• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 23 Jan 2017 - Flooding In SG?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Telling PAP not to import foreigners with fake qualifications is whining?
What are the statistics? Is it more than 50%? In every circumstances, there are bound to be some black sheep. Is the situation today is really too excessive?
Telling PAP to manage e-scooters, e-bikes, otherwise more will be killed is whining?
New regulations are already on the way.
Telling PAP to care for the sick, poor and aged is whining?
CPF Life also gets the thumbs down from you. And do you know that some of those private GPs and Dental Clinics are taking advantage of the government with the CHAS scheme by overcharging their patients. At the end of the day, Sinkies are selfish and tax payers are funding these ignorant patients.
Telling PAP to solve hospital bed shortage is whining?
Aren't there more government hospitals being built these last few years?
Telling PAP to solve MRT breakdowns is whining?
Signalling, power lines and new trains/lines are being added. Can the MRTs afford to stop operation for 3 months to do all those rectification works together? Even the "ghost" signaling fault from the affected downtown line was eventually diagnosed and rectified. Isn't it fair to be given some time?
Telling PAP to alleviate flooding is whining?
If you think our flooding is bad, look no further than Malaysia. Anyway, I'm sure the relevant authority would also don't want this to happen, but if you have continuous hours of heavy rain and coupled with high tide, how can you expect it to be free of ponding? Isn't progressive works already being done to the Stamford canal and also at various flood prone areas?
Telling PAP to eliminate cronyism is whining?
Telling pap to tell the truth is whining?
Telling PAP to be transparent and answer to Singaporeans is whining?

Looks like you truly lack wisdom and discernment
Several of your above whinings have already been noted and rectifications are in progress. You can't expect things to instantly improve overnight. I have enough said about you. Tell me, why don't you join the government to enact more changes which you deem fit and necessary in order to improve the situation instead?

If you think I lack wisdom and discernment, then I think you lack patience and understanding. Finally, instead of just whining and complaining, why don't you offer better and more practical solutions instead? Or have I missed out something from your valuable contribution?

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me, since when have you been satisfied with the PAP's performance? Even during LKY's time, you people will also condemn him and labelled him as old fart. Constructive criticisms must also be justified, not every thing that goes wrong is all the damned government's fault. I can agree that years ago, they had not planned for the additional infrastructure, medical and transportation requirement prior to letting in the high number of foreigners. But aren't these improvement are already in progress currently? I've said before, PAP may not be the best, but is there a better alternative available currently?

Why should I be satisfied when ceteris paribus foreigners are preferred than Singaporeans by PAP?
why should I be satisfied why so many Singaporean children go to school with an empty stomach?
why should I be satisfied when an 80 year old ah mah has to collect cardboxes to get her meal?
why shd I be satisfied when my "PM" cracks stupid jokes?
why should I be satisfied when an ah mah opts not to have medical treatment because she doesnt want to burden her son?

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several of your above whinings have already been noted and rectifications are in progress. You can't expect things to change overnight. I have enough said about you. Tell me, why don't you join the government to enact more changes which you deem fit and necessary in order to improve the situation instead?

That proves that they are constructive feedbacks and not whinings.

Do you consider this post #1 as whining?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several of your above whinings have already been noted and rectifications are in progress. You can't expect things to change overnight. I have enough said about you. Tell me, why don't you join the government to enact more changes which you deem fit and necessary in order to improve the situation instead?

Is it wrong for me to choose not to join LHL?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me, since when have you been satisfied with the PAP's performance? Even during LKY's time, you people will also condemn him and labelled him as old fart. Constructive criticisms must also be justified, not every thing that goes wrong is all the damned government's fault. I can agree that years ago, they had not planned for the additional infrastructure, medical and transportation requirement prior to letting in the high number of foreigners. But aren't these improvement are already in progress currently? I've said before, PAP may not be the best, but is there a better alternative available currently?

"I was at Braddell Road this morning, driving from Lornie Road towards Bartley road. Traffic was incredibly heavy because of so many merging lanes. Bad congestion

Anyone knows whether there was any flooding which the MSM is abash and dont want to report?"

what do u have against my above post? why did it incur your wrath?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I was at Braddell Road this morning, driving from Lornie Road towards Bartley road. Traffic was incredibly heavy because of so many merging lanes. Bad congestion

Anyone knows whether there was any flooding which the MSM is abash and dont want to report?"

what do u have against my above post? why did it incur your wrath?
Did I first reply to you in this thread? I was replying to forumer eatshitndie in Post #24, which he had asked you to "please post on root cause with evidence, proof, and irrefutable data. otherwise it's just speculation" and I was also very much taken aback when you subsequently replied that you don't have to (unless you don't have the credibility).

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about WP?

PAP thinks that Singaporeans can only serve SG by joining the pap. How wrong they are. Whether we are in PAP, WP or any political party, we can equally serve SG by speaking up for Singaporeans.

I believe I can serve Singapore in many ways.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP thinks that Singaporeans can only serve SG by joining the pap. How wrong they are. Whether we are in PAP, WP or any political party, we can equally serve SG by speaking up for Singaporeans.

I believe I can serve Singapore in many ways.
Very rhetoric I would say the very least. It's like Trump saying "Make America Great Again", but at least he now has a chance to prove himself since becoming the President. Tell me when you'll next be at the Speaker's Corner.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see no need to carry on this conversation further. As long as you dislike and bear much hatred for the governance, your mentality is already geared for condemnation of them, even if they have shown to have improved. Period. Nobody is perfect.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are flash floods all over the bay area. 5 years of drought, drying up of rivers, creeks and canals, draining of reservoirs, and depletion of aquifers did not help to prevent flash floods. don't think you understand the force and behavior of flash floods with continuous heavy rain for a prolonged duration. the best bone dry network of drainage in the best run city will not stem the incidence of flash floods.

ok..i'll give a tweet to up there and tell them to be more gentle next time. 4.5 years drought follow by 7.9 days of rain.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok..i'll give a tweet to up there and tell them to be more gentle next time. 4.5 years drought follow by 7.9 days of rain.

:smile: some places like HK, Philippines, Florida, Lousiana, Japan got flooded because of nature's forces such as typhoons and hurricanes. Singapore's flooding is entirely man's fault and incompetence

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean that flooding is un natural act? then slap and jail MIW under section 337

SG's flooding was not from nature. The countries which suffer nature's fury are around Tropic of Cancer and tropic of Capricorn...near 30degrees North and 30degrees South of the equator.Singapore, being near the equator will never get typhoon or hurricane

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
How old are you :confused:

I'm old enough to remember the floods along Changi Road, Langsat road area back in the late 70s. Situation did improve in the 80s through 90s. Occasionally we have heavy rain over long hours but rarely resulting in flash floods like what we have over the last decade or so, incidentally after the building of the barrage.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to PAP, sinkies are complaining about ankle-deep floods. Try living in places like New Orleans, Trengganu or Thailand. The floods will completely decimate your homes and fields and drown you.

Be grateful for PAP, jerk-offs!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to PAP, sinkies are complaining about ankle-deep floods. Try living in places like New Orleans, Trengganu or Thailand. The floods will completely decimate your homes and fields and drown you.

Be grateful for PAP, jerk-offs!

To compare SG to New Orleans shows your stupidity. Go read post#55 and #57