• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Aussie Cow kills sinkie motorcyclist with her driving, fined only $5K & banned 4 year

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Such a light sentence for angmo cow. Sinkies can get so lucky or not?

SINGAPORE - An Australian woman was on Tuesday (Jan 10) fined $5,000 and disqualified from driving for four years for causing the death of a motorcyclist, who did not possess a valid licence.
Katie Maree Roberts, now 45, who pleaded guilty to performing a negligent act not amounting to culpable homicide, failed to keep a proper lookout as she was driving along Pan Island Expressway towards Changi Airport at around 4.40pm on Sept 21, 2015.
Roberts, who worked as an editor for Expat Living magazine, was on the right-most lane of the five-lane highway and was filtering to the left when her Hyundai Tucson sports utility vehicle collided with motorcyclist Loh Lin Ken, 25.

Mr Loh, who was riding a Ducati 848 Evo, fell and was swept underneath a passing lorry travelling on the third lane. Paramedics later pronounced him dead at the scene.
It is not known what speeds they were travelling at when the accident took place.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Dora Tay urged District Judge Tan Jen Tse to sentence Roberts to an $8,000 fine and disqualify her from driving for between three and four years.
But Roberts' lawyer, Mr Sunil Sudheesan, asked for his client to be fined between $1,000 and $3,000.
He said Mr Loh was riding on the road even though he did not possess a motorcycle licence.
Mr Sudheesan added that Mr Loh was straddling between the two right-most lanes despite knowing that such places are where most vehicles execute lane changes to overtake others.
He said: "A responsible person with the full training required to possess a licence would not have taken these risks."
Judge Tan noted that Mr Loh was an unlicenced rider and had tried to overtake in a dangerous manner.
For performing a negligent act not amounting to culpable homicide, Roberts could have been jailed up to two years and fined.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Aussie Cow kills sinkie motorcyclist with her driving, fined only $5K & banned 4

the cow who did not check her blind spot before filtering to left. video evidence was posted.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Aussie Cow kills sinkie motorcyclist with her driving, fined only $5K & banned 4

Sinkie no license!?!?!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I took a defensive driving course in Alberta & it taught me to always do a side check before changing lanes. This has saved me from grief many times while driving in the US, Canada & Spore.

I notice that many drivers in Spore don't do this. Don't know if they are Sporean or foreigners. I find that driving in Spore is very stressful because the drivers here are unpredictable :eek:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I took a defensive driving course in Alberta & it taught me to always do a side check before changing lanes. This has saved me from grief many times while driving in the US, Canada & Spore.

I notice that many drivers in Spore don't do this. Don't know if they are Sporean or foreigners. I find that driving in Spore is very stressful because the drivers here are unpredictable :eek:

No problem sir. I have never been fined for driving too slowly. :cool:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No problem sir. I have never been fined for driving too slowly. :cool:

I remember driving in the middle lane on the PIE & within the legal speed limit, a guy behind got angry & started to flash his lights at me. When he passed me by on the right lane, he showed me the middle finger :eek:

When you try to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front, someone will definitely cut in front of you.

Like I said, it's too stressful driving in Spore.