• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overseas

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

But who will want become PR except the undesirable kind of immigrants? We will never achieve our immigration and population targets that way! Out!

Who say? You say? Only the really true talent die hard can and want to contribute to singapore will apply for PR. All the undesirable lazy buggers will be scared off by prospect of serving NS.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Son Of Loser Senior Counsel Jailed For 10 Years AWOL! Father Useless Overs

Actually the land grab plan ain't so bad. Just need to put it into action. If win then got more land to use and expand. Problem is they know cannot win lah.

cannot hold lah in a sea of moose. every mujahidden in every crack and crevice on the planet will cum swarming in to take it back. sinkies don't have the stomach to absorb neverending ied's and truck bombs. if uncle sam and the best of the best cannot tahan and have to withdraw, don't know who can.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Israel can. And Sinkies like to compare themselves to Israelis.

Anyway you joker lah! Snap SAF and sinkieland with that cockanathan plan! Was it something that boosted your CEP and KPI give you nice promotion and bonus?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Israel can. And Sinkies like to compare themselves to Israelis.

Anyway you joker lah! Snap SAF and sinkieland with that cockanathan plan! Was it something that boosted your CEP and KPI give you nice promotion and bonus?

offered post-grad scholarship but with 8-yr bond. declined as i already close to finishing minimum bond requirement. must run road lah when wings started to flap and about to take flight. only jokers stay on and suck pap cock.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

let's say the decades old saf doctrine of massive mechanized and armored divisions running straight up on multiple axis of invasion supported by heliborne forces which secure lz's and hold checkpoints and important terrain chokepoints to allow armored columns to speed through is great market-garden type theory of panzer blitzkrieg but horrible and flawed when it's actually executed. must say that i have had a hand in it when in g3 but now thinking back, it spawned the need for corp and army (3 corps) level kind of manpower to invade and hold ground, the size of which you can guess. i actually helped write the manual for it and planned a couple of massive exercises, one of which was to validate the crossing of 1 full corp and 2 partial corps. from that moment on, there were guard units (for heliborne) and huge numbers of mechanized units (papsmearer will thank me for his vocation), but i now regret it. it was an honest mistake. saf should regress from that flawed doctrine of invasion and occupation, and convert that to surgical ops and powerful punitive strikes to punish forcefully and successfully to honor the true concept of defence and deterrence, not land grab. the bloating of the saf started from there. the root cause. now i must jump into bedok reservoir.

hahahhaah, so it was u all along, yes, you must jump into bedok reservoir asap.

Donch have to be so dramatic lah. u and i know that u were only part of the team that thought up this multiple axis invasion north, there were others, so all of you can hold hand together and jump in bedok reservoir. U are not the only guilty party. LOL. If it eases your mind, I can tell you your plan was a joke to many mid level commanders in the Armour corp. We had a good laugh and marvel at the imagination of armchair scholar generals and their ilk. Let me summarize for you, I might be off, its been a few years. 1 week to KL, right? Or was it 2 weeks.

We paid no heed to it, only our senior officers seem to be impressed by the plan. However, we are smart enough to know there is no rommel, guderian, or Von Mellethin among the lot of them. Which means there is a zero chance to execute successfully on the time scale required. Add to the fact that we are totally not trained for FIBUA and Tank Infantry Corporation in build up areas, which we would need to have. All in, it was a good laugh. thanks for the humorous read.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Thats like saying Kulai and JB is 2 different places to be anal. The nearest city is Leeds. Its simlar tp scottsdale and Glendale argument. RSAF Pearce is not technically in Perth but its the nearest city.

Hmmmmm.... Bradford is a city itself, with over half million population. what has leeds got to do with it? they are 2 separate cities. U fucked up, say so lah. By your logic, Johor Bahru must be referred to as Singapore, because SIngapore is nearest city? I don't think the citizens of Bradford would appreciate being called Leedians.

Regarding Scottsdale and Glendale, you have to refer to both cities by their name. or else you just say you are in Phoenix metropolitan area. No one will mistake Scottsdale and Glendale as the same, except maybe you.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Orrrr.....aiyah scroobal then say lah. Singapore PR then should serve lah. But I thought Singapore PR first generation no need NS unless volunteer. Only the sons or 2nd generation PR must.

Scroobal to clarify you are referring to Canadian citizen US citizen no Singapore PR and serving in SAF?

Screwedballs like to omit "minor" details like this to support his flawed argument.. nothing new, SOP for him. Just like he says Wooden's daughter lives in Leeds when their home is in Bradford, just because Leeds is the closest town. Never mind Bradford has over half a million people.

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who say? You say? Only the really true talent die hard can and want to contribute to singapore will apply for PR. All the undesirable lazy buggers will be scared off by prospect of serving NS.

Same same. You are a fucking smelly Chink. :rolleyes:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You have been one of the longest in this forum. I was actually shocked to hear that you applied for citizenship for your sons. Why would you want them to spend 2 years to serve NS when they were born, raised in Canada and their home is Canada. Without the Singapore citizenship they could still visit, work and even live in Singapore. If you wanted them to go thru military training to build them up. They could have gone to the Canadian Army or the Reserves for that.

I thought that with the global shift where more and more countries are allowing dual citizenships, Singapore may change by 2021.
May be I should not have applied for them.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

let's say the decades old saf doctrine of massive mechanized and armored divisions running straight up on multiple axis of invasion supported by heliborne forces which secure lz's and hold checkpoints and important terrain chokepoints to allow armored columns to speed through is great market-garden type theory of panzer blitzkrieg but horrible and flawed when it's actually executed. must say that i have had a hand in it when in g3 but now thinking back, it spawned the need for corp and army (3 corps) level kind of manpower to invade and hold ground, the size of which you can guess. i actually helped write the manual for it and planned a couple of massive exercises, one of which was to validate the crossing of 1 full corp and 2 partial corps. from that moment on, there were guard units (for heliborne) and huge numbers of mechanized units (papsmearer will thank me for his vocation), but i now regret it. it was an honest mistake. saf should regress from that flawed doctrine of invasion and occupation, and convert that to surgical ops and powerful punitive strikes to punish forcefully and successfully to honor the true concept of defence and deterrence, not land grab. the bloating of the saf started from there. the root cause. now i must jump into bedok reservoir.

wow!
You are one high level officer.
Salute!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I thought that with the global shift where more and more countries are allowing dual citizenships, Singapore may change by 2021.

The Singaporean psyche will never allow it without a price. I can see perhaps the next step would be to allow dual citizenship, but still insist the males serve NS if they want to have Singapore citizenship.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, thats the trend. GCK mentioned that cabinet when he was PM had considered it but shelved it, its in the KIV basket. OZ allowed it in circa 2004. Those who gave it up to take up another citizenship applied and got it back after the change in law. Singapore will likely change as well eventually but it may take years. NS is the big issue.

I am sure many of those who deferred NS and renounced it will apply once the law changed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many of our PRs never took Singapore citizenship despite serving NS and again mostly Malaysians. MP Chen Show Mao was a Taiwanese when he went o OCS and passed out as commissioned officer. When he completed his NS, he kept his Taiwanese citizenship. It was only a couple of years later when he wanted to be eligible for Rhodes.

Like Chen and with the influx of foreigners, we now have United Nations of nationalities who are PR in Singapore and haver served NS without giving up their citizenship.

So the argument about foreigners in our Army has been there for 4 decades.

In 1992, the Govt issued a circular to all GLCs to give long standing Singapore PRs who hold position of department head and upwards to take up citizenship within one year or lose their position. SIA's head of engineering, a Malaysian with local PR and very well regarded asked for his deputy to be promoted to head and he dropped to deputy. SIA management agreed. However the policy did not work and they removed it.

Maybe it is time to start a thread "come in if you are total non Singaporean serving in SAF reservist or know someone like that"

It is the first time I have heard of this. Maybe some straits times journalist out there reading can do a story on this?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Singaporean psyche will never allow it without a price. I can see perhaps the next step would be to allow dual citizenship, but still insist the males serve NS if they want to have Singapore citizenship.

I agree.
I thought the dual citizenship will provide more opportunities.

jw5

Loyal

Unfortunately, Gossipy Former Policeman Mark Yeo (who uses the moniker scroobal, among many others) is still keeping his citizenship. :biggrin:

attachment.php

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Yes, thats the trend. GCK mentioned that cabinet when he was PM had considered it but shelved it, its in the KIV basket. OZ allowed it in circa 2004. Those who gave it up to take up another citizenship applied and got it back after the change in law. Singapore will likely change as well eventually but it may take years. NS is the big issue.

I am sure many of those who deferred NS and renounced it will apply once the law changed.

I believe that the law may change to "allow" dual citizenship (not that it is not already allowed according to the law) but it will demand that the males serve NS. Which in other words is no real change to the law.

The reason why it will never be such that you can have dual citizenship without serving NS is because the people of Singapore will never allow it.

As I have maintained all along, the state of Singapore has less to do with the PAP and more to do with the people of Singapore. PAP merely gives Singaporeans what they want deep down.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. But 99% parents who migrated know that it not worth for their sons serving the 2 years when their new home is a 1st World country. Anyway Singapore seems to treat foreigners and Singaporeans the same. The schools fees changes were minimal to show a difference but all else is the same. You can apply for PR, employment pass etc in Singapore at the drop of the hat. You can even start a small business such as cafe being a foreigner with no road blocks.

I spent 19 years telling this to forummers.

The former Singapore's cricket captain who migrated to Melbourne has a daughter who holds dual citizenship. She never gave up her Singapore citizenship. She worked in Geneva for the UN. She then applied for a position with Temasek PR office in Singapore and she got the job. She used her OZ citizenship and passport to apply.

Nearly everyone who left Singapore know what to do including fresh off the boat foreigners but the locals are still waiting for Straits Times to tell what next.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. But 99% parents who migrated know that it not worth for their sons serving the 2 years when their new home is a 1st World country. Anyway Singapore seems to treat foreigners and Singaporeans the same. The schools fees changes were minimal to show a difference but all else is the same. You can apply for PR, employment pass etc in Singapore at the drop of the hat. You can even start a small business such as cafe being a foreigner with no road blocks.

I spent 19 years telling this to forummers.

The former Singapore's cricket captain who migrated to Melbourne has a daughter who holds dual citizenship. She never gave up her Singapore citizenship. She worked in Geneva for the UN. She then applied for a position with Temasek PR office in Singapore and she got the job. She used her OZ citizenship and passport to apply.

Nearly everyone who left Singapore know what to do including fresh off the boat foreigners but the locals are still waiting for Straits Times to tell what next.

Which is the reason that I am waiting to see how it turns out, when our daughters turn 21, whether or not the SG government will insist that they renounce their SG citizenship.
For males, serving NS to retain SG citizenship is fair, otherwise, for all of us who have served NS and those who will serve, it is discrimination.

jw5

Loyal

Which is the reason that I am waiting to see how it turns out, when our daughters turn 21, whether or not the SG government will insist that they renounce their SG citizenship.
For males, serving NS to retain SG citizenship is fair, otherwise, for all of us who have served NS and those who will serve, it is discrimination.

I believe you said before you have only one daughter. :wink:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Scroobal, you are trying to confuse people.

When you talk about PRs serving NS, you should mention that these PRs are NOT the first generation. They are the sons who came as young children, educated in MOH schools, brainwashed just like every other sinkie boy, then served NS. In other words, Singaporean in heart and psyche. So the "Russian" or "Canadian" or "American" or Norwegian" male probably speaks Singlish, has gone to Singapore schools, eats Char Kway Teow, Laksa, Kway Chap etc. They are as good as Singaporean lah. So the security risk is low.

The impression you seem to be trying to throw out there is that you have these true blue Canadian, Russian, Americans etc who just packed their bags and flew to Singapore and served NS. It's not quite the same. These guys would be first generation Singapore PRs who are exempt from serving NS. Only their sons will have to serve.