• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 3 Hour Train Disruption From Jurong East To Queenstown! 23 Jan 2017 Evening Peak Hour

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - Train service on a stretch of the East-West Line faced delays on Monday (Jan 23) evening at peak hour.

The train disruption entered its third hour at 9.30pm.

The Straits Times understands that a track circuit between Jurong East and Clementi has failed.

To alleviate the eastbound build-up of commuters, some westbound services are getting passengers to disembark at Queenstown. The trains then turn around to ferry eastbound passengers from Redhill station.

Train operator SMRT advised commuters at around 7.30pm to expect additional travel time of 25 minutes from Joo Koon towards Clementi, due to a track fault at Jurong East station.

Train service was still available, it said.

Track fault causes delays along East-West Line

SMRT tweeted that there was a track fault from 6.34pm. The initial delay was estimated to be about 10 minutes, this became 20 minutes, then 25 minutes.

The delay was shaved to 20 minutes at 9.30pm, then down to 10 minutes at 10pm.

This delay comes less than a week after morning disruption on Jan 19 which caused MRT trains to crawl haltingly between Boon Lay and Clementi.

The delays from around 7.30am to 10am were traced to a track circuit glitch between Jurong East and Clementi stations.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...east-west-line-from-joo-koon-to-clementi-smrt

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 3 Hour Train Disruption From Jurong East To Queenstown! 23 Jan 2017 Evening Peak

If there is no train disruption, then I worry. This kind of failure is no longer news under PAP. Please get used to it just like the 70% did.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 3 Hour Train Disruption From Jurong East To Queenstown! 23 Jan 2017 Evening Peak

If there is no train disruption, then I worry. This kind of failure is no longer news under PAP. Please get used to it just like the 70% did.

Having train disruption is the new norm

ShaoXingJiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Men are not perfect. It's okay to make mistakes.

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal

CEO wear so many Medals but still cannot solve MRT problems......

He not shy ar?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it's no mystery. everytime there's a severe storm transportation gets seriously impacted including transit systems. same thing in sf - bart and muni face delays.

http://fox40.com/2014/12/11/severe-storm-watch-in-san-francisco-bart-delayed-flooding/

Your system is still better than melbourne's. Everytime the weather changes to be too hot or too cold, at least 1 train line is bound to have problem leading to delays. All the ang moh cuntries talk themselves up and seem to be regressing to be worse than some 3rd world asian countries.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your system is still better than melbourne's. Everytime the weather changes to be too hot or too cold, at least 1 train line is bound to have problem leading to delays. All the ang moh cuntries talk themselves up and seem to be regressing to be worse than some 3rd world asian countries.

that's why sinkies should appreciate what they have instead of kpkb over weather-related problems.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please do not worry for SMRT or Transport Minister. It's was proven customer satisfaction improved recently despite major breakdowns. CS should continue to shoot up till bonus time.

In any case, SMRT said to REDUCE Mean-Time-Between-failures publicly. So he is just going to exceed his KPI, then another round of big bonus going his way soon.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's all Aunty Saw's fault. The other NE line managed by SBS Transit has a better track record, ditto for their LRT in Sengkang against the 1 in Bukit Panjang.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it's no mystery. everytime there's a severe storm transportation gets seriously impacted including transit systems. same thing in sf - bart and muni face delays.

http://fox40.com/2014/12/11/severe-storm-watch-in-san-francisco-bart-delayed-flooding/

Maybe in angmo countries but this is Spore where everything is suppose to work in times of sunshine & rain.

Well it did in the past but not now. Nowadays you only hear excuses or silence from the "authorities":rolleyes:

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal

i thot everything was great now...some autograph on the last sleeper...still got problems ha...:smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe in angmo countries but this is Spore where everything is suppose to work in times of sunshine & rain.

Well it did in the past but not now. Nowadays you only hear excuses or silence from the "authorities":rolleyes:

i started 2 threads on how the mrt is running smoothly. at the rate it's going, i can start 69 threads on how smooth it runs. and i present not just facts but pics and proof. can't do the same thing everytime i ride bart or muni. it will break down when i'm on it. in sg, it has been 100% tip top service everytime i'm on it.

https://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?229814-mrt-running-smoothly

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i started 2 threads on how the mrt is running smoothly. at the rate it's going, i can start 69 threads on how smooth it runs. and i present not just facts but pics and proof. can't do the same thing everytime i ride bart or muni. it will break down when i'm on it. in sg, it has been 100% tip top service everytime i'm on it.

https://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?229814-mrt-running-smoothly

Solly I'm just a "lesser mortal" actually living & taking public transport in Spore. So I can only complain about local issues.

I've taken the BART when I was visiting the California area & I have no complaints because it was running smoothly. Same thing with Spore, I didn't have complaints in the past but nowadays things in Spore are different.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Solly I'm just a "lesser mortal" actually living & taking public transport in Spore. So I can only complain about local issues.

I've taken the BART when I was visiting the California area & I have no complaints because it was running smoothly. Same thing with Spore, I didn't have complaints in the past but nowadays things in Spore are different.

that must be a long time ago when you ride bart. when i first rode bart over 30 years ago it was new, smooth, and flawless. right now, the entire system is a dilapidated old cranky shitpile. breaks down every week and delays every day. the right thing to do is to tear it apart and rebuild from scratch from tracks to trains. in fact they are just testing new trains from bombardier after over 40 years using old trains, raising fares, parking fees, and introducing bond measures across all counties in bay area to pay for upgrades. your roundtrip fare from east bay to sfo is already over usd12. in sg, a sgd20 top up will last me all week riding all over the island from end to end on multiple trips.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some little bird told me there is sth not very right about the relaid sleepers and tracks.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that must be a long time ago when you ride bart. when i first rode bart over 30 years ago it was new, smooth, and flawless. right now, the entire system is a dilapidated old cranky shitpile. breaks down every week and delays every day. the right thing to do is to tear it apart and rebuild from scratch from tracks to trains. in fact they are just testing new trains from bombardier after over 40 years using old trains, raising fares, parking fees, and introducing bond measures across all counties in bay area to pay for upgrades. your roundtrip fare from east bay to sfo is already over usd12. in sg, a sgd20 top up will last me all week riding all over the island from end to end on multiple trips.

I doubt age would be a problem if they had maintained the system properly. The problem with BART is the age of the system http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-delays-data-reveals-many-causes-4343993.php
Problems with the original north/South and east/west line in Spore can be traced to neglect by Ms. Saw. However take note that in Spore context, public transport is more critical because the PAP has made car ownership very expensive. While in the US you can still afford a car.

The Spore MRT system is also profitable & critical part of Spore life. There should be no excuse for neglecting it. It is after all a monopoly. Who chose Ms. Saw as CEO of SMRT & was she qualified? Obviously did a lousy job & was not qualified. She was more interested in squeezing $$$ from the system for the shareholder e.g. Temasek.

There are even more problems with the newer parts of the MRT system e.g. circle line They are going to open even more stations & I bet there will also be plagued with problems.