• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Did Dr Ting and TOC Win Against PAP's Appeal?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Court of Appeal rules that Government is NOT a person under S15 of Protection from Harassment Act.

The Court of Appeal has passed its landmark judgement in the case between Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and Dr Ting Choon Meng/The Online Citizen, stating that the Singapore Government is not deemed as a "person" under the section 15 of the Protection from Harassment Act."

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the pap appeal thrown out by the Court, what are the implications to the case?

any legal eagle can comment?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Means they ALL know Singapore has a weak leader and time to throw him out.

Anymore nonsense cases like this even the court has to personally throw him out.

With the pap appeal thrown out by the Court, what are the implications to the case?

any legal eagle can comment?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anymore nonsense cases like this even the court has to personally throw him out.

I hope your interpretation is correct. Hope that SG Courts are truly fair and mete out justice regardless of whether it is pap or a pauper

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was a three-Judge Appeal Court.

the Judgement was passed against the PAP 2-1. The one vote for the PAP was CJ Sundaresh Menon

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know that many SAF personnel were demoralized and felt harassed by that fat lard bucket's constant suing of Mindef. Surely that counts for harassment of some sorts.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that many SAF personnel were demoralized and felt harassed by that fat lard bucket's constant suing of Mindef. Surely that counts for harassment of some sorts.

When Mindef was wrong, suing it is not harassment.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
"Court of Appeal rules that Government is NOT a person under S15 of Protection from Harassment Act.

The Court of Appeal has passed its landmark judgement in the case between Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and Dr Ting Choon Meng/The Online Citizen, stating that the Singapore Government is not deemed as a "person" under the section 15 of the Protection from Harassment Act."

I already know this mah. That is why I am always harassing and smearing the govt. here, its all perfectly legal according to the court of appeals.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already know this mah. That is why I am always harassing and smearing the govt. here, its all perfectly legal according to the court of appeals.

It is good to know that the pap cant legally stop Singaporeans from bring charges against its wrong doing.

It is even better to know that the Court of Appeal stood up against the pap.

But what's disappointing is that CJ Sundaresh Menon dissented. Pleased that the CJ was outvoted by Justice Phang and Justice Chao

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pap is letting it pass and no point t win this case. If they want to win this case they can tweak.

Yes, knowing the pap they will change the rules like CPF Life, Medishield Life, constituency boundaries, etc just to win