• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SURBANA slams 'poor performers' in EMAIL LEAK... 26 PMETS AXED!

sinkiezen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surbana Jurong group chief executive Wong Heang Fine told his staff in a strongly-worded e-mail that the group cannot allow a small proportion of poor performers to be a drag on the rest of the organisation.

That was why the Temasek Holdings-owned infrastructure consultancy terminated the employment of a group of workers in Singapore over the past two weeks, he said.

"How can we be the best in class and build a great organisation when employees are not concerned with how they are performing relative to their peers?" wrote Mr Wong in the e-mail seen by The Straits Times yesterday.

"More importantly, for those of us who want to do great things, why should our rewards be affected by a small group of colleagues who don't care about how their poor performance affects our performance negatively?

"We cannot allow our 1 per cent of poor performers to continue to affect the rest of the 99 per cent of staff who are performing."

His e-mail, sent on Tuesday night, came after The Straits Times reported last week that dozens of staff at Surbana Jurong's local operations have lost their jobs. The firm employs about 3,000 workers here.

A Surbana Jurong spokesman said this was not a retrenchment exercise but "rather, a small number of poor performers were communicated with and released".

Mr Wong in his e-mail said 54 employees - 0.41 per cent of Surbana Jurong's global workforce and 0.79 per cent of its Singapore staff - were identified as poor performers.

Of the 54, 26 were professionals, with nine in senior positions, including managers, senior executive architects, principal architects and principal engineers.

NO RETRENCHMENTS

Mr Wong added there were no retrenchments, and the termination exercise was not targeted at any specific business unit, community, discipline or age.

He said group chairman Liew Mun Leong has spoken vehemently about poor company performance, which will drastically affect the bonuses of those business units that operated below par last year despite efforts to grow the projects pipeline.

"(The chairman) stressed that managing this poor business performance is a responsibility for all of us, both managers and employees," said Mr Wong.

[email protected]

http://news.asiaone.com/news/business/surbana-jurong-explains-terminations-e-mail-staff-0

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. The 1% should not dictate the actions and obstruct the pursuit of happiness by the 99%.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first of all, the CEO ought to understand the fuck up working culture of typical GLCs. if the GLC culture is good, do you think the staff will not strive for the company???!!! it speaks volume of his management and the truth that only management, they themselves matter and the rest of the pple are expendable. if he can disclose what is the turnover rate for the last 5 years, we will know if the SUrbana is a very special company.

the reason for stating above is that i have been a victim bullied by the por lumpar cronies in my work from s'pore technologies, i know absolutely how fuck up GLCs working environment are.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. The 1% should not dictate the actions and obstruct the pursuit of happiness by the 99%.

Exactly. The 30% should not dictate the actions and obstruct the pursuit of happiness by the 70%.

[Even if the whole is falling off the cliff.]

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
first of all, the CEO ought to understand the fuck up working culture of typical GLCs. if the GLC culture is good, do you think the staff will not strive for the company???!!! it speaks volume of his management and the truth that only management, they themselves matter and the rest of the pple are expendable. if he can disclose what is the turnover rate for the last 5 years, we will know if the SUrbana is a very special company.

the reason for stating above is that i have been a victim bullied by the por lumpar cronies in my work from s'pore technologies, i know absolutely how fuck up GLCs working environment are.

Its normal. Especially if the particular organisation is filled by ex-military people, scholars or otherwise.

I deal in B2B services. I can you that GLCs and government agencies only go for the cheapest vendor. They will even steal your ideas by asking to present a proposal. Then use the same idea ask a cheaper vendor to execute.

One of the agency related to hospitality is especially notorious for doing that. Ask ad agency to put proposal, steal idea then farm it to cheapo agency. In fact they even farm one recent project to a Pinoy agency, churning out an ad which became a world wide laughing stock.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its normal. Especially if the particular organisation is filled by ex-military people, scholars or otherwise.

I deal in B2B services. I can you that GLCs and government agencies only go for the cheapest vendor. They will even steal your ideas by asking to present a proposal. Then use the same idea ask a cheaper vendor to execute.

One of the agency related to hospitality is especially notorious for doing that. Ask ad agency to put proposal, steal idea then farm it to cheapo agency. In fact they even farm one recent project to a Pinoy agency, churning out an ad which became a world wide laughing stock.

my point is these so call GLCs's management are very fucking greedy. only they have families and others who are retrenched dun have a family to feed. allow me to quote one example, recently, i saw from news that the cleaners' salary went up to a mere $200 dollars. and the fucking cunt sinkie newspapers were creating sensational news about it. do you think $200 is a lot these days. those management for shopping malls ought to tell the cleaning companies to at least double the salaries of the cleaners. they are only concerned about they, themselves accountable to their board and shareholders. they charged exorbitant rentals and pay peanuts indirectly to these cleaners. wtf! and as if giving a little more to these cleaners will cause their company to go bankrupt. so many sinkies pump so much money in reits, dun tell me they can't afford. want to make money also must do a bit of good, pple will remember. the way GLC do business is outdated, miserly and out of touch, and serve them right that many of the retail shops are empty.

all these fucking elites in the mgmt. ought to be executed by firing squad!:oIo:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
my point is these so call GLCs's management are very fucking greedy. only they have families and others who are retrenched dun have a family to feed. allow me to quote one example, recently, i saw from news that the cleaners' salary went up to a mere $200 dollars. and the fucking cunt sinkie newspapers were creating sensational news about it. do you think $200 is a lot these days. those management for shopping malls ought to tell the cleaning companies to at least double the salaries of the cleaners. they are only concerned about they, themselves accountable to their board and shareholders. they charged exorbitant rentals and pay peanuts indirectly to these cleaners. wtf! and as if giving a little more to these cleaners will cause their company to go bankrupt. so many sinkies pump so much money in reits, dun tell me they can't afford. want to make money also must do a bit of good, pple will remember. the way GLC do business is outdated, miserly and out of touch, and serve them right that many of the retail shops are empty.

all these fucking elites in the mgmt. ought to be executed by firing squad!:oIo:

I have already mentioned in another thread that Sinkie Chinkies (I am one) are generally not much different from Ah Tiong (who they felt superior to). The pawn one another, worship money and status is deep deep within the Chinkie psyche.

All these GLCs and government agencies were built on the citizen's tax and CPF. However they are used to screwed the very same citizens.

DBS is a good example. Fired whole bunch of IT people in Singapore, then built a huge off-shore "innovation centre" in India.

Remember DBS is a GLC. And it was in the past bailed out by forced merger with POSB.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have already mentioned in another thread that Sinkie Chinkies (I am one) are generally not much different from Ah Tiong (who they felt superior to). The pawn one another, worship money and status is deep deep within the Chinkie psyche.

All these GLCs and government agencies were built on the citizen's tax and CPF. However they are used to screwed the very same citizens.

DBS is a good example. Fired whole bunch of IT people in Singapore, then built a huge off-shore "innovation centre" in India.

Remember DBS is a GLC. And it was in the past bailed out by forced merger with POSB.

one word! the management of these GLCs should get pay cut and give to others like the cleaners etc.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
call it what you want but to fire 54 people in one go is definitely a retrenchment exerise.

9 were in senior positions, including managers, senior executive /principal architects/ engineers.
If these people are incompetent ,how did they rise to senior positions?-they should have been identified early and fired years ago when they are junior executives!
So these millions of PRC's, Pinoys and Indian FT's are all competent ?
Train /lifts breakdown (and serious injuries),hepatitis deaths from negligence in SGH, Youth Olympics overspending ect2 not incompetent ?-so far who has been fired!

Last edited: