• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Low GDP Growth Is Good For Singaporeans

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
False. Low GDP growth can be good as long as it is quality growth. High GDP growth strategies like the population ponzi will only lead to inflation and wage suppression. Thankfully the PAP is wise enough not to be fooled by GDP engineers in the civil service with their bonuses tied to what should be a poor indicator of a country's well being.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's right wing bullshit.

i will play this song and salute proudly the last few moments as the music reaches its final crescendo before the final beep as all television and radio stations go offline and static and silence before the bright flash of light obliterate Singapore.

[video=youtube;Fo48YpNOesQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo48YpNOesQ[/video]

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some singaporeans read abt grants to the poor. But they dont go down to the ground to know that many cant get the grants the pap promised. PAP wayangs a lot

Most of the pap grants has flaws and loopholes, which will result in some poor not able to meet the criteria while some not so poor qualified.
Hdb grants is one of the biggest flaws followed by gst vouchers.
We pay mils to these group of people who plan these.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you really understand the poor and what they want? You sure pap policies affect them the worst?
The poor is the bottom 5% or 10% of the society and these group benefits from all the bits of welfare (govt grant, bursaries, cheaper rented housing, etc) that the government gives out. Yes, when cost of living goes up, food and other basic necessities get more expensive for them as for everyone else. However, this group does not feel that it's because of pap, they are not political aware (even for many not poor and well educated ones), they may think it's just a way of life and thank goodness with all the pap goodies or their lives could be worse. Try to volunteer to man election booths, you will see how many of these including the old limping fools in tattered clothes who drop their votes into pap boxes.

It's those lower and middle lower income groups who are worst affected. Some of whom are sandwiched generation with poor unemployed parents to take care of. Sg did not have dole program for the old and the responsibilites fall onto their low-middle income children to pay for them. Again, these people aren't politically aware.

Those who are politically aware are a small portion who cares about the country and their fellow countrymen and those who used to be financially comfortable but became disadvantaged when the policies changed to affect them negatively. How to change sg like that?

u are absolutely wrong,i find that the more education i receive the more elite books i envelop myself in the more elitist i become and the greater the sense of elitism.unless of course u are one of those hypocrites bleeding heart champagne swirling high falutin liberals cocksuckers.

these days i feel a growing sense of disdain for groups of mats,pinoys,banglas and low caste sinkies whenever i encounter them.which create a conundrum of whether to continue living in this country.

just like black dog shammugan,he used to be a liberal and a man of the people,but after spending so many years and decades breathing that rarefied atmosphere of elite purified IMF and G20 oxygen i wonder how much of his humanity and empathy is left......he probably feels like hes being surrounded by cockroaches and daft peasants,suffocating in the mountain of filth and stupidity swirling around him.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
False. Low GDP growth can be good as long as it is quality growth. High GDP growth strategies like the population ponzi will only lead to inflation and wage suppression. Thankfully the PAP is wise enough not to be fooled by GDP engineers in the civil service with their bonuses tied to what should be a poor indicator of a country's well being.

How do u differentiate between high quality growth and low quality growth?all i see is a ponzi economy with high growth,and a ponzi economy that dont work no more.boom and bust cycle.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do u differentiate between high quality growth and low quality growth?all i see is a ponzi economy with high growth,and a ponzi economy that dont work no more.boom and bust cycle.

It is the subject of much debate. Some say high quality growth creates knock on effects across the economy. For instance automobile creates new support industries like auto parts maker. Others say it raises baseline economic activity, and is characterized as predictable, recurring and uninterrupted by economic conditions, like telcos and tuition centers. The former makes more sense to me, as the latter has a hard limit capped by population and affluence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the subject of much debate. Some say high quality growth creates knock on effects across the economy. For instance automobile creates new support industries like auto parts maker. Others say it raises baseline economic activity, and is characterized as predictable, recurring and uninterrupted by economic conditions, like telcos and tuition centers. The former makes more sense to me, as the latter has a hard limit capped by population and affluence.

Yes but that is just the baseline economy,boring everyday stuff people do to create the baseline of the bedrock of the economy,so passe and 100 years ago.what we need now is the oomph and magic fairy dust of capitalism,wall Street,banks,leverage and debt to create a explosive economy.the magic thing about capitalism is u don't have to do anything meaningful to create it,u just have to do economic things.singapore is the future,the epitome of creating something out of nothing,otherwise why would this useless country be so rich.capitalism is like war or battle,u shuffle money around like a mahjong or poker table and hope u end up with more than u started.the smart ones always do.the secret is to recognise value in things that others have overlooked,or create it yourself or situations which permits it .The problem is capitalism sucks wealth from the masses and the stupid,this can create problems and maybe even civil war.

Last edited: