• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 2017 is so good! Duterte: Martial Law is Coming!

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Way better than Thai Army Junta! Huat Ah!

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/862251/duterte-to-declare-martial-law-if-situation-in-ph-turns-virulent

newsinfo / Nation

share this

Duterte to declare martial law if situation in PH turns ‘virulent’
By: Nestor Corrales - Reporter / @NCorralesINQ
INQUIRER.net / 11:48 PM January 14, 2017
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO/JOAN BONDOC

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO/JOAN BONDOC

Not even the Supreme Court could stop him if he wanted to declare martial law.

President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday night said no one could stop him from declaring martial law if the situation in the Philippines becomes “virulent.”

“Kung gusto ko, and if it will deteriorate into something really very virulent, I will declare martial law if I want to. Walang makapigil sa akin (If I wanted to…no one can stop me),” Duterte said in his speech during the oath-taking ceremony of the Trustees and Officers of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce in Davao City.
ADVERTISEMENT

But the President said he would declare martial law not on the basis of invasion or insurrection but to preserve the country.

“If I have to declare martial law, I will declare it, not because of invasion, insurrection, I will declare martial law to preserve my nation, period,” he said.

External Invasion is one of the conditions in the 1987 Constitution for the chief executive to declare martial law.

Duterte mentioned about martial law as he was speaking on the problem of illegal drugs in the country.

Under the Constitution, the President would need to submit a report to Congress within 48 hours after his declaration of martial law. Congress can vote to revoke the declaration.

Duterte earlier said he wanted the declaration of martial law to be the prerogative of the chief executive without the approval of Congress and the Supreme Court.

READ: Duterte’s wish: Martial law sans Congress, SC nod

Also enshrined in the Constitution was the right of the any citizen to question the declaration of martial law before the Supreme Court.

But the President said he was ready not to heed the high court if the situation calls for it.

Wala akong pakialam diyan sa (I don’t care about the) Supreme Court because of the right to preserve one’s life and my nation. My country transcends everything else, even the limitation,” he said

Holding a thick bundle of papers, Duterte showed his thick “narcolist,” which he claimed contained names of politicians, judges and policemen.

He said four million Filipinos were now slaves of drug addiction.

The President did not end his speech without slamming his critics, who claimed that he wanted to declare martial law to extend his term.

“Those in Manila thinking about martial law, lengthening your stay . . . B*lsh*t,” he said.

“I do not need the presidency at this point in my life,” he added.

Duterte has launched a brutal crackdown on illegal drugs since he assumed in office in June 30, 2016. As of posting time, more than 6, 000 suspected drug addicts have been killed under the administrations no-nonsense war on illegal drugs. TVJ

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Duterte is no Trump. Kamma will catch up on him for sucking China's dick and killing so many people.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
China fought hard against Westerners opium trade and the main opium supplier was British Empire. And the English had no qualm they monopolised the opium trade at Chinese door step.

Duterte was right to wipe out drug trade.

In order to forced Chinese to open more trading ports to them they used opium trade.

knn, Duterte shd buy one nuke fro China/Russia and throw into USA to 杀鸡敬候. The drug mules will run roads and if they were found out which country they are from send more nukes to that country.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/book-review-the-opium-war-by-julia-lovell-1409339298

'Is the War with China a Just One?" asked a London pamphlet in 1840 during the opening of the Opium War. The author's answer was: Yes. The louder response, however, echoed on both sides for most of the past 170-plus years, has been No, it most certainly was not.

In 1839, China cracked down on the illegal opium trade at Canton (now Guangzhou), which was dominated by private British merchants who smuggled the drug in huge quantities from India. An imperial commissioner confiscated and destroyed British-owned stocks of the drug worth millions of pounds. In response, London sent a fleet of modern warships to hammer the unprepared Chinese into submission and force them, at the war's end in 1842, to pay for the opium and give up Hong Kong, among many other concessions.

The Yellow Peril

In 1886, a Scottish globetrotter that she had cracked the mystery: If .... a taste of opium should once again gain footing in England, is it has already done in America, there maybe reason to fear lest the poison which the British has so assiduously cultivated for China, may eventually finds its market amongst our own children - a retribution too terrible to contemplate, though one against the possibility of which it were well to guard. The British bad conscience was emerging with imperialist loathing for China: the outcome would be the Yellow Peril.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/book-review-the-opium-war-by-julia-lovell-1409339298

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duterte is no Trump. Kamma will catch up on him for sucking China's dick and killing so many people.

so according to you , is Ferdinand E. Marcos good ?
are all past phillipines presidents good ?
what have they achieved ?

you read about many being killed in the drug war initiated by Duterte ,
you don't read about the death and suffering of the people
because they were not reported in the sillypoore mainstream news.

are you a Filipinos ? if not than it is rather strange
that majority of Filipinos in philipines and here in sillypoore land
supported duterte.
don't u think these filipinos know their culture , homeland and people
better than you ?