• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Getting logged out repeatedly.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it was just me and my anon. I think 2 others have mentioned. Started last week or so.

Did anything change system wise?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I thought it was just me and my anon. I think 2 others have mentioned. Started last week or so.

No nothing has changed. I even removed https because of your previous claims that https had caused problems.

I never get logged out. Have you ticked "remember me" when you log in?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, ticked "remember me". Thanks for removing https. No issues after that. This is quiet mysterious. It throws you out in nearly every step. When you post a new thread or reply, it will shows as logged out or no permission to post. Then I realised that if you press the tab repeatedly, it goes thru either on the second or third attempt without logging in again.

It actually improved the last few days. Previously you had to log in again.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yes, ticked "remember me". Thanks for removing https. No issues after that. This is quiet mysterious. It throws you out in nearly every step. When you post a new thread or reply, it will shows as logged out or no permission to post. Then I realised that if you press the tab repeatedly, it goes thru either on the second or third attempt without logging in again.

It actually improved the last few days. Previously you had to log in again.

If you use an anonymiser it messes with the cookies. It is most probably a change in the anon protocols somewhere as I have not changed any settings on the server.

Try using some other vpn provider to see whether you still have the same issue.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Sam, i thought it was probably that. They used to kick you out every few months but this seem a new thing. Today it so much better.

If you use an anonymiser it messes with the cookies. It is most probably a change in the anon protocols somewhere as I have not changed any settings on the server.

Try using some other vpn provider to see whether you still have the same issue.

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes I know.

This is browser and platform (Andriod / ISO / Windows / Linux) dependent issue. Cookie issue.

I found out that if I don't check the checkbox at login page [REMEMBER ME] or similar, my login cookies can become FUCKED soon.

But pse Sam don't start troubleshooting and alteration or debug. The last time you did, caused me to troubleshoot my browsers / change browsers / change versions of same brand browsers... now at least stable. Just check the checkbox and it works.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, todays its back to sweet self again.

Yes I know.

This is browser and platform (Andriod / ISO / Windows / Linux) dependent issue. Cookie issue.

I found out that if I don't check the checkbox at login page [REMEMBER ME] or similar, my login cookies can become FUCKED soon.

But pse Sam don't start troubleshooting and alteration or debug. The last time you did, caused me to troubleshoot my browsers / change browsers / change versions of same brand browsers... now at least stable. Just check the checkbox and it works.