• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Cycling

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has being a while since i come here to talk cock lol...

Just got into this poisonous hobby. spend almost around 4K already on the bike+accessories and really enjoyed this hobby. realised that there are more and more people picking up this expensive hobby. anyone else where into road bike?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just got into this poisonous hobby. spend almost around 4K already on the bike+accessories and really enjoyed this hobby. realised that there are more and more people picking up this expensive hobby. anyone else where into road bike?

ready to take my new carbon fiber bike for a spin all over the island. but start at 5:00am every dawn before sun rise. interested?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Been riding and racing on and off for the past 15 years. Started riding again in 2002 after a break of a couple of decades. Used to race when I was a kid in Singapore but did not know what the hell I was doing at the time.

Average 350km per week. 500km per week in the lead up to a race.

Weight 59kg. Resting heart rate 45.

I have 6 bicycles.. steel, carbon, titanium.

I am unique in that I have zero instrumentation on my bike... no computer, no speedometer.... nothing. I had them and sold the lot including my power meter. I found that they are just distractions and make no difference whatsoever as to how well I ride.

My advice is not to bother about fancy equipment. A sub 1Kg frame with Ultegra Di2 is all you need.

For wheels forget about the carbon stuff. Just get a pair of these and you're good to go

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/reviews/wheels/mavic-r-sys-slr-wheels

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are you, too poor to own a car? :rolleyes:

Who knows ts might load his expensive bike to his expensive car and drive to a better place to ride .
I wish I have a car to do this as it is boring to ride around neighbourhood and too far to ride to town.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
With 45, you would have been very competitive in a range of sports at a national level.

Been riding and racing on and off for the past 15 years. Started riding again in 2002 after a break of a couple of decades. Used to race when I was a kid in Singapore but did not know what the hell I was doing at the time.

I am unique in that I have zero instrumentation on my bike... no computer, no speedometer.... nothing. I had them and sold the lot including my power meter. I found that they are just distractions and make no difference whatsoever as to how well I ride.

My advice is not to bother about fancy equipment. A sub 1Kg frame with Ultegra Di2 is all you need.

For wheels forget about the carbon stuff. Just get a pair of these and you're good to go

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
With 45, you would have been very competitive in a range of sports at a national level.

While I believe I still have the fitness sadly I no longer have the temperament required to engage in top level races. I just find it too stressful.

I'm happy doing club racing where the size of the bunch seldom exceeds 50 half of which end up being dropped after the first couple of hills.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;Ey48j6dDNEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey48j6dDNEo[/video]

105 year old French man can still do competitive cycling.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

respect bro, i only average about 250km a week. got a eddy merckx 64 ultegra groupset. do not really trust DI2, call me paranoid haha. somehow trust the mechanical component more. its quite an expensive sport, spend almost 4K into it already in just few months but enjoy every moment of it. get to enjoy and see singapore more

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
While I believe I still have the fitness sadly I no longer have the temperament required to engage in top level races. I just find it too stressful.

I'm happy doing club racing where the size of the bunch seldom exceeds 50 half of which end up being dropped after the first couple of hills.

got into this sport as i need an exercise that is light in impact as my knee hurts if i run. was totally out of shape for my health and have lost more than 10kg since i started cycling half a year ago. do not think i will cycle in any race, now i just cycle round island at my own pace just for health reason. although i realise i am going faster and faster as the days goes by. thanks for the recommendation of the wheels, i am thinking of getting a new one as well as my current wheel is pretty heavy.

I saw this video and do not think i will get a carbon wheel as well. this fellow repair carbon for others and he strongly discourage people from getting a carbon wheel (clinchers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET1jRVynOBA&t=103s

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's not about how much $ you spend on your bike but the amount of time and effort you put into training that matters most.

i am on a 2nd hand 2008 giant tcr that costs me only $700 but it has brought me to many places, ridden >5000km on it, and most importantly kept me fit and healthy after I MR-ed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did you manage to get a TCR for $700?

it's not about how much $ you spend on your bike but the amount of time and effort you put into training that matters most.

i am on a 2nd hand 2008 giant tcr that costs me only $700 but it has brought me to many places, ridden >5000km on it, and most importantly kept me fit and healthy after I MR-ed.