang paos?

What's your ang pao rate for close relatives, distant relatives and moochers?

jw5

Loyal
There would be a lot of relatives coming over to my house tomorrow. I've heard that some of them have been retrenched or been downsized to drive taxis and do security work. No doubt, they would be looking forward for their kids to receive generous ang pao money from my wife and I. How much should I give? What if I give too much and they give my kids fucking $2 ang paos?

Just give $10 lah. Rich guys like you shouldn't be worrying over such a small matter. :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are able to afford to give some money and blessings,
more so, when you are aware that those friends are making too much from work,
give as much as you are able to spare,
say $10 to $20 per child.
The more you give, the more you will get in return.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you are suppose to give in twos e.g. if giving $4 it should be 2 X $2, if giving $20 it should be 2 X $10, ...

Can anyone clarify this?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyo, why do you have cheap relatives??? :confused:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will do a oprah winfrey and give all my relatives a ang bao with a key in it....."you get a car!!!!you get a car!!!!everyone gets a car!!!!!"

knowing that they are peasants and cars are very expensive in sg im sure they would be overjoyed.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much should I give? What if I give too much and they give my kids fucking $2 ang paos?

I help you and your wife to have the peace of mind to cross over year of the rooster, give close relatives 20 Indon ruppiahs and distant relatives 10 Indo ruppiahs.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sir, u should severe ties with those losers relative of yours. They are a disgrace to your status.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

you mean you are still in sinkieland doing all the sinkie chink customs?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since you are so loaded, $100 each is peanuts. Your kids don't need angpow from others lah.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Rich people are the ones usually yao kwee with their money wan.

This is what a big time banker relative of mine told me.

So those rich people, don't expect big ang pow from them. Better still more likely they will be away with family on holiday during CNY.

Just give what you would be willing to give with nothing in return. That's how I do it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$69 is my preferred amount. covers all small bills and denominations: $50 note, $10 note, 4 x $2 notes, $1 coin. i'm moderately generous with kids during cny. but since i share a hdb room in bedok south, nobody wants to visit me.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe i should start a ang bao lottery.....with amounts ranging from $18 to $38 and one ang bao with a relatively life changing sum of money ($188) mainly for the kids.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$69 is my preferred amount. covers all small bills and denominations: $50 note, $10 note, 4 x $2 notes, $1 coin. i'm moderately generous with kids during cny. but since i share a hdb room in bedok south, nobody wants to visit me.

If you provide comfort ladies, I am sure lots will visit you :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you provide comfort ladies, I am sure lots will visit you :biggrin:

cannot. angpow is meant for kids, not horny sinkie uncles. moreover there's only 1 mattress in the room and cardboard collector ah por is sleeping on it at night while i use it in the day. it's a timeshare mattress.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are able to afford to give some money and blessings,
more so, when you are aware that those friends are making too much from work,
give as much as you are able to spare,
say $10 to $20 per child.
The more you give, the more you will get in return.

Amen!!

I will give $10 ang pao minimum to the visiting kids. My wife and maid queued up all day to get us fresh $10 notes. Even the maid would be rewarded with a $50 ang pow.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

just give $10 to a family and ask them to share.:biggrin: