• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Such a shame, I didn't do well in school

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/gracefu.hy/posts/1220479584694781
Grace Fu - “How did you get good progress?
o My Grandfather helped me with my Mother Tongue
o I slept less often in class
o I bucked up and played less computer games
o I failed my first term badly and that was a wake-up call”
Regardless of the reasons, it was good to encourage efforts to improve. I am glad that Ministry of Education, Singapore and the schools are recognising improvements made by students, beyond those who top the class.

You actually take the time to check on PAP low life facebook???

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having paper cert is nothing. So many PhDs are working for bosses with 10% of their qualification. Study hard n get good results for fuck ?

There are 2 types of people who does not have certs. 1 is actually have the flair to study but they are either too poor to proceed or not keen in studies. The 2nd type is those that want to study but their pig brain cannot make it.
So only the 1st type are the "bosses" without certs.
The 2nd type who have pig brain, for some of them are still bosses due to their family background.

To put it simpler, group 1 has lower iq than group 2.
There are problems in dealing with group 1 pig brainers. Their iq is not low till the stage of moron, but is abnormally lower than a average human beings.
So is a challenge to deal with this group of people in daily life, as you will want to give them slaps or enrol them to imh and yet they doesn't meet the entry requirements.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Study hard and get a government job in sg. But now with all the new citizens who work harder and can take hardship better than sinkies, there's really not much point for a peasant sinkie to study so hard as they cannot beat these new citizens.

Only the scholars take helicopter. If u aren't a scholar, you r doomed a minion for life nvrmind if you have as much As as your pimples for your studies.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for English I would direct him to sbf :biggrin:
...Too bad there was no sbf at that time.
In my humble opinion, to improve one's proficiency in any language (not just English), listening to it is much more important than reading it. :o
In my case, when I was a teenager during the 1990s, I was very interested in sports (not just football) news from around the world, so I used to listen to the BBC World Service's "Sports Roundup" on the radio:
bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/sports_round.shtml
wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_World_Service#Asia
at least twice a day nearly everyday during my teenage years, and I ended up listening to many other "BBC World Service" radio programmes (especially the hourly news) out of curiosity. :o
I also liked, and still like, to watch British and American movies (most of them from videotapes when I was a teenager), so that helped a lot too. :o
But unfortunately, watching our locally-produced "Channel 5" TV shows or listening to any Sinkie English radio station will probably not help much, in my opinion. :o

If not for my interest in British&American movies and international sports when I was a teenager, my English nowadays would probably be quite lousy, simply because I'm a Chinese Sinkie! :p
Even now, I still consider my English to be inferior to the average American or Briton. :o

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am flattered.

A_butler_bowing_down_101112-238361-162009.jpg

It's my pleasure , sir !