• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SG's Next PM - OYK?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong Ye Kung:

1. Serves as half a Minister
2. Draws more than twice the salary of US President
3. Claims that he makes personal sacrifices to serve Singaporeans
4. Aspires to be next PM

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at Obama's and Trump's hectic schedules over the last year and look at our ministers' schedules! And any of our minister gets more than twice Obama's pay and our Ministers claim that they made tremendous sacrifices and are disappointed when singaporeans dont show their gratitudes!

What audacity and what sense of self entitlement these pap scoundrels are

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more the pap demand gratitude and respect from Singaporeans the more they turn Singaporeans off.

Gratitude and respect are earned, not demanded!

Very low class pap to demand respect and gratitude from Singaporeans and some expired ministers dare to say they were disappointed when they see no gratitude and appreciation from Singaporeans

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more the pap demand gratitude and respect from Singaporeans the more they turn Singaporeans off.

Gratitude and respect are earned, not demanded!

Very low class pap to demand respect and gratitude from Singaporeans and some expired ministers dare to say they were disappointed when they see no gratitude and appreciation from Singaporeans

Goh Chok Tong lamented about his party's declining popularity saying that younger Singaporeans are not like the older generation, and that their bond with the ruling party PAP are "less instinctive and more transactional".

He also recounted that the 2011 General Election was his low point and lamented that Marine Parade voters did not think about what he has done for Singapore when he was PM:

“When the result for Marine Parade was announced, I felt the deep disappointment and gloom in our supporters. I too did not expect Marine Parade GRC to poll only 55 per cent. What you had done for the people as an MP or PM did not matter as much as the prevailing mood of the people.”

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
when you start to demand respect, it means you do not have respect by others in the first place.

OYK said that there are long term risks for SG to have a multi party system in SG?

Does OYK think there is no long term risk to have a single party system in SG?

To prove OYK wrong, we are seeing how a single party system is causing so much problem in SG. It is tantamount to a dictatorial system

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman had already publicly said that he doesn't want to be the next PM. I think it's a wise decision. Why bother to make yourself more stressful and more grey hairs when at the end of the day, you'll never be appreciated by the 30%.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman had already publicly said that he doesn't want to be the next PM. I think it's a wise decision. Why bother to make yourself more stressful and more grey hairs when at the end of the day, you'll never be appreciated by the 30%.

People serve because they want to serve regardless of whether they are appreciated or paid well or not.

It's a calling. I am glad people like LTY and Tharman opt out because we certainly dont want a PM who keeps harping that they are not appreciated

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
People serve because they want to serve regardless of whether they are appreciated or paid well or not.

It's a calling. I am glad people like LTY and Tharman opt out because we certainly dont want a PM who keeps harping that they are not appreciated
No matter what, if they are proven to be capable and good, it will only be appropriate to reward them, even if not in monetary terms, but in gratitude. Nobody in this world will work for nothing, even if we let aside the remuneration aspect, especially for me. I'm not the next Lim Bo Seng.

And nobody in this world will say money is enough, except those in IMH. Otherwise, LTK and his gang would have long volunteered to take a pay-cut to prove their selfless sacrifices. Ditto for CST when he was manning Potong Pasir. This is a materialistic world today.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In addition, I also don't agree that CCS is the right man for the job. He definitely has not much proven himself yet.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Considering Tharman has already declined, my next consideration would be Khaw and followed by Shanmugam. They are just my personal choice. Can also forget about TCH as he's a clown.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
. Nobody in this world will work for nothing, even if we let aside the remuneration aspect, especially for me. I'm not the next Lim Bo Seng.

And nobody in this world will say money is enough

Dont think too highly of yourself that you can speak for others. Speak for yourself