• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Guess the race: Family of 7 facing eviction after owing 3 months of rental

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A woman writing to Transitioning – a support group for out of work PMETs – has asked for support for her family of 7. Transitioning is supporting one of the woman’s five children under their sponsor-a-kid scheme.

The woman, Zaza, said that she is at her wits end because her husband was recently terminated and is now on doing odd jobs on a part-time basis.

She is also facing eviction for being late in paying her charges for her HDB rental flat. Her SP Services bill is also overdue.

2-16.jpg

She said that the Social Service Office was not forthcoming to assist them unless she places her children in childcare so that she could go to work. She said that she was willing to do this, but it was a lot of adjustment for the family in a short period of time.

The following is the letter she sent to Transitioning.

I am Zaza. We are a family of 7 – my husband, myself and our 5 children.

One of my children is under your sponsor-a-kid scheme which is ending this April 2017. I thank you for every help you’ve rendered to us.

Right now, I’m at my wits end. My husband just got terminated from his job and now is on part-time odd job basis while going for full time job interviews. Which means that we have unstable income for now.

Recently, I’ve received letters from the HDB and SP services regarding my overdue bills – HDB rental owed is $170 (plus late charges) and the SP services $239. The rent each month for our rental unit is $44 and I owed HDB 3 months.

I’m particularly worried about all the bill letters they sent recently because they will restrict our water supply and we also need to vacant our unit if we continue to owe them money.

We did try going to SSO but they wanted me to go and work and change my children’s PCF to childcare first which is a lot of documentation to do at the short period of time. So they won’t help us.

I hope you can help us.

http://theindependent.sg/family-of-7-faces-eviction-from-hdb-for-owing-3-months-rental/

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
$44 a month rent also cannot afford. i think these deadbeat tenants are plain lazy and refuse to work. even a cleaner or delivery man job can earn enough to pay $44 a month.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Locals facing eviction from rental flats while Pinoys ("I burned the flag of Singapore. I said: 'F*** you ...),PRC's (" the detention of the nine SAF Terrex ICV...does not comply with international law) and India (MBA from Southern Pacific University?) are living it up in condos here.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$44 a month rent also cannot afford. i think these deadbeat tenants are plain lazy and refuse to work. even a cleaner or delivery man job can earn enough to pay $44 a month.

Worse thing is can't even feed themselves still can have 5 kids.. the stop at 2 policy was the best as it prevented these trailer park task from breeding. Bring back the stop at 2 n graduate mother's policy..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am glad they are being evicted. Otherwise, it is unfair to the rest who faithfully pay their rent and bills on time.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worse thing is can't even feed themselves still can have 5 kids.. the stop at 2 policy was the best as it prevented these trailer park task from breeding. Bring back the stop at 2 n graduate mother's policy..

Somebody must sacrifice to populate the Malays as pap Flood the Malay island with prc Chinese, pinoys, Malaysians and Indians

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
lazy bitch, go deal with the documentation and the help will come. if filling in a bunch of forms can get you help and you won't do it, then you deserve to be at your wits' end.

We did try going to SSO but they wanted me to go and work and change my children’s PCF to childcare first which is a lot of documentation to do at the short period of time. So they won’t help us.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Ask them how many handphones the whole family has. Can afford to pay for smart phone cannot pay rent?