• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie shot and killed at California Gun range, rusty because never do Reservist?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Man from Singapore killed in accidental shooting at US gun range: reports[/h]16 Jan 2017, 7:44 PM

6a8561dfa98143b3945152f462a068fe
Lionel Tan (Photo: Lionel’s Memorial Facebook Page)

A man from Singapore has died after an accidental shooting at a California gun range on Saturday (14 Jan), US media reports said.
He was identified as Lionel Tan, 36, of Hawaiian Gardens by the Riverside County Coroner’s Office. The shooting has been deemed accidental by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, which is investigating the incident.
According to a coroner’s report on the Sheriff’s Department’s website, the shooting took place at 11.35am at Raahauge Shooting Enterprises in Corona, California, a popular gun range.
Deputy Mike Vasquez told The Press Enterprise that Tan was taken to a local hospital just before noon and pronounced dead. Investigations are ongoing.
Cindy Raahauge Shenberger, the range manager, told the same paper that it was the first such incident in more than three decades at the range and that they did not know “exactly what happened”.
She also said the range’s safety record spoke for itself, and declined further comment.
Gabriel Estrada, reportedly a friend of Tan, has set up a crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe to help pay for the funeral expenses and his final journey home.
According to Estrada, “Lionel immigrated here from Singapore on his own several years ago and attended Purdue University. He studied Aerospace Engineering and most recently, he had been the Project Engineer on the Gold Line Connector in Downtown Los Angeles.
“He (Lionel) was always the first to offer a helping hand or a kind word. He expressed positivity and compassion in everything he did with a dedication to healthy living and a strong work ethic. This world was a better place with Lionel in it; Our friend will truly be missed.”
At press time, some US$20,000 had been raised. The original goal was to raise US$10,000.
According to the GoFundMe page, there will be a memorial for Tan in the US, before a family mass and service is held in Singapore.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The man, was identified on Sunday as Lionel Tan, 36, a resident of Hawaiian Gardens. Tan was taken to a local hospital just before noon and pronounced dead at 12.09pm.
The gun range was closed on Saturday afternoon while the Sheriff’s Department conducted its investigation but reopened on Sunday.
On Facebook, Mr Gabriel Estrada, a friend of Tan, put up a post saying: “Our sudden loss yesterday of our friend is truly starting to sink in. Freak accidents happen, proving how short life can be.”
Mr Estrada set up a crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe.com to raise money to pay for the funeral expenses, saying: “Lionel immigrated here from Singapore on his own several years ago and attended Purdue University. He studied Aerospace Engineering and most recently, he had been the Project Engineer on the Gold Line Connector in Downtown Los Angeles.
“Lionel is survived by his family in Singapore and they are beginning to make the journey here to pick up their son, brother and take him home. As you all know, this will not be an easy process but all of us here will make sure our brother makes it back home to his final resting place.”
As of writing, the amount raised reached US$17,170 (S$24,558) - the original goal was to raise US$10,000.
When contacted, Mr Estrada told TODAY that he could not discuss any details as “there is still an investigation of the accident going on”.
“Lionel will be greatly missed and he has many friends that are here to support the family,” he added.
On the GoFundMe page, Mr Estrada described Tan as a “good man and friend”.
“He (Lionel) was always the first to offer a helping hand or a kind word. He expressed positivity and compassion in everything he did with a dedication to healthy living and a strong work ethic. This world was a better place with Lionel in it; Our friend will truly be missed.”
According to the GoFundMe page, Tan’s family will be arriving in the US on Tuesday (Jan 17). There will be a memorial for Tan in the US, before a family mass and service will be held back in Singapore.
Tan was a student at Tampines Junior College before pursuing further studies in the US, according to his Facebook page. His LinkedIn profile showed that he had worked in the US for at least 10 years as an engineer.
SINGAPORE — A man from Singapore was fatally shot at a gun range in California on Saturday (Jan 14), according to US media reports.
The shooting occurred at 11.35am at Raahauge Shooting Enterprises in Corona, California, according to a coroner’s report on the Riverside County Sheriff Department’s website. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, which is investigating the fatality, has deemed the shooting accidental, but investigations are still ongoing.

On the incident, Mrs Cindy Raahauge Shenberger, the range manager, told The Press Enterprise: “We don’t know exactly what happened”. She declined further comment on the incident, but said it was the first such incident in more than three decades at the outdoor range.

According to the Raahauge gun range website, the facility offers several activities including shooting instruction, pheasant and duck hunting, dog training, a sporting clay range and more.

The popular range was closed for several days in November last year after a fire burned several buildings and caused US$2 million worth of damage. An electrical malfunction caused the fire, according to a statement released by Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department

WW3Concert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the guy walked up to check his target papers for scores, while others were with their guns loaded either mis-fired or shooting at some targets near by.

In the range, people wearing ear-plugs, could not hear the safety announcements.

Cock up happened always.

I was at in door archery range to pickup arrows when I realized others were still shooting at my direction. Bastards!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
he was either shot by dick cheney or mike pence

the republicans are lousy shooters... whorest is their mouth

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess the guy walked up to check his target papers for scores, while others were with their guns loaded either mis-fired or shooting at some targets near by.

In the range, people wearing ear-plugs, could not hear the safety announcements.

Cock up happened always.

I was at in door archery range to pickup arrows when I realized others were still shooting at my direction. Bastards!

archery range is very different from gun range, especially when licensed by county. very unlikely that other firers have weapons loaded and are firing while some check targets, if rules are followed. the safety record of that range will indicate they follow prevailing safety rules, such as range wardens going to every firer and check their weapons with ammo or clips out and chambers empty before giving the all-clear signal. as a safety instructor at the local range, before giving the all-clear i have to remind every user to remove clips and last bullet from firing chamber, leave weapons open on counter showing empty chamber, hands off, and step back. and then follow reminder with a walk to every firing station to check all weapons. those who do not comply are ejected from the range.

my guess is that most likely the accident happened at firing booth with another party nearby.

WW3Concert

Alfrescian
Loyal
archery range is very different from gun range, especially when licensed by county. very unlikely that other firers have weapons loaded and are firing while some check targets, if rules are followed. the safety record of that range will indicate they follow prevailing safety rules, such as range wardens going to every firer and check their weapons with ammo or clips out and chambers empty before giving the all-clear signal. as a safety instructor at the local range, before giving the all-clear i have to remind every user to remove clips and last bullet from firing chamber, leave weapons open on counter showing empty chamber, hands off, and step back. and then follow reminder with a walk to every firing station to check all weapons. those who do not comply are ejected from the range.

my guess is that most likely the accident happened at firing booth with another party nearby.

Still got cock up happening and injuries and deaths. I has seen blur fucks in SAF ranges, IA shooting everywhere, shade roof shot by blur fuck, I took cover in fox hole 8 meter away.

AhLeePaPa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got such ass luck to get killed at gun range, even go reservist range also get shot dead as well. Then SAF kenna BOI! HUAT?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Got such ass luck to get killed at gun range, even go reservist range also get shot dead as well. Then SAF kenna BOI! HUAT?

Yes, he should have stayed in singapore and once a year during ICT, he can go to gun range and shoot to his heart's content.....in safety, and for free.