• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Matland housewives fed-up and vows action over Sinkieland's RRC

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysians driving to Singapore on a daily basis have to deal with yet another charge - a Reciprocal Road Charge (RRC) that the republic claims it's imposing to match the RM20 (S$6.40) fee Malaysia is levying on their cars.

Although the RRC is only S$6.40 (RM20), this comes on top of the other fees - the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and the toll charges - that Malaysians already have to fork out to cross over to the city state.

Parents who send their children to school across the border are especially upset and concerned that school van operators might use the RRC as an excuse to increase the already high fares.

Ms Ivy Teh, 48, whose two children study in Singapore primary schools, said the fare had risen to RM750 per child, compared with RM350 six years ago.

The amount, she added, had been steadily rising over the years due to the fuel hike. Now, she is worried that the RRC would cause the fare to go up again.

39-34237495.6_40862364_-_13_12_2016_-_satpix11.jpg
An aerial view of Woodlands Checkpoint and the Causeway looking out towards Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Related Story
We are not discriminating against Singaporean cars, says Malaysian Transport Minister in response to new road charge

7.jpg
The new fee will be collected with the entry permit and toll charges for the two crossings, which can amount to as much as $41.50.
Related Story
New entry charge for foreign cars from Feb 15

"I have suggested to the van operator to give it at least six months or so to see if the S$6.40 RRC really causes any impact to her business before imposing another price increase," she said in an interview here on Monday (Jan 16).

Housewife Choong Swee Lan, 50, said it would be a huge burden if the fare is raised again as she is currently paying RM1,400 just to send her two children to school across the Causeway.

"We are already paying so much to give our children better quality education.

"With the schools in Singapore revising the fees by 10 per cent yearly and the high cost of living here, we might stop sending our kids there," she said.
:eek:

Another motorist, wishing to be known only as Jack, 36, said it is tough for people like him who drive to Singapore frequently to meet with his business partner who runs a workshop in Jurong.

"The timing is poor as our country's economic slowdown is already taking a toll on the people.

"I have no choice but to drive as it is hard for me to attend meetings on time if I take public transport," he said.

Contractor Idzwan Idzhar Marappan, 27, who goes shopping and dining in Singapore with his friends and family every week, said he might start carpooling with others to save cost.

"As if the existing charges such as the VEP and tolls are not enough, now we have to fork out an extra S$6.40," he sighed.

Sales manager Shareen Kaur, 30, who commutes to Singapore for work daily, said she would rather wake up much earlier to travel by public transport than pay more for the RRC.

"On some days I would drive into Singapore but with the collection of RRC next month, I won't mind braving the crowd to take public transport," she said.

But businessman Haziq Hakim, 30, who enters Singapore twice a week with his parents, said he will never make his aged parents take public transport.

It takes public transport commuters between 45 minutes and an hour, including time spent queueing at the immigration counters, to cross to Singapore. And they will need to wake up earlier, with some catching the buses at 3am or 4am.

For driving, it's a breeze if traffic is smooth, as it takes only 10 to 15 minutes to cross over. But if there's congestion, the journey can last up to two hours. More cars are seen during the weekends.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
not obliged to give them any education.

they can take their dirty money elsewhere, dont need them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is going to impact Sporeans who are staying in JB & sending their kids to Spore schools. Maybe these kids can skip NS because they are not enjoying the benefits of being a Sporeans :wink:

Are there any international schools in JB? This might be a business oppurtunity.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha talk so much...end of day money goes into the govt official pockets leh.
Maybe sg n msia share profits leh hahaha

U think these ppl sit in office, hold meeting do what? Think of ideas to milk the people money. If not their salary bonus come from who haha

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should learn to learn to leave zikapore alone. zikapore was booted out long ago. we are not fated to live peacefully together. msia has many resources - it should be able to do well by itself.

i spent 30 months in the army hearing constantly that the water sources must be secured. now i see msians doing jobs i want to do.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reciprocal road charge?Haha why not call it fit for tat road charge,or eye for eye road charge,or retaliatory road charge.reciprocal road charge machiam like our governments are couple in a love hate relationship.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they should learn to learn to leave zikapore alone. zikapore was booted out long ago. we are not fated to live peacefully together. msia has many resources - it should be able to do well by itself.

i spent 30 months in the army hearing constantly that the water sources must be secured. now i see msians doing jobs i want to do.

Singapore has over 100 billion dollar trade with mudland don't talk nonsense,export and import combined they are number 2 only behind China.water is the least of ur problem.

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has over 100 billion dollar trade with mudland don't talk nonsense,export and import combined they are number 2 only behind China.water is the least of ur problem.

if we need them so much why act so tough?

we need their water, their fresh produce, their cheap labour why act so tough?

since you say trade is such a big deal then just trade - nothing else, no more emotional bullshit.

Last edited:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore owes these people across causeway a living ?need to make things easy for them?

Bloody sense of self entitlement !

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow . Little sinkie losers already need to wakeup at 5am to school . Means little mat yoyo need to wakeup around 3am :eek: