• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Terrex coming home for CNY

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was pointing the finger at others, but the other 4 fingers were pointing back at him.

I like this statement he made at Davos.

' Countries, big or small, strong or weak, rich or poor, are all equal members of the international community. As such, they are entitled to participate in decision-making, enjoy rights and fulfill obligations on an equal basis. Emerging markets and developing countries deserve greater representation and voice. The 2010 IMF quota reform has entered into force, and its momentum should be sustained. We should adhere to multilateralism to uphold the authority and efficacy of multilateral institutions. We should honor promises and abide by rules. One should not select or bend rules as he sees fit.'

I hope he is not pinching his nose or scratching his neck as he reads it out.

that brings tears to my eyes,china is a developing country already it is think forward ahead and championing equality and uplifting the poor and empowering the weaker impoverished countries like developed countries and superpowers should.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that brings tears to my eyes,china is a developing country already it is think forward ahead and championing equality and uplifting the poor and empowering the weaker impoverished countries like developed countries and superpowers should.

the mention of china is a developing cty shows that you are out of touch! you are a frog in the well.:p

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the first place , the Terrex were confiscated by China authorities because China wants to teach Singapore a lesson for violating the One China policy and also for meddling into the South China Sea disputes . They wouldn't care a hoot about international shipping laws and sovereign immunity. So what has happened that they are now willing to release the Terrex to Singapore?

Was there a deal cut ?

What did we give to get back our Terrex?

jw5

Loyal
For sure , LHL has also learnt from this saga. Like the Hokkien says, ' Smart is good enough, don't be too smart ! Learn to shut up when you have nothing good to say .' Silence is golden.

Or "Don't try to be too clever". :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
stanley low to b replaced soon, hen will retire, CoStaff should be court marshalled n chinese newly minted PR will take over a Min of Def

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eng Hen sets dateline for Terrex to be returned to Singapore

Be back by ' Chap Goh Mei '.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Phone rings ....]

NEH ( holding phone to his ear ) : " Yes sir...oh... of course no ! I don't mean by ' Chap Goh Mei ' we must have it. Oh... sure, not a deadline... understand! Yes sir! I got it . "

The other end : "OK. Don't screw up."

[ Phone went 'click']

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A grassroots leaders' contingent would be present to welcome back our terrex vehicles with sinkie and pap flags.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terrex return home for cny from green to red color :biggrin:
Must have a home coming parade. Will give the PAP another photo op just like what happened when Schooling returned a hero :smile:
A grassroots leaders' contingent would be present to welcome back our terrex vehicles with sinkie and pap flags.
Will they be singing:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(Kit_Chan_song)
? :confused: :p

[video=youtube;qTkVG6lWvwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkVG6lWvwY[/video]

[video=youtube;2gWohYVfHRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gWohYVfHRA[/video]

Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There's a place that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the city
Know every street and shore
Sail down the river which brings us life
Winding through my Singapore

This is home truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone, for this is where I know it's home

When there are troubles to go through
We'll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That home's about its people too
So we'll build our dreams together
Just like we've done before
Just like the river which brings us life
There'll always be Singapore

For this is where I know it's home
For this is where I know I'm home

The Mini-stars even sang it last year (in March 2016):

[video=youtube;u5gEEUeOhco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5gEEUeOhco[/video]

attachment.php

Last edited:

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
最好这不是真的!

最好是玩弄李显龙的手段,耍猴子,反复戏弄折磨。让他崩溃发疯。

说还不还,拖拖拉拉,太极太极,拖完变卦,反反复复,出尔反尔,慢慢的玩死你。

教训你见识一下中国手段的厉害。

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, i think it's significant! they should put the 9 tua pao chias in front of the grand stand during national day, to signifies that we had won the war. LMAO..:biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The return of the Tertex sounds like an Mission Impossible accomplished. The SAF are hitting high fives. Everyone is congratulating the SAF for a job well done.

In truth, it is just a custom clearance. This one takes longer than normal.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place , the Terrex were confiscated by China authorities because China wants to teach Singapore a lesson for violating the One China policy and also for meddling into the South China Sea disputes . They wouldn't care a hoot about international shipping laws and sovereign immunity. So what has happened that they are now willing to release the Terrex to Singapore?

Was there a deal cut ?

What did we give to get back our Terrex?

I highly doubt a punitive deal was made. Tops in Beijing issued directives to jingoist elements within the party to stop monkeying around. The country is turning its attention towards the possibility of a trade war with the US after Trump begins work on the Great Wall of Mexico. China will want to boost their exports to high spending nations amongst the TPP signatories in the event of a trade war with the US. Returning the Terrexes does not signal warmer relations with Singapore; it is simply to avoid complications in their next move.

jw5

Loyal
The return of the Tertex sounds like an Mission Impossible accomplished. The SAF are hitting high fives. Everyone is congratulating the SAF for a job well done.

2 months bureaucratic paperwork is the norm these days. :biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Trump gave the executive order to kill the TPP deal, it broke his heart. He couldn't contain his disappointment. He broke down and cried.

US abandons me. China, my friend of 30 years, ignores me. I feel like I am a nobody's child.

[video=youtube;gczR_Q18YPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczR_Q18YPA[/video]

News of his depression reached the tops in Beijing. They held a meeting. After a lengthy discussion, they decided to release the Terrex as a signal of a renewed friendship to a wayward friend. Scribe from the meeting include comments ' He is the same color as us. Let's help our own kind. He has just lost his way. He can be re-trained. '

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sins iz during cny, there wil make special allowans 4 burning firecrackers 2 welcum iz return ...

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we have a defence minister relishing with glee that his military equipt, having been confiscated after +/- 2 mths, is now a cause for celebration (even if it's returned in another 15 days) in time for chap goh mei!
a blardy idiot with no sense of attachment and is now fucking satisfied as long as it's returned by an auspicious occasion, perhaps to mitigate and reconcile the loss of usage, access, face, stature, dignity :confused:.... pretty comforting!
next time better to say 'no big deal lah, never the mind - take your time...:(