• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Can Toyota Fortuner Last for 20yrs

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I move to Thailand I'll probably buy a car. Was thinking of getting a sedan like a Yaris, Corolla, ... but nowadays with floods being so common I think it might be better get a taller vehicle. Any suggestions on which Toyota modeks to consider e.g. Hilux, Land Cruiser.,.... etc

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
COE is ten years only, how you going to last 20 years on this?

I have this opinion:

Option 1
Buy 1 new Hyundai car and drive for 10 years
Buy another new hyundai car and drive for 10 years
Total 10 years

Option 2
buy 1 Toyota fortuner and driving for 20 years (renew coe)

Option 2 is cheaper even though the initial capital outlay is higher. Option 2 is more reliable.

Option 1 is more expensive even though initial capital outlay is cheaper.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Gingerlyn you may wish to take a look at this old but informative thread particularly Leongsam's take on his test drive here http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....truck-to-be-launch-soon&p=2397344#post2397344

I could only speak for the truck and not the SUV however should be very similar. This 8th generation Toyota Hilux is very different from past generations as comfort level is very high even the drive is not truck like often feels like a sedan due to the smoothness of the engine and the steering. I am sure the Fortuna is even better.

By the way it's been 15 months now and I've clocked only 6,034km now and so far went to the gas station 9 times to fill up diesel. It's quite under utilized mostly maid use it for shopping and going home. Consumption now about 750km to a tank. My older V-Cross Dmax could easily do 900km to a tank once even did about 1,060km.

Photo taken a few minutes ago