• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Can Toyota Fortuner Last for 20yrs

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters

I am thinking to buy Toyota fortuner. I want to know if this car is reliable and durable and can last for 20yrs with regular maintenance and services and repair by authorized car dealer toyota borneo motor?

I am thinking to use this car for long roadtrip regularly to Malaysia (driving from Singapore to Melaka and Ipoh).

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am thinking to buy Toyota fortuner. I want to know if this car is reliable and durable and can last for 20yrs with regular maintenance and services and repair by authorized car dealer toyota borneo motor?

I am thinking to use this car for long roadtrip regularly to Malaysia (driving from Singapore to Melaka and Ipoh).

With good servicing and parts change, i know the earlier versions of this car can last 1 million km in Thailand. The car is a little less comfortable because it is Hilux platform and positioned very high - some ladies might feel guilty being a passenger in the car (driving is ok).

Even Terrorists use them because of their reliability

ATTACKS-STINGERS.jpg

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the price of $170-180k from Borneo, the reliability is there but it is less worthwhile:

- If you can afford the best of Toyota 4WD, look at Prado as i explained Fortuner's suspension is more rugged for passenger comfort.

- For $170-180K, you might consider Lexus SUVs (5-seater) if you only love Toyota.

- If you can accept other Japanese brands, look at Nissan X-Trail (7-seater), or Subaru Outback (5-seater) for greater comfort. Fortuner costs almost 40-50% more than these two cars.

Fuel consumption is poor for all of the above mentioned, unless u prefer a more boring 7-seater, eg Toyota Wish.
All of the above mentioned are reliable.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh by the way, u mentioned that you wanna drive fortuner to Malaysia.

DO NOT BUY A FORTUNER TO DRIVE INTO MALAYSIA.

I guarantee that your car will be stolen or hijacked. This is the number 1 targeted car in Malaysia. Just read those car forums.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow sis you are now listed by me as a sinkie winner.
I can only afford Toyota starlet last time so I can't advise you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Canada, I owned 2nd hand Toyotas e.g. Tercel & Corollas. They have very good re-sale value. It's easy to find 2nd hand parts for them.
People who own american cars expect to replace their cars often but Toyota owners keep them longer.

When I sold my second hand Toyotas they had only depreciated by only few hundred dollars to one to two thousand $ :smile: They have a reputation for durability. Knew people who used one with over 500,000 km & used them as 2nd cars for the winter. In winter it's common for cars to get into fender benders because of slippery roads.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sis gin don't need a 7-seater and still prefers a spacious Toyota SUV,
she can also consider Toyota Harrier.

Just avoid 2015 and early 2016 Harriers because of some issues. New ones are ok.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh by the way, u mentioned that you wanna drive fortuner to Malaysia.

DO NOT BUY A FORTUNER TO DRIVE INTO MALAYSIA.

I guarantee that your car will be stolen or hijacked. This is the number 1 targeted car in Malaysia. Just read those car forums.

maybe that's what he/she wants leh...............hoping to get gang-raped by hijackers too............

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
My neighbor has 1 Fortuner and he told me its fuel consumption is quite high. However, I think that is subjective. My 1.6L turbo is giving me about 9km/l in city driving. I don't necessarily consider that to be high.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sis hope u r not buying it to be a uber /grab driver as thus industry won't last for 20yrs :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

As long as you follow the service schedule and change parts as recommended at the appropriate interval it will last 30 years easily.

My Hilux Surf is 23 years old and has just clocked 380,000km. It's still going strong.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want a Toyota that lasts forever then go for the land cruiser. If got money to burn then buy the Lexus variants.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

COE is ten years only, how you going to last 20 years on this?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You got good taste. Only a few land cruisers in Singapore, 4.6L i think.

Thank you.
I think the current FJ 200 series are the best ever. Looks and performance wise. Lexus LX equivalent.

The model that would last forever would be the FJ 70 series. They are still in production after more than 30 years. It is a workhorse that can rival the best land rovers. Can be found in all corners of the world except maybe sinkieland.

The FJ cruiser is another Favourite of mine. Quirky looking.

I dislike the Prado though. In some countries they are msrketed as land cruisers too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My neighbor has 1 Fortuner and he told me its fuel consumption is quite high. However, I think that is subjective. My 1.6L turbo is giving me about 9km/l in city driving. I don't necessarily consider that to be high.

Anyone who actually bothers about fuel consumption should not be driving an SUV.

They are heavy and cumbersome and are built for tough jobs not for economy.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who actually bothers about fuel consumption should not be driving an SUV.

They are heavy and cumbersome and are built for tough jobs not for economy.
I agree. That's why I say it's subjective especially when he's comparing his FORTUNER's fuel consumption with his son's HONDA CIVIC (non-turbo).